Squawk of the Day - March 28, 2012

"The media is going to cause this Trayvon Martin case to become another Rodney King event. The circumstantial evidence they have reported only shows one side to the story, but they don’t care."

Comments

LuLu 2 years ago

You are right, and that's their goal. With every passing day, it becomes more and more evident that the liberal media is 1000% in the tank for the Democrat-Socialist party. The hypocracy is mind-boggling, and is there to see if everyone will just wake up and pay attention. After the WALB news is over at 6:30, please change the channel to FNC and get the TRUTH!

justme 2 years ago

Hey LuLu did you fall out of bed and bang your head this morning ?

agirl_25 2 years ago

Goodness I am slow......but I am tired today, had a lot of business to tend to in the big city......took me a while to figure out what FNC was until you did the math for me..and your LOL did the trick...especially the TRUTH thing...hahaha...thanks.....

erudite 2 years ago

It's not the heat and humidity; it's the hate and stupidity. I am rarely left speechless but LuLu, you are not worth looking for words.

LuLu 2 years ago

As I said, it's plainly there to see IF everyone will just wake up and pay attention. Head-in-sand syndrome is killing us all.

Shinedownfan 2 years ago

Dont listen to erudite, LuLu... he/she is only a erudite in his/her own world, not in "Realville", where we live.

TheMember 2 years ago

It's too late, half the story came out, therefore that brought out the race baiters etc, Jackson, Sharpton and the new Black panthers. WTH? Now the details are coming out about the night and they refuse to accept the other side. Meanwhile, there is blacks killing whites in Mississippi and other places, but they can't find there way to those places to protest. It is a crying shame, if in fact Zimmerman was justified (which I have no idea whether he did or not) he will never, never get a fair trial. I just wish everyone would wait for the facts instead of taking the out of context news reports into consideration.

waltspecht 2 years ago

Why not take the time and let the legal system work. Last I heard there was insufficient evidance presented to warrent an arrest. These are the same laws that protect us all. Conviction by Media makes a fair trial almost impossible. It will be really hard to find a Jury anywhere in the US that hasn't been prejudiced by the Media attention to this shooting. The Liberals see it as a way to back their move that the recent relaxing of Firearm laws and Self Defense laws has created a hostile enviornment, and they must be repealed. So it is being blown out of proportion to what it really is. All for Political gain, and judging from some of the Family's moves, (trademarking his name) possibly financial gain. If you are fair minded, let the system work. There are many cases a lot worse than this that slip through the Judicial System every day, without the hue and cry associated with this one.

ghostofkarelia 2 years ago

Some moron in Texas pretty much hunted down and killed two illegals a few years ago. Was never charged with anything. Zimmerman's gonna be fine. He lives in a state that has a "stand your ground" law. The Godless Satanist Nazi Socialist Communist Non-White Pepsi-Drinking Non-Southern Liberal Media Conspiracy Force will have less of an effect than you think.

go dawgs

gotanyfacts 2 years ago

Can you be more specific about who, when and where? Are those the facts of the case or your spin on what happened? I don't know why we bother with trials! News people can give us the "facts" as they see them, along with friend and family character references, then all interested parties can email in their opinion on innocence or guilt. Egotists will spout that they know what, when, where and how without a shred of evidence.

chinaberry25 2 years ago

It will be on BET or Bounce next week.

Cartman 2 years ago

They don't care about the facts. And are hispanics now "white" if involved in a shooting? I guess the young hoodie shouldn't have doubled back and beaten an armed man. Play stupid games - win stupid prizes. He may be your martyr, but he is not mine. Unfortunately another statistic of the hoodie culture. And now his mother is trying to get exclusive rights on Trayvon's name for marketing purposes. I guess you just can't hide class. It is sad on many different levels.

Somebody 2 years ago

All these people marching with hoodies on makes them look like idiots, here they are protesting because a thug got shot & killed. I believe Zimmerman is innocent, although I felt he was in the wrong for following that thug, but I don't see where there was any motive on his part to shoot and kill that thug in cold blood just because he was walking in that neighborhood, I believe he had a reason to shoot and that reason was to defend himself. Then you have the hypocrits like Jesse Jackson doing what he does best and that is stirring up hate & making it a black/white issue when Zimmerman is hispanic, although his father was white and mother was hispanic. Where were the protesters when Robert Purvis got shot and killed by that black thug at the car wash. Purvis was unarmed. Why wasn't Jesse Jackson in the spotlight yelling STOP THE VIOLENCE when Mr. Phelps got shot and later died? Oh, never mind, they were working people trying to live a good life, they were not street thugs. It's odd a Black can kill a white,hispanic or another black and nothing is thought about it, yet a white or hispanic shoot & kills a thug and there you are, STOP THE VIOLENCE! Notice how the media only printed pictures of him when he looked Young & innocent, but did not post any older pictures that portray him to be dealing with drugs, suspended from school and living a thug life. A hero he is not.

