Man hit by bullet after shots fired Wednesday morning

A bullet hit 26-year-old Marquez Young in the left leg above the ankle at about 1:50 a.m. Wednesday, stated an Albany Police Department report. Officers interviewed Young in the Phoebe Putney Hospital Emergency Center.

Young was walking on the 200 block of Whitehead Drive when a black man driving a dark Ford Mustang pulled up alongside him. The driver started a fight, police said. Young fought his way free and ran. The driver pulled a handgun and shot at Young about five times hitting him once in the leg, the report added. No information on his condition was available.

Comments

bigbob 2 years, 1 month ago

And the dumb a$$ budget commitee thimks you should cut the DOCO police in half. I really believe DOCO has the dumbest leaders anywhere. Maybe they could go to the gun show this weekend & hand out free guns & drug samples. What an embarrasment they are.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

The Democrats still mislead us to believe the economy is getting better and AOK, yet you still hear of job cuts, businesses closing etc. Yes, cutting the police force is a sure sign that things are getting better. Not!

VietVet1 2 years, 1 month ago

I guess walking at 1:50 am he was head to/from work. LOL I'm sure his (taxpayer) insurance paid for his services!!!

Cartman 2 years, 1 month ago

Here's a Public Service Announcement: Don't be walking around Albany at 1:50am. Nothing good happens after midnight. Go home and go to bed.

KaosinAlbany 2 years, 1 month ago

I'm sure there is more to this story. Sounds fishy to me.

rorschach 2 years, 1 month ago

I wondered why the writer didn't title the article "man shot in leg", but then I scrolled down to (more like this story). I guess that title is pretty much worn out.