Squawk of the Day - June 9, 2012

"I bet if opponents of gay marriage worked as hard and put as much energy into supporting and affirming all marriages rather than spewing hate against gays, we would be a better society."

Comments

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 3 months ago

Wrong. You lose your bet. "Spewing hate" is what you do. What we (opponents of gay marriage) do is love people so much that we tell the truth. We're spewing love.

FryarTuk 2 years, 3 months ago

Sister_, I remind you "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. "

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 3 months ago

I do not hate gay people--I just disagree with their lifestyle. But, in this day of political correctness (which I hate), if I disagree with anything or anyone, I hate them, am a racist, am a bigot, etc.

bigbob 2 years, 3 months ago

This is the total truth. Gays, muslums, illegals all have more rights than the people who founded this country. We just want to be treated equal again as christians.

chinaberry25 2 years, 3 months ago

The gay haters are just quoting the Bible. I do not hate gays, but I do believe the Bible and it states about man laying with man as being a sin. As far as marriage goes, I also believe that it is wrong. So does the majority of the USA and probably the world. But I do agree that if marriage is out, then they should have some form of commitment where they can be their next of kin and be buried together. File taxes, etc. There is a happy medium for both's best interest. Especially if there are children involved.

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 3 months ago

I have several gay friends and support them being together. What I don't support is the extension of benefits as though they were spouses if they were to be married. I still believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. I'm still conflicted in how I feel about the subject.

alleebrin 2 years, 3 months ago

Right on! I don't know any christian or otherwise who is qualified to tell another person how to live their life - they just think they are qualified! lol

Clif 2 years, 3 months ago

If fairy's don't reproduce, why is there so many more now than there used to be? I couldn't care less about their "marriages." They can call it anything they want, but facts don't change. Fact is same sexes can't marry, no matter who santions it. True marriage requires a male & a female.

rock 2 years, 3 months ago

In the millions of human existence the has been recorded evidence of homosexuality. There is equal evidence of homosexuals being burned at the stake, stoned,hung, dismememberd and shunned. Whether you believe in the Holy Bible, the Koran, the Torah etc, homosexuality has been deemed immoral in the laws of the God. Men and women were created different for reasons that God knew. Men are naturally agressive, women are meant to be the nurturing roles in the family. Children need to learn from Father and Mother and not two dads or two moms. I too, have homosexual friends, but they know I do not condone thier lifestyle and do not want to see two men making out or any sexual activity. It baffles me as to why any man will want and need to have his rectum violated and in return do the same to his partner. Somethings are abhorrant and why we ALL have to be subjected to this kind of behavoir is questionable. I know women get raped, but I do not want to watch it happen, I realize murders are comitted but I do not wish to witness it as well. WHY do we has a whole have to be expected to openly support the homosexual lifestyle? This country is going to self destruct not only by forgetting our christain roots and faith, then passing laws that only make sense to few, but by making the immoral, moral, to please the few.

J.D._Sumner 2 years, 3 months ago

Fourth amendment says the government can't deprive civil rights to anyone without due process. To each their own on the religious end, but when it comes to civil unions, government shouldnt interfere with anyone.

Clif 2 years, 3 months ago

Different strokes for DIFFERENT from normal folks. But for me, I prefer women. I don't know any men whom I would characterize as sexy.

revolutionnow 2 years, 3 months ago

Websters dictionary defines marriage as : the institution under which a man and a woman become legally united on a permanent basis. They have already changed the definition of the word "gay" , now they are working on marriage. Yes , they should have the same rights by law, but call it a civil union or something else. Don't call it marriage. Liberty does not mean I can do what ever I want whenever I want. " But beware , lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak". The majority af families in this country don't want to see the gay lifestyle portrayed as normal. It's not hatred to want your own liberty not violated by someone elses. Another example is when someone parks next to you and leaves their music playing loudly with sometimes offensive lyrics, while they shop. They have a right to do what they like, but don't force it on everyone!

Hoodie 2 years, 3 months ago

Jesus had two dads and he turned out just fine!

rock 2 years, 3 months ago

Jesus was raised by a Mother and Father, suffered under pontius pilat, was crucified, died, and was buried, he arose again and sits at the right of the FATHER almighty. Read scripture!

Hoodie 2 years, 3 months ago

My father works collections I'm not sure about yours......