Wright: CRCT nonrenewals are all part of a ‘witch hunt’

Community activist William Wright used a community forum Thursday night to rail against the Dougherty County School System’s decision last week to not renew the contracts of 26 teachers and administrators caught in the CRCT cheating fallout.

CRCT BLOG

William Wright contends the CRCT investigation was a witch hunt. JD Sumner sees things a bit differently.

ALBANY — Community activist William Wright used a community forum Thursday night to rail against the Dougherty County School System’s decision last week to not renew the contracts of 26 teachers and administrators caught up in the governor’s CRCT cheating report and the indictment of an elementary school principal and school board member on school lunch fraud charges.

“We are being treated differently on certain things,” Wright, a former Albany-Dougherty NAACP president said. “We asked the Board to allow due process to take its course and they took those teachers jobs away anyway. We paid a Macon attorney $10,000 to tell us something we already knew (in the lunch fraud cases). So we paid $10,000 to get back, what? $300? It don’t make no sense.

“This is a witch hunt, plain and simple.”

When asked who he felt was orchestrating the “witch hunt,” Wright replied, “that’s what we have to find out. These teachers were trying to give lower income children a degree of hope. We’re not talking about right and wrong.

The event, held in front of the Governmental Center, was held by Dougherty County Commissioner and State District 153 candidate Muarlean Edwards. Her daughter, school board member Velvet Riggins. has been indicted on school lunch fraud charges.

Called MADCAP (Making A Difference ... Community Action Positive) the gatherings are intended to be a series of mini-forums meant to address diverse and contradictory opinions by presenting stimulating conversation and information.

“I’m glad we are bringing this up,” event organizer Eddie Bankston said. “If we want to stop cheating we ought to give the children pencils without erasers on them. In the meantime we have four lawyers looking at evidence and the costs are rising faster than the meter on a taxi cab.”

DCSS substitute teacher Arrival Marks then spoke up.

“We are still operating under the oppressor’s curriculum,” she said. “And it is designed for our children to fail.”

A date for the next MADCAP community forum has yet to be determined.

Comments

ObjectiveEyes 1 year, 11 months ago

How anyone could take these people seriously or consider them to be leaders is beyond my ability to comprehend. If anything, the NAACP does more harm to the black community than good. They further instill the victim mentality. Instead of truly attempting to improve education for blacks, they play the race card and convince them that "the man" (whites) has the deck stacked against them and conspires to hold them down. No progress will be made in race relations until attitudes such as this are eliminated. Sickening.

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

Instead one should ask, why did theBlack Educators decide to cheat, and the other race ones didn't? That is the question Mr. Wright needs to answer.

Justice4Moma 1 year, 11 months ago

Boy have i been waiting for this one.And i knew it would come.Lets talk about all African Americans in office,that shuned my Mother,and me,all of you in office want to bash white Americans.Yet you all dont want to say how bad you all treat us,.We i for one am sick of it.I have kept my mouth shut long enough.You all let the Coroner go in my Moms home and her dead on the floor,did she see to my Mother,NO,she saw to what ever my Mother had that she could take.After she found out from people who did not know anything,she used her job to take things that did not belong to her.And when asked said my Mother had no jewelry,then tried to make out like my Mother did not care for me,ON TV.And all the White people i went to in office,well you know they are few,so they go along with what ever the others do.I never wanted to make my case based on RACE.But dag nab it,it is,i just would not face it,i thought some of you would have some feelings.NO,but you let some Black person come up and complain,and you all bow down.I WILL NOT BOW DOWN TO ANY OF YOU.Hey im dieing anyway what can you do to me,wanna eat me?Please wait till the Coroner get finished with me.Man am i pissed.And Herald please print this.Everyone needs to know,you cant trust anyone to come in your home.Even OFFICALS.If you break the law,you pay,no mater color,or job.Get off that train.

Justice4Moma 1 year, 11 months ago

And btw,since Fowler got his new job,no one is here to run against Quimbley.Aint that nice?

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 11 months ago

I thought Fowler is still in the race. I have not heard otherwise and see his signs all over the place. I remember the story about your mom and I for one believe you. I have heard all kinds of stuff about Quimbley. If Fowler is still in the race he would be the best pick.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

What did this cost the State taypayers?

What will be the final cost for Dougherty taxpayers?

How will this impact the students?

