Bush endorses Williams-Brown

Dougherty County School Board Chairman James Bush, right, formally endorses Anita Williams-Brown, left,  the incumbent in her race for the BOE’s at-large seat against political newcomer Lane Price.

Dougherty County School Board Chairman James Bush, right, formally endorses Anita Williams-Brown, left, the incumbent in her race for the BOE’s at-large seat against political newcomer Lane Price.

ALBANY — Dougherty County School Board Chairman James Bush on Thursday endorsed incumbent Anita Williams-Brown in the race to retain her at-large board seat against challenger Lane Price.

“I am here to give my unequivocal support for Dr. Brown,” Bush said. “I have not publicly endorsed a candidate in a long, long time. But I feel Dr. Brown is the best qualified candidate for the position. She is the better candidate.”

Williams-Brown, was happy to have recived Bush’s endorsement.

“I am grateful to Rev. Bush for choosing to support me,” she said. “I’d like to thank him for his endorsement.”

Williams-Brown and Price face off in Tuesday’s Democratic primary.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 4 months ago

Rev. vs Rev. Stinks to High Heaven.

I just sent in my check to Sarasota U. My Doctor Certificate should arrive next week! And because I ordered today....I will get a Two 'Fer One!! A Double Doctor am I!! Just as soon as it get here.

waltspecht 2 years, 4 months ago

The James Bush that served in Vietnam, and was at the Vo-tech occasionally, certainly has either changed, or come out of the closet. Or he was one heck of a puit on in those days

rightasrain 2 years, 4 months ago

Bush just doesn't like the idea of the great potentiality of a white replacing Brown on the School Board; deys gotta keep it in de family, no use in lettin someone on the board who not only has sense but also common sense.

VietVet1 2 years, 4 months ago

"But I feel Dr. Brown is the best qualified candidate for the position." LOL and with a straight face? And #34? Only in Albany

billybob 2 years, 4 months ago

Does no reporter covering these things ever ask a question?! The logical question when he says he believes she is the better choice would be "Why do you feel that way?" or "What specifically do you think makes Dr. Brown a better choice than Dr. Price?"

MRKIA 2 years, 4 months ago

THIS MAN ENDORSES BROWN FOR TWO REASONS ONLY: SO THAT NO ONE WHITE CAN REPLACE HER, AND IF SHE'S REELECTED HE WILL OWN HER. HE WILL HAVE TWO VOTES AUTOMATICALLY.

Progressive 2 years, 4 months ago

With his endorsement, that should drive people to vote for Price. His opinion is just a rubber stamp for Williams in an attempt to continue their corrupt decision making. Time for major changes at the top! A message must be sent that their corruption will not be tolerated.

erock 2 years, 4 months ago

Albany is awash in Atlanta and Chicago style politics. Neither have the publics best interest in mind. Only for their own selfish gain and will bust hell wide open before they even consider giving a legitimate white, thats right I said white, candidate a fair shake. I dare you to try to prove me wrong. A white city attorney who plays for both teams making a monkey out of all of you.

USTPC 2 years, 4 months ago

Bush endorsed Anita Williams-Brown? Why that makes all the difference on who I am voting for. Oh wait.....no it doesn't, I am still voting for Price.