Hodges endorses Darrisaw for State Court

Former Dougherty County District Attorney Ken Hodges, right, endorses Magistrate CourtJudge Victoria Darrisaw, second from right, Monday for the State Court judge seat being vacated by Judge John Salter. Darrisaw, who worked with Hodges for eight years in the DA’s office, is running against Chris Warren.

ALBANY, Ga. -- Former Dougherty County District Attorney Ken Hodges on Monday endorsed Magistrate Judge Victoria Darrisaw in her bid to become State Court judge.

Darrisaw is pitted against Albany attorney Chris Warren for the seat being vacated by outgoing State Court Judge John Salter. The race will be decided in the July 31 Democratic primary.

"She (Darrisaw) and I worked together in the district attorney's office for eight years," said Hodges."She has been serving the people since. She has been a judge for the last three years and I am proud to support Victoria Darrisaw as Dougherty County's next State Court judge.

"I've been watching her grow for a number of years and she will continue to grow if elected. I hope the people of Dougherty County will vote for her."

A native of South Carolina, Darrisaw is a graduate of Spelman College and Mercer Law School. She was appointed magistrate by Salter in 2009.

"This endorsement means a lot to me," Darrisaw said. "I want to continue to serve as a public servant and let the people know the court system is there for them."

Before her appointment as magistrate judge, Darrisaw worked as an assistant DA in the Dougherty and South Georgia judical circuits. She began her legal career as clerk for Judge Louis Sands and Judge Tommy Wilcox.

Darrisaw's opponent, Warren, is a Howard University and Emory Law School graduate and is currently an attorney with the Ken Nugent law firm.

Comments

ObjectiveEyes 2 years, 4 months ago

Hodges' endorsement just swung my vote to Chris Warren.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 4 months ago

I know, why do these people endorse... I was voting for Darrisaw because Chris Warren works for Ken Nugent. Are you kidding me, an ambulance chaser wants to be a judge? Now Hodges has to screw up Darrisaw's campaign??? Ugh!

43cop 2 years, 4 months ago

Well, guess Hodges was told to do this by Phoebe Putney and I, just as ObjectiveEyes, will vote for Chris Warren.

bubbavet 2 years, 4 months ago

Just be glad Salter is gone.

Cartman 2 years, 4 months ago

Didn't I tell you guys! A public endorsement from Ken Hodges! Bwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaa!!!!! I would have paid him to stay away.

debbie44 2 years, 4 months ago

My personal experience with Judge Darrisaw is that she is a detriment to women. a friend went before her to get a restraining order from an abusive boyfriend. When the woman went before Judge Darrisaw, she experienced an angry woman who used her office to be vindictive. She refused to extend the restraining order because the woman was angry (an resonably so because she had been put through so much) and Judge Darrisaw went on to make such comments as to blame the woman for her circumstances. The woman's boyfriend was in court and as Judge Darisaw admonished the woman, the boyfriend looked on with a smirk. Judge Darisaw had given the boyfriend a red light to harm the woman, and all because she didn't like the woman's attitude. Judge Darisaw is vindictive in the courtroom and abuses her authority. A person like this should never be allowed to make decisions about other people's lives because they can't see beyond their own selfish agenda.

debbie44 2 years, 4 months ago

Is the lady behind Judge Darrisaw Dr. Valerie Thomas, principal of Monroe High School? I thought that a state employee could not campaign for a candidate during her work hours. Isn't this some kind of violation? She knows better herself. That's probably why she's hiding. She didn't even have to be in the picture. But Oh what some folks will do to be seen.

Moe 2 years, 4 months ago

Wow. Talk about destroying one's campaign. I would have voted for Victoria, but not now. Ken Hodges is filth.

Cartman 2 years, 4 months ago

Chris Warren should be running ads that state, "Ken Hodges Endorses Darrisaw"

iko 2 years, 4 months ago

Victoria Darrisaw has forever tarnished and degraded her candidacy by having it endorsed by Ken Hodges, a man as incompetent as he is corrupt and who prostituted his elected office to Phoebe Putney.

Moe 2 years, 4 months ago

Sounds like a Phoebe employee.

debbie44 2 years, 4 months ago

Judge Darrisaw seems to feel that as long as she has the support of certain kinds of people she can and will do just as she pleases. In her, I don't see a person who cares about people. I know judges are expected to be tough, but when someone uses their position unethically and abuse their authority, people can expect to suffer. Some folks my say that she should throw the book at criminals, but the problem is that many people who show up in court aren't criminals. Some are the victims of circumstances. They have already suffered enough. They shouldn't be further abused when they go before the judge. Judge Darrisaw goes as for as to threaten women to get a divorce from their husbands or she won't hear their cases in court. This lady should not be allowed to even sit on a park bench.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 3 months ago

I ain't voting for anybody (Christopher Warren) that works for that ambulance chaser piece of trash Ken Nugent. That tells me everything I need to know about Mr. Warren. I do wholeheartedly agree with your efforts to help the Young Black Mens of Albany GA but you can continue to do that on your free time. That sentiment (which is all you have talked about in two articles) certainly doesn't qualify you for the job.

In this case it seems to be the worser of two evils.