DCSS calls meeting on renewals

ALBANY, Ga. — The Dougherty County School System announced Wednesday that a special meeting of the Board of Education has been called for 5 p.m. Monday for consideration of teacher contract renewals for the 2012-13 school year.

Missing from the agenda package sent out Wednesday were the names of personnel who Superintendent Joshua Murfree was recommending to not be renewed for the coming school year.

“I was told the list isn’t normally made public until after a vote is taken,” DCSS Director of information R.D. Harter said.

The Herald has learned, however, that the school system attorney has recommended to Murfree to not renew the contracts of 26 of the 44 teachers and/or administrators who were named in the state’s investigation of the administering of Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests (CRCTs) in 2009, along with one principal who was not named in the CRCT report.

Recommendations regarding hirings, renewals and non-renewals are usually included in the agenda package. Board members received notebooks for Monday’s meeting, but the non-renewal recommendations were missing from their packets.

School Board member Carol Tharin confirmed she had received her agenda notebook — minus the list of names recommended by the school chief for non-renewal.

“I got my meeting notebook, but there were no names in it,” Tharin said. “This is very unusual. How are we supposed to vote on Monday if we don’t know who we are voting for?”

According to the information obtained by The Herald, there was no recommendations to the superintendent on renewal or non-renewal for six school personnel named in the CRCT report, and no action was to be required on seven system personnel named in the CRCT report who have either retired or resigned from the system.

The system has a May 15 deadline to issue letters of non-renewal to some or all of those employees. Teaching personnel who don’t receive non-renewal letters will see their contracts automatically renewed for the 2012-13 school year, with system officials likely forfeiting any right to impose discipline on any found guilty of cheating on the standardized tests.

Non-renewals would automatically trigger hearings before administrative tribunals.

Meanwhile, Harter informed The Herald that the system’s open records policy has been changed. Future open records requests from the media are to be sent directly to the superintendent’s office, he said.

The newspaper will continue to send copies of open records requests submitted to Murfree to Harter and school system Attorney Tommy Coleman.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

The BS continues to pile higher and deeper........."Five feet high and rising" just like Johnny Cash said......................

Terry and The Herald........you are doing God's Work. Please endeavor to persevere!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

In other system news, Harter informed The Herald that the system’s open records policy has been changed. Any future open records requests from the media are to be sent directly to the superintendent’s office, he said.

I'm sure a quick phone call to his cell will resolve the matter! What a pathetic excuse for a leader! More like the MFIC: Moronic Fool In Charge

BettyBowTie 1 year, 11 months ago

Oh wow, the "brass ones" on this idiot Murfree. I am so with you Sister!

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

I read the comments before I finished the article, and I thought the open records change was a joke... Oh my!

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

and whats wrong with the boss wanting to know information before it is published. you would not want the wrong thing printed on you.. would you? thats only for precaution purposes.. its just like on your job..if you work.. someone came in from the news media you would not just start giving information, you would go to your supervisor.. at least i would hope you would. he is only doing his job..

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 11 months ago

Wrong! The public needs to know and we have the right to know what is going on in the school system. It is against the law to withhold public records. It's call the Sun Shine Law. Look it up. Plus, the Governor just put some teeth into this law so that there will be harsher penalties for not complying.

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

OK WHATEVER YOU SAY. YOU STILL WANT KNOW TO DUE TIME..

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

"...transmission garbled.....please re-send.........over...."

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

And adding to Kaos in Albany's reply...we don't dispute that he needs to know anything. He just can't expect to know in advance. If he feels he hired the right person, he should be able to be confident in the decisions they make. It sounds like he doesn't have that confidence. If that is so, he needs to drop back and punt, and hire someone we can be asuured will do the job correctly.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

LOOKS LIKE OL' DOC MURFREE PLANS TO SET UP HIS OWN REGIEME WITHIN THE DCSS, CONTROLLING AND FILTERING THE FLOW OF INFORMATION, A DANGEROUS IDEA. THIS IS THE RESULT OF HIS INEXPERIENCE AND HIS BEING UNQUALIFIED TO MANAGE A SCHOOL SYSTEM WITH A TON OF BAGGAGE. FACE IT, THE MAN IS IN OVER HIS HEAD.

