As of Friday, June 8, 2012
© Copyright 2015
No injuries were reported from a kitchen fire in Apartment 4 at 2507 Redwood Court at 4:15 p.m. Thursday. Smokey, yes that is his name, was carried out of apartment 3 where heavy smoke from the unattended cooking fire accumulated. The apartments were two of four in the building that sustained the most damage, according to Albany Fire Department officials. The man in the purple shirt declined to give his name. He did say that a tan chihuahua-looking dog named Dakota was also found uninjured in the apartment. The fire was extinquished quickly while Albany Police Department officers handled traffic control.
Albany Fire Department firefighters are finishing up their response to an apartment fire caused by unattended cooking at 2507 Redwood Court off of Stuart Avenue. The fire started about 3:15 p.m. In the four-apartment building, Apartment 4 had damage to its kitchen, Apartment 3 had heavy smoke in it, and a cat and dog were rescued from the smoke. The dog's name, which looked like a tan Chihuaha mix, was Dakota. The solid-gray cat's name was Smokey. No injuries were reported and the Albany Police Department is handling traffic control.