VSU 2 years ago

I believe u are stupid!!

Sally_O 2 years ago

What's the matter coach, can't handle the truth?

VSU 2 years ago

Oh Oh! Another movie idea in the makings. I am sure the Hollywood writers are already working on this. Is it any wonder the thug group is supporting this? Let's repeal the right to defend yourself law so it will make it easier on us who rob and break into people's houses for a living. Of course Brotha JJ is there so he can get his share of the hand outs.

chinaberry25 2 years ago

The last I heard was a witness, who is black saw it happen. Tryvon came and attacked from the back as Zimmerman was getting back in his car. He slammed Z's head and broke his nose. Then a shuffle ensued and Zimmerman shot him. Mind you Tryvon was suspended for the third time and the last was drugs in schools. And his mother gets on TV not wanting her son slammed. TV does not have to do it, he was on his way doing it on his own. If there is any truth to what happened nothing will happen.

agirl_25 2 years ago

To be perfectly honest, I didn't and don't follow the case that much. Last year, I believe, in Blakely in the area of the city cemetary a young black male was killed by his peers and if memory serves me, was left in the street to die. (I have a friend who lived there and told me.) It never made the national news. There were no rallies held, Jesse and Al didn't come down and march, they didn't have CNN or MSN down to declare the murderers be brought to justice. It sort of faded away. One becomes, after a while, immune to this sort of thing...sorry to sound so cold but if you check the MSN and CNN pages when your browsers opens you will find story after story similar to this one.....couple charged with killing Vermont teacher because they wanted to "get a girl"; US teen guilty of murdering two British tourists; 2nd lawyer in Vegas homeowner's association scandal found dead;..and on and on it goes...... It seems to me the news media picks up on one story and sensationalizes it and as soon as something bigger and better comes along they will drop Trayvon like yesterday's stale baked goods. I am sorry the child is dead, for it must be horrible to lose a child...I cannot imagine the pain one must go thru on being told they have lost something as precious as a child.......an extension of themselves. I do believe tho, that the news media runs something like this into the ground and I think people like Sharpton and Jackson who have nothing better to do (well Jackson does.....the good REVERAND should be taking care of the child he had with the woman he was not married to that he, the good REVERAND broke a commandment with) and keeping his nose out of it and old Albert should recall the fiasco with Brawley when he stuck his nose in where he did not belong and made a bigger fool of himself than he already was/is. Hopefully the Supreme Court will rule on the Health Care quickly and the discussion and analysis will change.

bubbasmithredneck 2 years ago

no difference in the way the media tried those teachers in a media court of opinion without all the facts here in Albany......that what coach was trying tell you guys.....

DOUBLE STANDARD NOW right????

Sally_O 2 years ago

No that was what you was trying to tell them, ain't that right Coach?

bubbasmithredneck 2 years ago

Why do you call me Coach? Even though I am a fan.....

TrixibelleBento 2 years ago

Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? He's already been charged and convicted by people who weren't there. Think about how Zimmerman feels...whether or not you believe in his innocence, he's not going to be able to come out of hiding for a year. Forget getting a decent job, forget his future. Yes, I realize that Trayvon will not have a future either--it's a shame what happened. But let's hear the FACTS first before we start jumping to conclusions.

Jackson and Sharpton should feel ashamed of themselves...they certainly don't get involved if it's black on black violence or if a black murders a different race. It's so skewed, it's ridiculous!

Maybe Zimmerman can move in with Casey Anthony.

agirl_25 2 years ago

And now I open my browser and see that the racist little worm of a director, Spike Lee, is trying to incite racial unrest by tweeting garbage. He has tweeted the address of innocent people and then saying "oops, wrong address" and having the poor folks whose address he accidentally got wrong (and meant for it to be the Zimmerman's address), so that people could harrass them (nice touch huh) have to run scared to a hotel. What a little racist piece of scum to try to start racial unrest....why? so he can use it in his next movie? Oh yeah he apologized..you might say..... but he shouldn't have been trying to incite mob justice in the first place.

TrixibelleBento 2 years ago

If Spike were a decent human being, he would pay for that couple's expenses while they've had to escape to a hotel since he put that incorrect information in his tweet.

SPIKE, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS.