Squawk of the day - June 21, 2012

"I figured out what the 'DW' means on all these SUVs driven by women — Driving Wild."

Comments

daisymae 1 year, 10 months ago

I whole-heartily agree with you. Those women will run over you for a parking space...Oh by the way I am a woman. I dang near got run over at the bank because one of them thought someone else was going to get in the drive thru line ahead of the "DW" SUV.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 9 months ago

This is a really cute Squawk of the Day. I chuckled when I read it, however I am too busy getting from point A to point B when I am driving, so I haven't noticed how wild the people in the "DW" SUV's drive... I will have to take notice from now on.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

I thought it stood for "Dumb Woman"...I have also had run ins with the DW SUVs. It is frightening to watch.

chinaberry25 1 year, 9 months ago

DW cannot hold a candle to those HUGE trucks that you ought to have a Class 5 license to drive. If a DW will get the cell phone off their ear that they have the men beat.

VietVet1 1 year, 9 months ago

I prefer the SD (Safe Drivers) - - you know, the ones that drive in the left lane while texting or talking on the phone - - after all, they have a clear view of traffic ahead of them.

Outtahere 1 year, 9 months ago

This one is cute! I hope I don't fit into that category! But then again, I don't drive an SUV.

ontario1966 1 year, 9 months ago

I love this post! And I agree totally, just wish the police will enforce the text and talking on the phone? And the left lane on the bypass and they are doing 45 MPH? I do have a Ranchand on my truck, I really don't mind helping them to get out of the way if it was legal? But since it's not? Can the police please help?

Somebody 1 year, 9 months ago

We could use some humourous squawks, but in all reality, I have seen crazy drivers in all type model cars. To say an SUV is the fault of crazy driving is like saying the gun is at fault for shooting people, but cute squawk.

LuLu 1 year, 9 months ago

The squawker isn't faulting the SUV's -- he's taking a jab at the drivers with the DW stickers -- the Deerfield Windsor self-important "entitled" drivers.

agonized 1 year, 9 months ago

Unfortunately, these days, it seems like no matter what type of vehicle and/or bumper sticker, the driver acts as if he/she is the only person on the road!

bubbavet 1 year, 9 months ago

My! My, aren't we jelalous. All DW's are not as you label them. Say that to a Dr. when he starts to operate on you.

LuLu 1 year, 9 months ago

You couldn't be further off the mark! I was a Deerfield Knight, myself, for nine years. Yes, I'm one of "them". Anyway, though, I was only clarifying for the commenters what I'm almost positive the squawker was implying. I don't believe anyone knew what he meant by the "DW" sticker.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

cant afford to go to a doctor--no insurance and don't have cash for up front payment....

daisymae 1 year, 9 months ago

And God forbid you get behind one of those vehicles with a Sumter County tag; in the morning they will run over you trying to get to Albany but come 4:30 in the afternoon they head north like a snail in the left lane, with the phone jammed in the their left ear so they can prop on the door handle and never break 45 mph.

waltspecht 1 year, 9 months ago

Well, who in their right mind would be in a hurry to get back to Sumter County?

LuLu 1 year, 9 months ago

It depends on where in Sumter county that person lives.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

I would think they would want to get out of Albany as quick as the could.

jglass 1 year, 9 months ago

I am enjoying the squawk and the comments today!!!! You guys can really be funny!!!

agirl_25 1 year, 9 months ago

Oh lordy I am slow...or behind the times on status symbols of Albany...guess it pays to stay in the country....so DW means something in Albany huh? Deerfield-Windsor is big news huh?... and it is a good or bad thing to live in Sumter County? This, by the way, is a funny squawk and is giving me some laughs. I do drive a SUV (shame on me I guess)..but no stickers, only a disabled tag. Sorry to disappoint you, and I am seldom on the Albany highways, only on the bypass that leads to the MCLB now that I have left the area.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

DW could also stand for Devil Woman. Drunk Woman, Dirty Woman, Dangerous Woman, Devious Woman, Delirious Woman, Just as long as a Dead Woman ain't driving that car...Okay I'll stop.

Tberry 1 year, 9 months ago

Somebody should do somthing about these old women driving little sportscars. There's one that drives a porsche with a dougherty tag that nearly killed me cutting me off the other day and driving fast. Don't know what they are trying to prove but she is going to hurt somebody. Next time I see her I am going to get her tag number and report her.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

Yeah, she could be advertising that she is available.

outsidelookinin 1 year, 9 months ago

Funny no one mentioned anything about 1985 Oldsmobiles with low profile tires and rims that cost more than the car with a cheap radio so loud the windshield is about to rattle out, but then again I don't guess anybody wants to stereotype on here.