Squawk of the day - June 2, 2012

"If you make commercials for your own business, please do not dance around acting stupid and scream and holler, because I will not buy your product."

Comments

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 10 months ago

Nor will I buy your product if your children or grandchildren are in the commercials--

whattheheck 1 year, 10 months ago

How about little fluffy dogs and other animals? Unless of course its the "trunk monkey" of years ago. :)

bubbavet 1 year, 10 months ago

Get real. If Walmart had the same ads you would still buy from them. Same item cheaper price. Double Duh!!

waltspecht 1 year, 10 months ago

Look, it's a matter of what their particular clientel have responded to in the past. Sure they would like you as a Customer, but they also like to go with things that have worked in the past. Plus it is cheaper to use your own resources than hiring professional actors. The Knight's Appliance Commercials have always seemed stupid, but I remember them. Plus it is nice to see the guys College education get put to good use. Just what College did he go to anyway? Oh Ya, that one. No wonder he does those commercials like he does. His Uncle (God Rest His Soul) here in Dawson told me once, "Say what you want, he sells stuff".

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

Completely agree with this squawk and expecially about bringing in the kids and pets (for the sympathy hook). Just tell us what your service is and oh by the way, the best way to advertise is to do an excellent job providing a quality Good or Service. Then I"LL BE ADVERTISING FOR YOU via word of mouth.

And Phoebe Putney, please save your money and quit sending me glossy crap in the mail and advertising on TV because you have a monopoly already.

DaTroof 1 year, 10 months ago

There is a business open to advertise in Albany other than government funded businesses such as grocery store for the food stamp mafia?

Somebody 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm sorry, I agree about people acting silly on commercials. The stupidest commercials I've seen are the Direct TV & Dish network commercials. For that reason alone I will not subscribe to their product, I can't take a company serious when they put out stupid commercials. Liker Sister said, just give us the details and cut out the stupid B.S. Although I thought I would disagree about boycotting businesses that have kids in their commercials. I don't think that is a legitimate reason, but with that being said I take exception to that hair grooming commercial that has the little boy with the gotee and the energy driink where they have the tottler doing backflips and jamming on the guitar, I think that is a bit too extravagant.

Somebody 1 year, 10 months ago

I will go on to say I don't think it is fair to say you will not vote for anybody that calls your house soliciting your vote. Annoying as it may be, but you need to vote for the best person for the job.

Clif 1 year, 10 months ago

If a democrat candidate, local, state, or national, knocks on my door asking for my vote, he/she will be ushered off my property with a stern warning not to be so foolish in the future. A former mayor and a presently sitting city commissioner can verify this. If they call my phone, they will get the same stern warning and asked to delete my number from their contacts. There's NO democrat who deserves my vote. I don't live on the democrat slave plantation.

VSU 1 year, 10 months ago

Right on, don't want no democrat calling me or knocking on my door. Although I wouldn't mind the opportunity to tell them how they are ruining our country.