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

all you people want is information.. if it was you in this situation you would want someone to make sure your information was correct before being published.these people lives are at state. he is doing the right thing. for one they have no real evidence.. they dont have enough evidence. the GBI could not even provide tapes.. just heresay. please no the facts!! those in authority do lie too..especially to receive the type of money they get...

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

You must be related to #34.

firefly 1 year, 11 months ago

WoW. You're either a graduate of DCSS or ASU. Grammar check please!

hayward2 1 year, 11 months ago

I think the doc's wearing his bow ties a little too tight these days...cutting the blood flow to the brain a bit.HEEERRREEESSS JOSHEY

BettyBowTie 1 year, 11 months ago

Good reporting Terry, once again!

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

Please, send the request to Murfree. Then when it is delayed, you can name him personally in the law suit. More people have got to be made to understand what a control freak he is. Plus what a lack of understanding of even basic Law covering his position he has. If the offending Teachers skip toe process, it needs to be dumped squarely in his lap.

VietVet1 1 year, 11 months ago

But wait! If #34 stalls long enough those fine outstanding teachers will get an automatic renewel. Isn't that right #34?

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks, for looking out for lawsuits. The evidence must not support the anarcy cry by some of the negative commenters.

The accused layers are waiting for the other shoe to drop, non-renewals are not as simply as one may think, there are certain things that you must have before issuing them, there are certain constitutional rights the teacher are entitle to:

1. Equal protection under the law
  2. Due process
  3. Right to face accusors
  4. Right to question witness
  5. The burden of proof is on the accusor
  6. 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th amendments, including others
  7. Right to protect property, liberty, and freedom
  8. Right to privacy
  9. Right to appeal
  10. Right to bring suit

I pay taxes and I feel honored to have a thinker at the helm, someone who is educated and understand what could happen if people rights are intentionally violated. Public opinion is not supported by case law. Moving slow and wisely are great leadership skills.

Can we be friends?

Bubbavet_rureel

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

As evidenced by your grammar, it appears that you and he are equally educated. LOL.

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

i have not heard anyone say that they reviewed the tapes where the teachers admittied to cheating. where is the eveidence? any answers people?

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

You must be drinking a lot of #34's special homemade Kool-Aid.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

High 5 jacob....hahaahahhaha

linbru1956 1 year, 11 months ago

lol i was just thinking the same thing.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

Bubbavet_rureel........Let me read you your rights: "You have the right to remain ignorant............"

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

OKAY AGAIN SO WHERE IS YOUR EVEIDENCE SISTER RUBY THAT MAKES YOU SO SURE THEY ARE GUILTY CAUSE ALL I HAVE HEARD IS HEARSAY. WHERE ARE THE TAPES? DID YOU HEAR THEM?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

It's based on statistical probability analysis which I am sure you are well versed in. How do you like ONE in ONE HUNDRED FIFTY TRILLION chance that the wrong to right erasures were accidental? Take all the time you need to let that sink in. "We don't need no stinkin' tapes"

us_citizen 1 year, 11 months ago

I think #8 was blown when the names were published in the newspaper.

Terry.Lewis 1 year, 11 months ago

The governor's report, which is available to the public as an online download, contains the names.

jglass 1 year, 11 months ago

So, this "due process" time is running out! It is costing $$$$$ daily. The board needs to send these letter out right after their meeting Monday night. This is just ridiculous, how can #34 think he can have FULL control over EVERYTHING to do with the school system, etc. There is something fishy going on here. There needs to be checks and balances in ALL areas. I do not trust him for one minute. I will be so glad to have the 2 new prospective board members elected!!!!

