Squawk of the Day - June 28, 2012

Young people, please think twice before you get a bunch of tattoos. One day you will be seeking employment and nothing makes a worse impression than bunch of tacky looking tats.

Comments

MRKIA 2 years, 3 months ago

AND BLACK FOLKS, PLEASE, YOU CAN'T REALLY SEE YOURS. LADIES NO TATS ON BREASTS, THAT 4X4 TAT WILL ONE DAY BE A 8X12.

willie 2 years, 3 months ago

Shame on you, have you no respect.

darnette0101 2 years, 3 months ago

That was completely stupid! Plenty of black people have beautiful tattoos that can be seen very well.

waltspecht 2 years, 3 months ago

As someone would say,"Says you!". Remember, everything is in the eye of the beholder. Where you or I might find them incorrect, others find them perfectly acceptable.

chinaberry25 2 years, 3 months ago

A hirer came to Robert Cross and this was the first thing they mentioned in seeking employment. Tatoos. I have a niece who is covered in them and she cannot get a job as a nurse. Pretty bad!

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 3 months ago

When I am conducting business, I find these three things EXTREMELY distracting: 1) sagging pants 2) piercings in body parts other than ear lobes; especially in noses, tongues, eye brows and tongues and 3) tattoos. If you have a discreet tattoo on your ankle or behind your ear or on your butt, fine. But if you look like you fell into an ink vat, cover them.

bigbob 2 years, 3 months ago

In Albany thats why they get tatoos so they can't get a job & keep living off system.

rock 2 years, 3 months ago

It is not only here in Albany that teenagers are getting tatoos, but in the country as a whole. The latest statistics show 85% of teens have some form of body art. Bear in mind, that those of us with age, have or will be leaving th workforce and these TEENAGERS will be the higher managers, CEO, COO or owners of future. What is gross in our eyes is socially acceptable in thiers and THEY are the future leaders of the Country. Cut them some slack, most of them are well educated and want a brillant future. A few tattoos or piercings will not change that. I am speaking of the children out side of SOWEGA who have. a chance. They will also be the ones who will choose your nursing home, your medical care, your retirement income base and whether or not we go to war. I have seen a young lady, with purple and orange hair, a lip piercing, and a some really pretty tattoos, earn her Phd and is currently on the Board of Directors for 2 fortune 500 companys.

jglass 2 years, 3 months ago

I used to think having tattoos was the worst thing as far as a first impression. All of that changed when I became the mother-in-law to someone who has several tattoos. He is a wonderful person and a VERY GOOD and HARD WORKER. You have to get to know the person not just look at the ink on their skin. I go to church with several people who also have tattoos, all of them are wonderful people and have good jobs. So, I encourage employers to get to know these prospective employees and not just look at the ink. My pet peeve is fingernails 1 to 5 inches long. How can a server be clean with these? How can a cashier do her job properly with these attached to her fingers? So, I guess we ALL have our pet peeves upon first sight of someone.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 3 months ago

When I was a kid, my uncle, who was in the military and in the korean war, had tattoos. They got uglier the older he got. I swore then I would never get one because 20 or 30 years later, they would look like my uncle's did. I dont care if they have improved the way they do tattoos now... your skin will still get old. Today's teens dont have uncles who were in the korean war and had tattoos, they just see how cool the tattoos are right now. I bet 20 to 30 years from now they will look back and think how young and foolish they were.

VietVet1 2 years, 3 months ago

At least hers is covered. I just don't see myself catering to a business with someone wearing droopy drawers, ring through their nose and multi exposed tat's

Jimboob 2 years, 3 months ago

The young woman that got a rosebud tattoo on her breast that later in life became a longsteamed American Beauty... At least spell them right. You really look dumb with misspelled tattoos.