How will this affect friendships?

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel

Be my __.

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

I believe, despite the costs, it will teach some integrity to the students. As far as costs, then we shouldn't waste money investigating any other crimes should we. Just let it all revert to a dog eat dog lifestyle. No one gets guns either, that way it would be rule of the fittest. Is that your view of the world? I believe you would scream the loudest if the Police refused to investigate a crime against you to save money.

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

God forbid that students be taught integrity or that wrong-doers be punished. Oops, I used the word "God". Shame on me.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

.........and on and on and on and on the INSANITY goes...................

fatdaddygamer 1 year, 11 months ago

is this person really that STUPID? must be realitives of his.

VietVet1 1 year, 11 months ago

“This is a witch hunt, plain and simple.” What a joke! Dummy Wright has an IQ of a gnat. And Justice4Moma I feel your pain. The Coroner is no better than Williams. They live their lives like they're owed what they steal, take or lie for. I do believe in Karma - just hope I'm around to see the end results. GOD BLESS AMERICAN - - not what Obama preacher teaches.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Now now, VietVet, do NOT insult the gnats of the world...!!! I am sure they have evolved up the ladder quite a few rungs beyond Wright's capabilities.

VietVet1 1 year, 11 months ago

LOL agir_25 you're right. Will look in the gutter to see if I can find a category for him.

Jack_Frost 1 year, 11 months ago

Mr. Wright,

Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Inquiring minds want to know.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 11 months ago

The paint chips must have contained lead and a lot of it. LMBO

Sixty 1 year, 11 months ago

This is why racism is still around. To all of the black readers who read this, you guys are the ones that have to stop people like Wright. Whites can call it like they see it all day long but the black community will not listen because the message is coming from "white" people. Here you have a man that is justifying why someone cheated. In his eyes, the teachers and administration had a "right" to cheat. Everyone knows that cheating is wrong. The black community needs to come out and shut this guy up. He states that the teachers cheated because they were trying to give the kids "hope". Well i guess that makes breaking the law ok!!! Children don't get hope because they were given something that they did not deserve. That is the problem with society. If we would start demanding perfection and hard work, that would give kids hope. Quit letting kids slide by. Does Wright realize that the DCSS is 95% black? To my knowledge, they have not hired a white administrator in over 3-4 years. The majority of the BOE is black, and the only white administrator downtown was just demoted. Will someone tell him that blacks are running the show at the DCSS. I know racism exists but it exists on both sides. I will tell you that Wright's words makes every white person in Albany just shake their head and wonder how this person could ever have been thought of as a "leader".

Parent 1 year, 11 months ago

I agree! All blacks do not agree with Mr. Wright and his views. I believe in right and wrong. It sounds to me that he is saying it was ok for the teachers to cheat, but it's not. I don't want anyone to cheat for my kids just to push them along in school. They need to study and work hard, and if they need some extra help, it is up to me as a parent to make sure they get the assistance they need. (tutoring, etc..) I am getting sick of all the issues with the DCSS and the blacks on the board and with the system are making all of us look bad. It is up to me to teach my kids that cheating and lying is not ok, but it's sad because the students look up to their teachers. We MUST do better!

whattheheck 1 year, 11 months ago

Incredible but certainly not unexpected. Kind of like the police arresting a disproportionate number of blacks committing crime compared to whites Once again, the outrage is misplaced--should be against the cheaters and chiselers. I guess we should do the right think and just let them all go, and quit testing so they won't have to cheat.

"These teachers were trying to give lower income children a degree of hope." Now this is a stupid comment among the many. Along with, of course, "It don't make no sense"" Actually, it does make sense to those with a modicum of intelligence and a dash of integrity.
What doesn't make a lick of sense is the "oppressor's curriculum" comment. I guess what Arrival's comment means is some cannot be taught and it is always the lower income children taught by those who cheat on the CRCT.

dingleberry 1 year, 11 months ago

Arrival, I hate to tell you, but you arrived a little late with the oppressor comment. This one was most popular in the '60s but applies now only in the fervent imaginations of those who need a crutch to explain why performance is lacking. However, there is some truth to what you say in that we haven't decided to "dummy down" the curriculum to the point that all can pass without your obviously lacking skills as a substitute teacher.

boyoboy 1 year, 11 months ago

"If we want to stop cheating we ought to give the children pencils without erasers on them." Absolutely Brilliant.