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

There is another way around it if the parents will stick together if they renew the contracts. I do not believe that they can place a child in the teachers room if the parents object. It falls under like transferring your child from an nonperforming schools to one like Westover. Just do not allow your child to be placed in their classroom. This will cause major problems. They also should move their child to a school that makes AYP. Albany has gotten away easy until now.

TheBoss 1 year, 11 months ago

Did Murfee call the meeting so he can put Board Members on the spot by having to vote on each person?

Terry.Lewis 1 year, 11 months ago

Personally, I would like to see a board vote on 33 nonrenewals. Let the board go on record where they stand. Then we can ask them "why did you vote that way?"

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

I wonder if the gang of four got the names...

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

IM ASSUMING YOU MEAN ALL BLACKS RIGHT! WHAT A CITY WE HAVE HERE.

Somebody 1 year, 11 months ago

It's obvious you haven't been on this site very long.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

The "Gang of Four" is what EVERYONE calls the board members who put #34 into the superintendents position. EVERYONE knows this...

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

OF COURSE THATS HOW IT WILLL WORK. THATS WHY YOU HAVE A BOARD TO VOTE!

Somebody 1 year, 11 months ago

That board is a joke, nothing but a bunch of clowns. They are a disgrace to the city.

DoctorDorite 1 year, 11 months ago

I have mixed feelings on this issue, this is a personel matter and should not be discussed in a public media however I do agree with the Board member Carol Tharin who said this is unusal not to have a list of names and reasons for not renewing the contracts. Also the board can/should over-ride any attempt by Murfree to micro-manage every issue that pops up, even arrest powers.

ObjectiveEyes 1 year, 11 months ago

straightface and bubbavet_rureel: Yous mite bee tooken seersously ifin' yous learnt proper eanglish aunti grammer.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

"These peoples lives are at state!" ROTF!

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

My grammer and education is not on trial, you can down me, however, facts are facts. Lynch mob is what you sound like, you have not seen any evidence, yet you want to convict. Keep dreaming, however, it will never happen. You can thank the framers of the constitution for due process.

Focus on my grammer is good, focus on due process is better.

Be my friend? Can you spell that?

Bubbavet_rureel

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

I can spell grammar. Can you? LOL. You are highly entertaining. Please do not stop posting.

Somebody 1 year, 11 months ago

You are sounding a lot like Da Korch, is that you hiding in their Korch?

LGadson 1 year, 11 months ago

What in the hell is a korch?! Really, what is it?

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

Da Corch or Korch is coachjohnson43, a frequent commenter on this site. Somebody thinks this is an alias of coachjohnson since he says things along the same lines as da corch would.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 11 months ago

Good job, Terry! Sounds as if Murfree is micro managing everyone and is doing a horrible job of it.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

"Micro managing" is what inept, unqualified bosses do because they don't know what to do so they think they have to make every decision. Micro managing is usually accompanied by berating and belittle-ing subordinates just to prove who's the boss so they won't be challenged. They don't trust their people, lack self confidence, and beneath it all, exhibit extreme paranoia because deep down they know they really don't have what it takes to do the job, nor do they have a clue how to do the job. I've seen it many times in many diverse sectors, public and private.

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

Very well said. It's a lot easier to dictate what color of paper certain memos should be printed on than it is to plan a yearly budget or make key personnel decisions. Micro-managers generally accomplish very little, except to make their underlings absolutely miserable.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks Jacob, please help me spell the following words:

1. Duu proces
  2. Grammer
  3. Lynch Moob
  4. Sisterr
  5. Jacab
  6. Rightts
  7. Constitutiion
  8. Appeall
  9. frieand
  10. You're being played.

My grammatical errors are intentional, stay on task, stay focus, this too shall pass.

Can we be friennds? Can you spell that?

Somebody 1 year, 11 months ago

Can you spell goodbye?... and come back when you can't stay as long.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

Amen! I'm so sick of the useless comments like this one from 'rureel'. I guess we all need to click "Suggest removal".

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

The letters should go out to allow the process to proceed without the implimentation of a time table that could cause the cases to go away. If the resolution is in the Favor of the Teacher, simply offer them a contract after they are cleared.

