Squawk of the day - March 12, 2012

"I am disgusted at having to see someone’s boxers. Pull yours pants up. Have some pride."

Comments

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

Civilization, as defined in Some Dictionary, should be as follows: Civilized: Where men pants are uptight and out of sight and belts in loops and hooked. Developing: Where men pants are baggy but tied up with some strings and secure. Neanderthal: Where men pants are somewhat questionable but mostly high and tight. Jungle: Where men just now realize what pants is and don't know that they should fit at waist and a "belt" is for the purpose of holding said pants at waist level, and oh by the way, there is a zipper for that thang to come out so you don't have to snatch pant down to get whatever you see that you want to get and a belt keep you from having to hold your pant up with one hand so you can have two arms and hands to do work so's you don't have to hold pant up with one hand and only have one hand to work with.

Say It Ain't So, Y'all???

But I will say, it hard to "Snatch And Run" at the Mall with pant falling down........ain't it y'all?

CJ_Fan 2 years, 6 months ago

Sister I must respectively disagree.

"hold pant up with one hand and only have one hand to work with."

Seriously when have you ever known of a slow moving pants dragging dude WORK. The low pants is to advertise they sold their azz to the government for a monthly check and the ones not getting a check are advertising they are getting themselves prepared to sell themselves for that monthly check. They must debase themselves in public in order to prove they have no self-esteem and that they will mindlessly follow their Leader in Chief (who sends them checks each month). Once the pants start down so does their self-worth, morals and integrity and is proof to the world they have sold themselves into mindless slavery to do as their masters directs them. However should one ever decide he wants to be more than a step and fetch boy and wants to better himself, his pants immediately come up and he begins to earn a paycheck and his self-respect back and realizes he is now FREE to vote as his heart leads him and not some party talking head.

tocar 2 years, 6 months ago

I agree with Sister Ruby too. There is not anything more degrading than watching one walk with one hand in his pocket holding his pants up and have only one hand to work with. These are the ones with no self-worth, morales or integrity. A gorilla has more values than these sleezey individuals. All males have a swinging body part and it is not necessary to advertise. You need to grow up and present yourself in a way that you do have self-worth.

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

Yes there are things more degrading. Try a woman with little to no clothes on or attire that does not fit. It goes both ways!!!

joelhd 2 years, 6 months ago

It's real simple , when you see one of those stupid sideways walking underwear , butt cheek showing call the PO PO, no wait a minute ...that won't work.Most of APD 's kid are who we are talking about . Get it BRO?

Clif 2 years, 6 months ago

PLEASE!! These mindless robots are the voting base of Sanford & Barak. They will find a way to keep their jeans up while they enter a voting booth several times in November. The only work they will ever do is vote and the only day they will ever work is on election day.

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 6 months ago

I went to a restaurant a couple of weeks of ago and saw a waiter dressed in baggy pants. Left a note on the table voicing my objections to management and left. I cannot believe that a PROFESSIONAL dress code includes these clothes...

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

Also, I had a waitress at Applebee's that was dressed in EXTREMELY tight, lowrise jeans and an equally tight top. Now that is very unprofessional. I left my complaint on a comment card!

bubbasmithredneck 2 years, 6 months ago

One of the most disgusting trends of our times....

chinaberry25 2 years, 6 months ago

What they have not figured out is the baggy pants and unemployment goes hand in hand. No employer will ever hire you, so you are stuck. Also, the gait you use when you walk will most certainly cause poor movement in the plevic area, so surgery in the future. Yes, it is gross, but as long as the ladies think they are 'cute' they will wear them. It is in the hands of the females. Refuse to go with one and it is over.

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

The stupid looking and sounding names the mamas give their children don't help their situation, either. If you can't find it on a coffee mug at Six Flags, or if it sounds stupid with "Doctor" in front of it, then you're doing nothing but hurting your child for their entire life!

Susan123 2 years, 6 months ago

that is the most idiotic thing I've heard. Just because it can't be found on a coffee mug at Six Flags does not mean anything! Try finding 'Allean' on one...and that happens to be a very old-fashioned and proper name! They only choose the most common names to put on those pre-made generic mugs, and I personally don't think any name sounds stupid with "Doctor" in front of it, When I see "Doctor Whatever" I think 'this person is a professional in their field and they didn't let the name that their parents gave them stop them from being something great.' Just because it might sound stupid to you doesn't mean it does to them, and it might be something very symbolic to their personal lives such as a name of an ancestor that they want to cherish and remember.

People amaze me sometimes!

Susan123 2 years, 6 months ago

Oh I understand sarcasm. I happen to be an expert in that field. Your comment didn't have an ounce of sarcasm in it, especially since you stated it twice and defended it in a comment below. You are only trying to pass it off as sarcasm now because you realize that it was absolutely stupid of you to make a comment like that.

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

Well, you're wrong. I don't think what I said was stupid at all. I meant every word. How can you profess to know what's in my mind?

