Squawk of the Day - June 23, 2012

The price of gas around Warner Robins and Macon is only $3.05 and $3.06 a gallon. Shame on you. If gas stations there can sell it at that price, then so can gas retailers here.

Comments

chinaberry25 2 years, 2 months ago

Greed. Randolph County has $3.29/gal two days ago. I went to a station and they had upped it 3 times that morning and the price of oil was dropping at that very time. Oh! that will take affect next week. So you are saying, next week if it drops, 3 times today it changes if it goes up. Their excuse, we are having a gas war. All gas wars I have ever seen, the price goes down, not up.

tocar 2 years, 2 months ago

People here do not want to give anyone a break. This is a totally different world in south Georgia so they think.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 2 months ago

These innocent teachers can buy gas now. This is a who do you believe Question, the Investigators are the teachers.

APS reinstates a dozen teachers caught up in cheating scandal

Help our gas prices and civil liabilty prices.

Terry.Lewis 2 years, 2 months ago

You are consistent. I will give you that ...

coachjohnson42 2 years, 2 months ago

Hey Terry, what are you going to do if some of those teachers are found innocent?

gotanyfacts 2 years, 2 months ago

Coach... What do you think? He will report that "some teachers are cleared of cheating charges", or something to that effect! That's what he does, report the facts. Do you have another suggestion? ;)

VSU 2 years, 2 months ago

What a stupid question coach, but then again what else would you expect from a stupid person.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 2 months ago

Consistently moronic. In the olden days people like that were locked away in asylums for their own safekeeping so that they could not hurt self or others.

ontario1966 2 years, 2 months ago

Bubbavet, the comment was about Gas and you take it to teachers? Please shut up! You got up to early and I think you forgot your morning coffee?

MRKIA 2 years, 2 months ago

HE DRINKS COFFEE TO COME UP WITH THESE IDIOTIC COMMENTS. HE REPRESENTS THE LUNATIC FRINGE.

daisymae 2 years, 2 months ago

They have to pay taxes on their gas, so says Mr. Darsey. Duh, so do the providers of gasoline in Macon and Warner Robins, Bainbridge and Donaldsonville are cheaper than Albany as well. We are stuck because these "christian" people have to pay taxes on their gas.

waltspecht 2 years, 2 months ago

Basically it is the law of supply and demand. Colorado has had, and continues to have some of the lowest gas prices in the USA. Why? because there is less of a demand for it. So to increase volume in sales, and thereby increase profit, the dealers have lower prices. Why don't you just cut back 2 gallons per week. If everyone does that, maybe the dealers will take note. Remember in many cases the gas price is suplimental to the sales at the convienance store. Make the system work for the Consumer, and you just might be a little happier with your lot in life. Their job is to run the business as successfully as they can to amke the largest profit they can. Your job is to make sure they don't get it all from you. An educated consumer is what should make supply and demand work. Not some one that won't help themselves, and just complains.

willie 2 years, 2 months ago

You guy's want lower prices, ride a bus, a bike, walk, yes walk it will not kill you or me, not only could this help in lowering the price of gas it may help us with health issues as well.

erudite 2 years, 2 months ago

So where all all of the "thank you's" due President Obama for the gas prices coming down? Most here blamed him for the gas price increase!!! If it is his fault they went up, it is his fault they came down!!

And before you type that they decreased because of X, Y, and Z, and not Obama, you have to admit that it was X, Y, and Z that increased them and not Obama.

gotanyfacts 2 years, 2 months ago

I believe most of the posts were pointing out that the media, which had made every effort to hang high gas prices around Bush's neck, seems to make every effort to insulate Obama from them. It is true that a President can do little in the short run to influence oil and gas prices. However, his policies can influence longterm energy issues.

VSU 2 years, 2 months ago

I am sick of people talking about people blaming Obama for gas prices. People did the same thing when Bush was president. Neither had anything to do with it, but if people can blame Bush, then people can blame Obama. It's a get even tactic.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't have to pay for gas, I have the best job in the world and the most amazing boss that provides gas cards for his devoted employees!

agirl_25 2 years, 2 months ago

Since I moved out of the area to the quiet of the country and am closer to Dothan than to Albany now, as far as going to the "BIG CITY" goes, I have been buying my gas in Dothan and it is always $3.03 or $3.06 a gallon there. I don't understand why it is so high in Albany, unless as someone said, it is nothing more than GREED. Someone did mention once that is had something to do with taxes, but I don't know if they meant federal or additional state. I am slowly moving all my business to Dothan. It is a nice town and so far doesn't seem to have the problems Albany has. I know I said weeks ago I was not going to comment on Albany's political and DCCS problems anymore and I won't...... And, btw, Shinedownfan..........sounds like you have a topnotch employer...I had one like that once years ago....he gave me a gas allowence.....I drove to Albany twice a week and interviewed potential clients for him and he paid for my gas.....worked out well for me.

stc1993 2 years, 2 months ago

If you think gas is high in Albany, go to Bainbridge I go through there about once a month & it always 10 to 15 cents higher than Albany.