ObjectiveEyes 1 year, 11 months ago

Mr. Specht, that would be waaaay too simple for this crowd. It would require a little independent thinking!

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

THE DCSS OR MURFREE CAN'T DO THAT, IT'S NOT IN THEIR DNA TO APPLY SIMPLE COMMON LOGIC TO ANYTHING THEY WERE SANCTIONED TO DO. YOU CAN EDUCATED SOMEONE BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM THINK.

Friends,

I’m responding to issues related to my grammar and non-renewals for teachers. Attempts to question the validity of my educational capabilities are insulting and degrading. My grammar is certainly not the real issue; the issue is whether the teachers’ contract should be renewed. The renewal process is a process that involves several procedures, this process is an accusatory allegation, and the burden of proof shifts to the accuser. The accused have certain rights that are afforded by the constitution. Fortunately Dr. Murfree is aware of those rights, and he is moving at the right pace. Public opinion is okay, however, it will not stand in court. Finally, the teachers’ will be fine; they have several avenues in the appeals process including PSC, Georgia State Superior Court, Georgia Court of Appeals, Georgia Supreme Court, Federal District Court, Appeals Court, Supreme Court.

Can we be friends?

Bubbavet_rureel.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

It appears that the officials and even the educators and principals themselves are accepting reality in the Atlanta area and are taking their just punishment. I somehow don't think it's going to go that way down here in the "__ Life City".

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

thats becasue thoses teachers in atlanta admittied to it and the board heard them say it on tape that was given by the GBI. well on the otherhand the teachers here did not admit to it nor has the GBI been able to produce the tapes... so how can we handle the situation like ATL. We cant! All you people with your comments would get the School Board is 44 Lawsuits if they dont handle this properly.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

Here's the point: "tapes" are only useful if someone confesses. If a guilty person denies wrongdoing (or takes the FIFTH like a lot of your heroes have done and I don't mean a fifth of liquor) then you're going to have to go off the probability evidence which is conclusively damning.

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

Does anyone think that it is possible for them to handle it properly? I am beginning to think not, or else this would have been cleared up but now. I know the process isn't as fast as we would want it, but there is some definite hesitation.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Do you think that this is seen by the masses? This school mess...this School Superintendent thinking he is a Supreme Being. I truly wonder just how many people are aware of what is going on in the DCSS? I mean how many people do you imagine read the online Squawk, the newspaper Squawk and see the Channel 10 news? I know recently I have been spending a lot of time in hosptial waiting rooms and doctor's offices and bring the subject up and if there are 5 people in the office waiting with me and only 1 knows about it ....those odds are not good are they? I am just curious.......what do you think? I guess what I am wondering is, do you have friends and neighbors who talk about this mess in the school system, who know about the lunch scandal...about the cheating scandal...or do they have their head in the sand? I am shocked at how people respond to me when I casually mention it in public..as if I am speaking a foreign language....as if I am making the whole thing up.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

.......darn...cut myself off.....I guess what I am wondering is.......do you think this idiot of a superintendent will finally give it up when he sees the castle is surrounded and abandon his domain and leave. I cannot see him weathering the storm of protest any longer. How can any man, let alone a NORMAL one, stand this barrage of insult and protest? I mean let's face it, he has to see what a total fool he is to place himself in the position of KING of the land of education and how can he not see how utterly ridiculous he has made himself look. Is he that dumb? Has he truly lost it? He has no respect from those working under him I am sure and they probably laugh at him as we do, when we hear of the things he does. I suspect he will soon have the security staff in the school system dress in replicas of the uniforms of the Swiss Army Guards, as Nixon did towards the end of his presidency....when he lost it and started going off his rocker. I think it may be a matter of time before Murfree is out the door. Just my opinion and remember I am entitled to it. How much of the ridicule do you think you could take? I wonder how much more he can take. I just cannot see him withstanding months and months of this type barrage on his inability to perform his job. Shame, shame, shame on those of you who brought him here...I think you should be run out of town on a rail. Too bad you put your selfish interest first and not the interest of the children of the county.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