VSU 2 years, 6 months ago

To me Dr.Murfree sounds stupid, and I sure as h3ll don't think of him as a professional.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

Well what about "Dr. Murfree"...you might immediately think what you said but then you hear him speak or read about his ideas. Then you get a reality check.

Susan123 2 years, 6 months ago

VSU & Sister_Ruby: You aren't judging the guy based solely on his name. But that is exactly what LuLu has stated that they do. Instead, your judgement of him is due to his actions, and that's perfectly acceptable.

chinaberry25 2 years, 6 months ago

There is a black man who wrote a book recently and I saw him on the Today Show. He states that you can name your child an unusual name and you will scare him for life and hurt his chances for a good job. Most employees do not want to have to learn how to pronounce a name. Most applications make file 13 and move on to the next. Racial profiling is what it is called.

VietVet1 2 years, 6 months ago

Um - someone told me that's a sign that when sent to jail they want to be the *itch. Or has maybe has been.... just saying

waltspecht 2 years, 6 months ago

Early on it was the Zoot Suiters. When I was in High School we had a days strike to be allowed to wear Chinos with our white shirts and ties. Got us all a weeks detention was all we accomplished. We weren't dumb enough to ask for dungarees. For Four Years it was dress pants, white shirt and a Windsor tied tie. Black or dark blue socks and polished black leather shoes. I remember how bad all the Elders thought we were, and that was New York City. So now it is the baggy pants. Just wait, I haven't seem a Zoot suit in years.

darnette0101 2 years, 6 months ago

@Lulu...what does a person's name have to do with anything? While I reared my son to keep his pants up and wear a belt that doesn't mean that everyone who wears saggy pants are up to no good and jobless. Just the other day I saw a young man coming from work wearing saggy pants. Why? He was stick thin and had no rear-end nor defined waist line. He would probably sag wearing skinny jeans he was so thin. And yes, he had on a belt.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

Well....he was in the minority of the minority. Know what I mean?

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

What does it have to do with anything? I answered that in my comment, but I'll say it again and be more to the point. In reply to chinaberry's comment about saggy pants and unemployment going hand-in-hand , I stated that stupid names also affect their chances of employment. As someone who's been in on the hiring process and looked at hundreds of job applications and resumes, I can assure you without doubt that people in position to hire LOL at the stupid and very UNprofessional-sounding names, and then most times toss them aside without so much as a look. Whatever happened to normal names? Why do mothers saddle their babies with names that will hold them back for their entire lives?

Susan123 2 years, 6 months ago

So are you saying that you refused to look at and interview an applicant strictly based on the name that was given to them (not a name they had chosen!) without even checking their qualifications and experiences?? I'm pretty sure that falls into the discrimination category.

And what company do (or did) you work for???

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

Like I would tell you! But that just goes to show you that the stupid names are a detriment, and one that I, personally, liken to child abuse! These mothers paint a big old target on their children with these names. Why? Why, why, WHY??

And BTW, the name "Alleen" hardly fits into the category of names I was referring to, and I'm pretty sure you knew that.

Susan123 2 years, 6 months ago

It's AlleAn!!

To my mother: "Why would you want to ruin my life and career?? How dare you name me after your great grandmother!! Why would you not go to Six Flags and check the mugs first??!! And now LuLu wont hire me or even look at my application even though I am a college graduate and am more qualified than that Jessica person! But my name is not on a pre-made coffee cup at Six Flags so now I must wear baggy pants...I can't believe you would abuse me like that!!!"

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

Oh, good gravy....As I said before, and must say again it seems... The name Allean (Please accept my apologies! That was a typo!! It just so happens that I have an aunt named Alleen and it was an honest mistake.) is NOT one of the names I was referring to and I really feel like you know what names I'm referring to but for some reason have decided to make this into something it's not! I was NOT referring to good old-fashoned names, as I will say again, but the crazy names that some mothers seem to make up just to see how outlandish and unspellable and unpronounceable they can be.

VSU 2 years, 6 months ago

I wonder if those children can even spell or pronounce their names?

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 6 months ago

In a word............NO. But when they try, it doesn't even sound like it's spelled. When the teacher calls the roll on the first day of class....and makes an attempt to say the name using standard phonetic principles.....the kids just laugh. That's why errrbodddy got a street name. Like "C J" or "Clownie"

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

Yes, exactly what Susan said! Who do you work for? Maybe you shouldn't say now because of what you have admitted. See people, there are still prejudice people in a position to hire.

ObjectiveEyes 2 years, 6 months ago

I'm with you LuLu. Resumes that come acroos my desk with, Lemonjello, Orangejello, Khiry Deangelo, Xzavia Leshaun, Shaundranika Deashantie, Zequarium Monquarius, Tanzineeka, Quantavious, T'Liscia, etc go directly to "File 13." The point is these mothers try to be cute with their names, but, in the end it shackles the child for the rest of their lives.

albanyherald1 2 years, 6 months ago

And just so the above posts don't get accused of racism, I thought I'd throw out a few more "resume busters" from some famous celebrities....Apple, Pilot, Blanket, CoCo, Ocean, Sage Moonblood and Tu Morrow. Give me a break, parents. It may be cute when they're young, but I certainly wouldn't feel great going in for a visit with Dr. Sage Moonblood.