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

Yes, that was truly a MENSA comment right there. Because kids who take the test seriously could never make a stray mark accidentally or change their minds when they check over a question, could they?! Why not take it in ink so the younger grades could ink all over them? Genius!

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

Good idea, but I am sure the NAACP and that clown Wright would say that was a racist move.

tywebb 1 year, 11 months ago

no kidding! and it's NOT the students who need eraserless pencils.....it's the stupid teachers who cheated for them!!!!! WOW.....that's about all I can say....WOW

VietVet1 1 year, 11 months ago

A date for the next MADCAP community forum has yet to be determined. - so folks don't forget to bring your "Justice for Trayvon" sign

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

And don't forget to bring your "I'M WITH STUPID-----> " signs.......you know..the ones you hold up as you stand beside Mr. Wright. My gosh, I can't believe he doesn't see himself for the fool he is. Are you people gathering this stuff together that goes on in Albany and sending it in to major news organizations with the hope that someday they will do a story on it? I am plugging along in the hope that someday some network will do a story on some of the stuff I have sent them over the years....whether it be comic or tragic.

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

Comic to the rest of America; tragic to those of us who live and/or work here!

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

Also, I know for a fact that it has been covered on other Georgia news stations, not in the south Georgia area. I'm really surprised that national news hasn't picked it up yet. Maybe they are too busy trying to find which story to run with: the CRCT scandal, refunding bail, school board member and a principal submitting phony lunch forms...and the list goes on.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

I email NBC News and ABC News weekly and send them URL's with different stories and copy and paste items that show the stupidity and ignorance of the leaders of the area every single week. I know that someday someone is going to say, "Oh my god, look at what has become of this once great city, look at what mess it has become." I am hoping they will want to do a story on how the Civil Rights movement that was such a big deal in Albany FAILED miserably and there are NO leaders here, only morons playing games....pretending they know what they are doing.

Justice4Moma 1 year, 11 months ago

agirl,check out William Michael Windsor,dont know if i am allowed to give the web site,but i have wrote to the Gov. and alot of others.Then i read about this person and what he does.Not sure on it yet,still reading.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Keep it up Justice4Moma......don't ever stop. You have to keep it going. I will read about Windsor.....remember never give up!

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

I do not believe that black children need special advantages in order to succeed. I don't think they are less intelligent than other races. I don't think they need special help or cheating teachers to level their playing field. I think that those who try to tell them that they do are their enemy. I think that those who try to convince them that they are victims and are not capable of performing at the level of other races should be shouted down ran out of town on a rail, for they are the real enemy and will steal the future of the children to further their own sick, victim agenda.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

I don't think so either, Jacob. They do not need to be told by a parent or grandparent who is raising them (very seldom a 2-parent family) that an education is not so important because the government will take care of them and they don't need to be "studdin da white man"...... If they had someone who would tell them that an education was important and set an example for them, they could succeed. I cannot tell you how many times when I worked home health kids would tell me they were not going to work when they grew up because the "guv'ment" was gonna take care of them like it took care of their Mama. You have people like Wright to thank for that attitude. Oh the list is long but he is up there in the top 10.

DCSSTeacher 1 year, 10 months ago

Jacob,

You are absolutely right! It's funny how so many of my colleagues preach that every child is capable of learning and has the ability to reach high standards of achievement, but their actions contradict their "beliefs."

The problem in the CRCT scandal was NOT the students making erasures! It was the overwhelming number of corrections made by EMPLOYEES to raise their own test score percentages! Student can make any number of corrections during test time, but teachers and proctors can NOT aid the student in any way during the testing process or after if has finished! Statistics do not lie. Numbers do not lie. Those people were caught because of their own incompetence.

If you do the job you were hired to do (instead of playing movies or playing on your computer), then you won't have to worry about your students' test scores!

