Squawk of the day - March 15, 2012

"If they keep it up, the Georgia Bulldogs can just use prison stripes for their new uniforms."

Comments

ObjectiveEyes 2 years, 1 month ago

Really? That's the best you can do? Who picks the Squawk of the Day?

Shinedownfan 2 years, 1 month ago

I know, right? I almost bought a paper on the way to work so I could pick out the real squawk of the day since this one sucks.

LuLu 2 years, 1 month ago

Yeah. We want some red meat!

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 1 month ago

The quality of athletes just isn't what it used to be. Now you've got felon millionaires all because they can run and jump. That's why Tebow and Lin are so popular. It's just so refreshing to see players who have heart and respect for their sports.

gradin78 2 years, 1 month ago

Yet Tebow is ridiculed for being honest and compassionate, shame that's the way of the world today.

agirl_25 2 years, 1 month ago

Did you ever wonder how Tebow would have been treated if, after every touchdown, he faced Mecca and praised Allah instead of bowing and thanking his God? I was always curious about how the public adoration would have been. I absolutely think it is wrong to ridicule anyone for their religious beliefs but have always wondered if public sentiment would have been different had Tebow not been Christian.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 1 month ago

As long as he didn't intend to blow up the stadium at half-time......

ObjectiveEyes 2 years, 1 month ago

I'm a Georgia Bulldog, I bleed red and black, therefore, I was not a Tebow fan when he was at UF...probably has something to do with them beating the crap out of us when he was there. He won me over this year as a Denver Bronco. He is a rare breed this day and time...a professional athlete with integrity and convictions and not afraid to worship his God.

Mr_Heatmiser 2 years, 1 month ago

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

• Matthew 6:5

Tebow could use a dose of this. He's not ridiculed because of his faith, he is ridiculed because he tries so hard to make a spectacle of it.

agirl_25 2 years, 1 month ago

I have my answer then, huh? I guess my question should have been, do you think people would have been quick to ridicule him had he faced Mecca and praised Allah...or would the Tebow craze have been started all over again and as you commented, would he have made a spectacle of his faith?

ghostofkarelia 2 years, 1 month ago

He is ridiculed because he's not a good quarterback. That's why the Broncos are gunning hard for Peyton Manning right now.

alleebrin 2 years, 1 month ago

Interesting what people will do to validate themselves. Religion should be left where it belongs - private!

jglass 2 years, 1 month ago

There is nothing wrong with Tebow or with him acknowledging his Lord and Savior. Thank goodness there is one good example for young people to look up to instead of the murderers, thieves, and druggies. Keep it up Tim.

agirl_25 2 years, 1 month ago

I agree.....thank goodness he had the backbone to withstand the joking and ridicule from the late night talk hosts and others.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

We could use more people like him, but into today's world, people like to see the bad guys.