Mediacom changes installation schedules

ALBANY — Mediacom Communications Corp. is implementing a number of “positive enhancements” designed to improve the overall customer experience, Melanie Hannasch, marketing senior manager, said Monday.

According to Hannasch, Medicom has invested “a lot of time” in online and telephone surveys to determine improvements current and prospective clients consider most important. Respondents, according to Hannasch, have told Mediacom they don’t want to spend four hours or more away from work waiting for a technician.

As a move toward customer relations, Mediacom has introduced night and weekend appointments. In addition, for customers with the first appointment of the day or after lunch, Mediacom promises no more than a 30-minute window for the arrival time, said Sue Misiunas, vice president of operations, Georgia region.

“In addition to expanding service hours and shortening appointment windows, we wanted to prove to our customers that we fully stand behind the products and the services we sell, so we have introduced a 90-day money back guarantee to give customers the confidence that choosing Mediacom is the right decision.”

Hannasch said the changes in service and guarantee have been in place since January and have been well received by Mediacom customers.

“This has all gone very well so far,” Hannasch said. “We’ve been following up on customer satisfaction and our scores in Georgia have improved significantly.”

And why had Mediacom, for many years Albany’s cable provider, not moved to offer these services sooner? According to Hannasch, the changes spring from the desk of David McNaughton, vice president of sales and marketing after the “re-privatization” of Mediacom Corp.

“Mediacom was founded and owned by Rocco B. Commisso years ago, but it went public around 2002,” Hannasch said. “Since last May, It’s private again — with the original owner, and that’s when David McNaughton began the survey process to communicate with our customers.”

According to Hannasch, Mediacom’s new 90-day guarantee replaces the previous 30-day promise.

Comments

VSU 2 years, 9 months ago

So a Mediacom technician is going to be installing or repairing cable at night in some of these gang infested neighborhoods? That technician better have a gun tucked away in his tool belt.

bubbavet 2 years, 9 months ago

The only thing mediacom could do positive is go out of business. Thank you Dish TV.

Somebody 2 years, 9 months ago

Say what you want, but I will never get another satellite dish, especially Dish network. I tried it a couple of years ago and it was a ripoff. A lot of the stuff they advertised was no good. I payed extra money to get the sports package and half the games advertised were blacked out. I will never sign a contract again to get a service. A person should be free to disconnect anytime they wish to without paying a huge penalty. Thank you Dish TV my @$$!

ghostofkarelia 2 years, 9 months ago

Yea I used to be pretty pumped about DirecTV but it's gone to crap now. The blackouts aren't a satellite provider issue, though; it's a network issue. The satellite providers don't really have any control over it. Still, it'd be nice if they gave you a break or a heads up before you shell out extra money for the sports package.

VSU 2 years, 9 months ago

Right On! They won't tell you that info because it might scare you off from buying it, but it is the network. They say they black it out if the game is not sold out at the arena. In that case there would not be many games to chose from, not that many arenas get sold out, and besides I am not going to travel across the country to watch a game.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 9 months ago

i love my Direct TV! The price keeps going up and up and I still pay it cause I love it so.

darnette0101 2 years, 9 months ago

I agree with you about Dish! Not only do the channels just blank out at times (not even on cloudy or stormy days), but the bill is not at all consistent. I've been with them for exactly a year now and my bill has changed 4 times. When I called to ask why, no clear response. Also I can't get them to come fix anything without a hefty fee. Can't wait until my second year is up! They can come get their dish and shove it!

Sally_O 2 years, 9 months ago

And Direct Tv & Dish have the dumbest tv commercials. They both need to fire their ad agencies.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 9 months ago

I have yet to see the first political commercial, in years! Love my Direct TV!

Martian 2 years, 9 months ago

I get everything I want - all the Albany, Tallahassee and Columbus stations - with a $300 antenna system and the Internet. Glad I gave up on our cable company a couple of years ago. Wonder why it took so long for Medicom to at least say they're beginning to think of customer satisfaction. I'll believe it when I see it.