VSU 2 years, 6 months ago

I've never seen anybody with dropping pants up to any good. A belt means nothing if it is not tight enough to hold the pants up.

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

And for those who are rear-end and waistline-challenged, might I suggest suspenders? Sorry, but there's just NO excuse.

VSU 2 years, 6 months ago

I remember the days when men wore suits to work and interviews for jobs and dressed professionally. There is nothing professional about sagging pants with holes in them.

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

I can deal with seeing "boxers". What I can't deal with however, is women showing way too much skin. All you are complaining about pants too low, but what about shorts too short and tops to low? I would much rather see a pair of boxers than a woman with a tank top and no bra. Also, a lot of woman and girls wear tights as pants now. When did tights become pants? I guess I'm old fashioned!

Sally_O 2 years, 6 months ago

I hope you are a female, otherwise saying you don't mind seeing guy's boxers sounds kind of gay.

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

Why, yes Sally O, I am female. Just letting everyone know that men are NOT the only ones that need a refresher course in proper attire! There are a many women walking around Albany that offend me!!!

PatrickY2K 2 years, 6 months ago

This is such a tired subject. Will tomorrow's Squawk complain about rap music lyrics? Or maybe that blacks can use the "n" word, and whites cannot?

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

So true and so tired! It still gets em ralled up though! See Miss LuLu admitted to discrimination!!

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

Just telling the truth. Appearances are everything.

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

Umm, no they're not. Appearances are on the surface. Never judge a book by it's cover.

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

Maybe in someone's utopoian view of a "perfect world", but I'm talking about here in Realityville.

Cartman 2 years, 6 months ago

I thought LuLu admitted to not taking job applicants seriously if they had stupid sounding names. You apparently assume more nefarious intent - or are trying to insinuate it. "Stupid sounding names" is not a federally protected class as far as I am aware - nor should they be. Parents should devote a little more thought to name selection. A name is kind of like a tattoo - for most of us, it lasts a lifetime.

Outtahere 2 years, 6 months ago

Not taking applicants seriously and throwing them in the trash once you read their name is not the same thing! I have to agree about the name and tatoo comparison and I also agree that very uncommon sounding names only hinder a childs future. I can not however, agree with judging someone by a name that they did not chose for themselves.

LuLu 2 years, 6 months ago

It's illegal to throw a resume in the trash. I said that I've seen people in position to hire "most times toss them aside", but never throw them in the trash. But when you run a professional office and have a corporate office to answer to that is anal about customer service and outward appearances, YES, you want someone with a normal-sounding name.

chinaberry25 2 years, 6 months ago

Like I stated earlier, if I cannot pronounce the name, trash can they go. And I can pronounce Snoop Dog and in the trash it would go to. I do not have a business, but most would not be qualified for my husbands business. Must have a college degree in a field most rarely go into.

VSU 2 years, 6 months ago

Blacks crying racism is a tired subject as well, but it doesn't stop them from crying it.

bubbasmithredneck 2 years, 6 months ago

whites cry reverse racism too.......

Sally_O 2 years, 6 months ago

But it hasn't been going on as much as blacks crying racism, and plus it's not nearly as often.

SMHgain 2 years, 6 months ago

racism is believing that your race is superior to another, what is reverse racism?

tywebb 2 years, 6 months ago

stupid redneck.....there's no such thing as reverse racism! Either it's racism OR it's NOT!

Sally_O 2 years, 6 months ago

It's obvious that Patrick is one of those bums that wears sagging pants to their knees, I thought there was something dumb looking about him.

Racc 2 years, 6 months ago

I understand the showing of one’s underwear started in prison to let the other prisoners know that they were ready and available for sex!! I mean why else would anyone draw attention to their self in that sort of way Its for the males, who are ready to have gay relationships.

erudite 2 years, 6 months ago

the style comes from jail. Convicts are not allowed to have any they may be able to hang themselves with-belts, shoelaces, neckties. It was also done to prevent convicts from hiding weapons, the idea being that one hand would be holding up the pants, the other hand trying to hide a weapon, leaving no hand free to use said weapon.

Is this something we should regulate though? Pants worn correctly does not guarantee a job, a name does not guarantee a job; there are no jobs for anyone.

Chimmeree 2 years, 6 months ago

I don't know any women who don't like a nice A_ _ on a man. So I challenge all you tail bearers to burn all those baggy saggy pants and replace them with a good fitting pair of jeans that show that you do have a nice A _ _. If you don't take the challenge, you either don't care about your women, or you suffer from noassatall. Or the bigger "tail" "tail" sign, that you really are trying to sexually attract other men.

tocar 2 years, 6 months ago

What is really a sickening thought is to think that many of the saggy pants could be employed in the restaurants. How unsanitary!

alleebrin 2 years, 6 months ago

You can't fix dumb and stupid!!