I'VE SAID THE SAME THING. ONE BLUNDER AFTER ANOTHER AFTER ANOTHER. HE HAS TO KNOW HE'S VIEWED AS AN IDIOT. IT STARTED WITH HIS HIRING PLACING HIMSELF SQUARELY IN THE SPOTLIGHT AND HE'S USED IT CONSISTENTLY TO CONFIRM EVERYONE'S SUSPICIONS.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

THE NON-RENEWAL PROCESS INVOLVES ONE PROCEDURE. SEND OUT THE LETTERS. THEN, THE RENEWAL PROCESS INVOLVES ONE PROCEDURE, THE HEARING PROCESS (FOR LACK OF A BETTER DESCRIPTION) AND REHIRE ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. PROBLEM WITH THAT?

coachjohnson42 1 year, 11 months ago

Bubbavet_rureel......you make me proud my son.....

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

I'VE BEEN CHASTISING YOUR BOY, HE CAVED.

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

Due process is constitutionally guaranteed for criminal defendants. It is a different standard for employment actions. Your apples vs. oranges comparisons make you appear more and more ignorant- even more than your poor use of the English language. Here's a word of advice. Sometimes, when you find yourself in a hole that you cannot get out of, stop digging. As to your statement that your butchery of grammar is purposeful, yeah right.... I guess #34 shares your sense of humor too, doesn't he. Neither of you could pass 8th grade English in real school.

AlbanyDad 1 year, 11 months ago

Actually they do have "due process protection" that is why the school board attorney advised them to start it by sending the non renewal letters ...it has to go through an entire process before they are actually fired.

I say send the letters and let the process start...

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

I may not be educated on the rules of changing policy, but how can the open records policy be changed at the snap of a finger? Wouldn't policy regarding open records need to be approved by the board at the very least?

Here are a couple quotes that might be of interest to Dr. Murfree...

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. Theodore Roosevelt Feel free to substitute executive with superintendent...

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

I know I will get blaseted for the kick in the pants quote...I know he inherited some of these problems. He just doesn't seem to be helping that much either.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Homework for Jacob: This goes against your apples and oranges theory

Please read this code - O.C.G.A. § 20-2-940

Please look up these cases - Harvey v. King, 248 Ga. 838; Owen v. Long Cnty. Bd. of Ed., 245 Ga. 647 (1980).

Goode v. Atlanta City Bd. of Ed., 4 GASLD ¶ 149 (Ga. SBOE 2005). The State Board reversed a local board’s decision not to renew a teacher’s contract because of insubordination and willful neglect of duties.

I know what I'm talking about, I speak facts, you need to ask Sister about me.

Can we be friends? I like apples and oranges, what about you?

Bubbavet_rureel

Terry.Lewis 1 year, 11 months ago

That was because the teacher's contract renewed automatically and the offenses occured in the pervious school year. The renewals, the BOE ruled, implied that no wrongdoing was found or she would not have been renewed in the first place.

This is the case law Tommy Coleman is referring to.

Hope this helps.

coachjohnson42 1 year, 11 months ago

Eat em alive Bubba...Eat em alive!!!

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

BUBBA_VET, FORGET ABOUT APPLES AND ORANGES, YOU'VE GONE BANANAS. YOU'RE COMPARING CRIMINAL CASES TO CIVIL CASES. THE RULES OF PROCEDURE ARE SIMILAR ARE FAR AS RIGHTS ARE CONCERNED BUT THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE STANDARD OF PROOF IN CRIMINAL CASES ARE BASED ON PROOF BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT WHEREAS CIVIL CASES ARE BASED ON A PREPONDERANCE OF EVIDENCE WHICH IS A LOWER STANDARD. YOU'RE GETTING AN EDUCATION HERE.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 11 months ago

Mr.KIA, Bubba_vet is a real commenter... This guy is bubbavet_rureel... I guess he was making fun of the original Bubba_vet. Please don't get them mixed up cause I actually like Bubba_vet.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

I DON'T HAVE THEM MIXED UP, BUBBA _VET HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE THIS RUREEL GUY IS ACTUALLY DOC MURFREE'S ALTER EGO. THANKS, I'LL CORRECT.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

ARE YOU LISTENING BUBBA_VET? RETREAT; YOUR POSITION IS INDEFENSIBLE.

