0

Squawk of the Day, March 30, 2012

"Obama’s parents are black and white, and the press calls him black. Zimmerman’s parents are white and Hispanic and the press calls him half-white. Why?"

For more squawks, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald.

To submit a squawk, Click here.

Comments

Amazed2 2 years ago

That is just the way it works. Called selective race coding. If OBAMA was maketing as part white guy he would loose some certain number of votes if he ran against a 100% black guy. So the Dems know and OBAMA knows to claim and market the black heritage 1/2 of himself. As far as the hispanic guy with the last name of Zimmerman the news and the black community just don't want to recognize that he is basically a Hispanic and is also by all current standard set by american society a Minority. The people that want to take him down want to get all they can out of the news media to work this situation as much to the minority favor again by considering him a NON Miniority. I think it is a terrible waste that the boy died in this incident and without knowing all the facts that some people do not want to get out I think Zimmerman the Hispanic Minority is due for the Due Process of the legal system just as anyone else. Not a time for Lynch Mobs.

0

bubbasmithredneck 2 years ago

Your last two sentences makes sense......

0

Sally_O 2 years ago

Typical response from coach.

0

Shinedownfan 2 years ago

Sally_O, I think da corch is on spring break.. he hasnt commented all week cause he prolly uses the DCSS computers. I cant help but wonder if he is one of the ones sitting over at Isabella Complex playing all day. LOL!

0

VSU 2 years ago

Hey, I was wondering where our buddy Da Corch was, I was wondering why we haven't heard from him all week, that explains that.

0

lynn227 2 years ago

That's because of the one drop rule put into place long before President Obama was ever born. Anyone with a mix of black is lawfully considered black, thanks to the Racial Integrity Act of 1924. Selective race coding? Many of us because of our mixture, don't have the option of choosing white...like Mr. Zimmerman. How can it be selective, if we're not even given the option to choose? To say he markets himself as black is a bit of an insult, don't you think? As for the lynch mob mentality? There is a lot of frustration because of the lack of due process for the unarmed victim, as well. It's becoming easier and easier to mirk the water, or blame the victim, and thus let Mr. Zimmerman off the hook. The biggest problem with this incident? Regardless of how loud the the parties involved on either side screams; there remains a big difference between standing one's ground and initiating a confrontation. I think Zimmerman just may have, missed the mark.

1

ghostofkarelia 2 years ago

we don't take too kindly to things like "facts" and "reason" 'round these here parts.

0

FlunkyMonkey 2 years ago

It's a play on words--democrats know that the general population will vote for a BLACK president but not one who is white or half-white. And the Democratic party is betting on the same thing this year. People will vote for color--not record.Obama's record sucks--I will be voting record.

4

VSU 2 years ago

Obama's record sucks, and our country could sink into the Atlantic & Pacific ocean, but the brainwashed democrats will still vote for him.

1

J.D._Sumner 2 years ago

What does it matter what race someone is?

1

Sister_Ruby 2 years ago

It doesn't matter......if the laws are applied equally, blindfoldedly for everyone.

The squawk is about how the PRESS are treating the race of various people (or ignoring it as the case may be).

1

Abytaxpayer 2 years ago

Race doesn’t matter unless it can be used as a Political focal point. Ie. Our First Black President or the Half -White who shot the Black kid. But on the other hand to say the first Half -white Half- Black President or the Half -Hispanic Half -White does not lend itself to becoming a target with a political advantage because you have widened the focus to more than one race.

Just as saying black on black crimes account for 90% of deaths in black males, there is no political advantage to pointing out they are killing their own, while the other 10% made up of all other races has political advantage.

0

VSU 2 years ago

Never heard of the double standard rule?

1

nowinalabama 2 years ago

The reason why is because too many people like to keep things stirred up and wants to be heard. I KNOW THAT WE ARE A HUMAN RACE AND NOTHING ELSE. OUR GOD IN HEAVEN CREATED HUMAN LIFE......PERIOD.

1

Sign in to comment