DoctorDorite 1 year, 11 months ago

Hold your horses people there's good news ! Don't you see all the industry lined up at the county line waiting for a spot to locate and employee our masses. They see our super fine leadership here in high places and desire to move here, by-passing Valdosta, Tifton, Thomasville, Cordele. Well, it was a nice dream until I woke up. LOL

These are process facts:

All notices relating to suspension from duty must be served to the employee either personally, or by statutory overnight delivery, or by certified mail. Service is considered "perfected" when it is deposited in the United States mail, sent with sufficient postage stamps, and delivered to the last known address of the employee.

Any teacher, principal, or other public school district contract employee against whom such charges are brought shall be entitled to be represented by counsel and, if upon request, can also subpoena witnesses and production of documents.

The hearing is conducted in front of the local school board, or they can designate a tribunal made up of between three to five impartial people who have expertise in academics. This tribunal will then submit findings and recommendations to the local school board who will make the final decision.

The hearing will be transcribed and the board is responsible to pay for that expense. The transcript does not need to be typed unless the decision is appealed to the State Board of Education which in that event whomever is making the appeal must pay.

An oath must be taken by all witnesses during the hearing to tell the truth.

All questions relating to legal matters such as admissibility of evidence is decided by the chairperson or presiding officer and can be appealed.

In all hearings, the burden of proof shall be on the school system, and it shall have the right to present the opening and closing.

The local board must make a decision at the hearing or within five days of the hearing. If a tribunal hears the matter they must offer their recommendations within five days and then the school board has ten days to make their final decision.

Appeals can be taken to the state board of education.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

YEAH, HIS "CASE " IS CLOSED.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

BUBBA_RU HAS ONCE AGAIN CONVENIENTLY SKIPPED OVER THE CALL FOR AND THE NEED TO SEND OUT NON-RENEWAL NOTICES. WITHOUT THE NOTICES THERES NO NEED FOR DISCIPLINARY HEARINGS BUBBA. GET IT? SEND OUT THE NOTICES THEN EVERYONE CAN HAVE THEIR DUE PROCESS, THE DCSS EMPLOYEES AS WELL AS THE TAXPAYERS AND PARENTS.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

No evidence no hearing - get it, you cannot have a hearing unless you have evidence - get it!

No evidence = costly outcomes - get it

Public opinion = costly outcomes - get it

Extra monies during a budget deficit = costly outcomes - get it

However, being my friend is free - get it, can you get it?

The reel, Bubbavet_rureel

Going to bed friends - get it

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

HERE WE GO AGAIN. YOU GOT IT WRONG AGAIN. PROBABLE CAUSE = CHARGES OR ACCUSATIONS =HEARING = PRESENTING EVIDENCE = VERDICT. YOU'RE HOPING THE LETTERS DON'T GO OUT AND EVERYONE WALKS AWAY CLEAN. DON'T BET ON IT, THE PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I'M POSITIVE THERE IS NO SAND WHERE YOUR HEAD IS.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

(See movie "Cool Hand Luke"....)

"What we have heah is a failyuh to communicate........"

The Good Book has it like this: "He who argues with a Fool......becomes a Fool Himself" Proverbs

I suggest that errrboddddyy go to bed and dream of a better world with no fools. Night night errrrboddddddyyyyyyyy.

Support 1 year, 11 months ago

“I got my meeting notebook, but there were no names in it,” Tharin said. “

CAN YOU READ? How can you have a notebook with no names?

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

SUPPORT: YOU AND BUBBA_RU MUST BE USING THE SAME TOOTHBRUSH. WHAT THARIN MEANS IS THERE WERE NO NAMES OF TEACHERS SUBMITTED FOR NON-RENEWAL. BTW: CAN YOU READ?

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

MRKIA, please breakdown the statement and answer the questions, this is over Sister's head:

What if there is no evidence? What if the tapes does not reveal admissions? How do you handle bruden of proof? What if you be my friend?

Bubbavet_rureel

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Why would you like for me to go away? Are you familiar with the constitution? How about civil rights?

Real world ; we're here to stay, get over it, live with it.

Do you want your America back? Who brought me here?

You dont set the agenda, we the tax payers do, you can stay if you be my friend.

What if you became my friend and never stop being my friend.

Bubbavet_rureel

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

You clearly are as poor of a student of history as you are the law. Do some research and find out who REALLY brought you here...

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

No, but I'll take your word, you tell me, who brought me here? who was her before you?

Well?

Bubbavet_rureel

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

Don't live up to your stereotype about being lazy, bro. Look it up. You obviously have a computer. We have forever for you to educate yourself. Get you some knowledge about who captured your peeps and loaded them on the boat for a few bucks. Don't go around being ignorant and sounding silly when it is free to educate yourself...

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

BUBBA_VET YOU DON'T NEED TO GO DOWN THAT ROAD. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HERE AND NOW. IF YOUR POSITION ON THE SUBJECT HEREIN HAS BEEN REDUCED TO THIS DRIVEL PERHAPS YOU NEED TO RETHINK.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Thats what I thought. Getting back to the issues, dont down the teachers without looking at the evidence.

You guys should know beter. Teachers have a tough job, and need our help.

Please give them a chance for due process. My point, you cannot schedule a hearing unless you can prove one or all eight of the reasons for non-renewal.

Bubbavet-rureel

Note: MRKIA and others, you can't shut the great one down!! ask Sister, she eventually became my friend. Would you like to join her?

Outtahere 1 year, 11 months ago

I do agree that the teachers have a tough job and need our help. All of our teachers are not cheaters with no morals or integrity. I want to see the guilty punished and the innocent cleared. We need to let go teachers and administrators that do not have the character necessary to set great examples for our children.

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

No, I don't want to be your friend. However I have enough respect for the GBI and the Govenor's appointed investigators to feel fairly certain of their facts before they named individuals for fear of a Character Assination type law suit. No, I haven't been privilaged to the evidance review, have you? Do you really believe these 44 were pulled out of the blue, with no basis in evidance? Surely you believe the entire establishment to be composed of idiots to keep asserting your arguments.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

So there is no need for a name clearing hearing?

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

Never said that. Simply questioned your intent on disparaging those that already did the investigating. I have found very few incompetants in Law Enfocement and Prosecution. Yet you seem to believe they all are. Plus you like to pull arguments away from the statement and into your own perceived view. Yet you are the one that keeps asking for facts.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

NOOOOO BUBBAVET_RU THERE IS NO NEED FOR A NAME CLEARING HEARING, BUT THERE IS A NEED TO SEND OUT THE NON-RENEWAL NOTICES SO THAT THE CHEATERS CAN'T RETURN TO THE CLASSROOM AVOIDING ANY PUNISHMENT. STOP PLAYING STUPID, NO ONE GETS TO KNOW ALL THE EVIDENCE UNLESS THERE IS A HEARING. GOOGLE THIS: FACTUAL BASIS. YOU'RE THE SLOWEST STUDENT I'VE EVER HAD.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Okay, that's what money is for, get your wallet out, this will be a costly lesson.

The fun is over, it's strictly business now.

When a person Lawyer up, the talking stop.

Bubbavet_rureel

Be my friend, can you Goggle that?

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

LOL. You get your wallet out. My money is paying for real government services in the next county. Albany voted in this clown show and now Albany can keep paying for it. I won't even buy gas there to avoid a penny of my money contributing to this fiasco. The fun is not over, though. It is hilarious to watch.