Finally,, DCSS substitute teachers should not be given interview time. The only requirement the county has for getting hired is whether you can breathe. They do not "teach" or have any involvement in the learning process. They are glorified babysitters who can't even do that job properly! You ought to see some of the morons who cover classes. It boggles the mind.

beavis2012 1 year, 11 months ago

Wow. Wright, Bankston and Marks are clearly high up on the IQ chart. How Wright was ever put into a leadership position within the African American community is beyond me. The people involved in the CRCT scandal are being treated differently ... they are being treated like cheaters. For this so called "leader" to think allowing children to cheat or to throw out a basic curriculum test is absurd. For Bankston to make the "pencils without erasers" comment is great for the kids to stop cheating but in this case the teachers were the ones changing the answers. It is very strange that all the people being repremanded are African American, but I wonder how many were graduates from the "Havard of the South", ASU ? Who am I kidding, it's no surprise. The good teachers in this town can't get work because the schools are filled with teachers that have no ethical or moral compass. Maybe now some of the better qualified teachers can fill these positions ... as long as no cares that they may be white. This community wants everything given to them. They need to put on their big boy trousers and get on with their lives. Their children need to learn that cheating is bad and has consequences. After learning this basic truth the kids and teachers want to cheat, fine ... but when they are caught they should be thrown out. The world needs ditch diggers too.

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

The name MADCAP reminds me of the Mad Hatter. Unfortunate acronym to me.. I guess the witch-hunt referred to is similar to the Scarecrow's quest in the Wizard of Oz.

Why, oh, why is this group not concerned about the kids' education? Wright stated that these teachers were trying to give lower-income kids "a degree of hope". How--by showing them that cheating is the way to go? Wrong, they were only "hoping" to preserve their jobs. If they were truly concerned, they'd let the kids' answers stand so that they could qualify for services they need while they are young because there is plenty of money set aside for special needs students. By middle school, the kids who care about doing well on the tests will not be the ones who need "helping" by erasures or pointing. The others just don't care by then.

Who, pray tell, is the "oppressor"? And here's a news flash--NCLB affects teachers and students of all races and income brackets in public schools. No one likes it and neither do I, but please spare me the rhetoric.

A young man waited on me in the grocery store the other day in East Albany. He was very polite and checked me out quickly. He also was familiar with the scanner/cash register so that he didn't take up time having to call a manager there. He even noticed one of those stick-on instant coupons and took it off of my bill without my noticing it. Now I realize this isn't curing cancer, but with customer service these days, I was duly impressed. He was wearing a new class ring too, and it made me sad to think that he had likely put up with a whole bunch of junk just to make it to get that ring. I also work with quite a few people whose kids or grandkids go to public school here. They don't deserve the fish that stinks from the head down.

That is what "community organizers" should be focused on, parents and kids who aren't asking for a refund of bail money, but deserve a good education for their kids and themselves, nonetheless, and not the term that is thrown around like a basketball without regard for its meaning--"due process" of questionable employees. If they are cleared of wrongdoing, they can still be rehired.

As for Ms. Riggins, I presume she was an at-will employee of the Girl Scouts, meaning she could be fired without notice. They can't have that drama associated with their organization, there are no signs she is being removed from the school board (unfortunately), and there's nothing to indicate that anything out of the ordinary went on with her arrest and indictment. If she's mad because others didn't get caught, that doesn't sit well with me. I think as an elected official of the SCHOOL board, she should be held to a higher standard particularly with things associated with the SCHOOL board, not getting angry because she was "targeted" for getting free lunches for her kids when she didn't qualify. If you don't do wrong under the "honor system", then you don't have anything to worry about. Give me a break!!

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

WELL NOW, LET'S SEE... THE MAYOR IS BLACK, THE CHIEF OF POLICE IS BLACK, THE CITY MANAGER IS BLACK, THE DCSS SUPER, THE MAJORITY OF SCHOOL BOARD, CHIEF PROSECUTOR, THE DCSS POLICE CHIEF, ALL BLACK. YET THE LOCAL COMMUNITY AGITATOR IS ABOUT TO PULL THE RACE CARD. HE CLAIMS TO BE TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO IS BEHIND SOME WITCH HUNT AND HE'S FINDING IT HARD BECAUSE THERE ARE NO WHITE FOLK TO POINT THE FINGER AT. I AGREE WITH JACOB. BLACK CHILDREN DON'T NEED SPECIAL ADVANTAGES, THEY ARE JUST AS CAPABLE AS ANY OTHER RACE. BLACK CHILDREN ARE AT A DISADVANAGE BECAUSE OF LOWERED STANDARDS AND LOWER EXPECTATIONS. BLAME YOURSELF.

Outtahere 1 year, 11 months ago

Don't forget about all the RUDE city employees that don't even know how to be polite or professional!!!! I mean would it kill them to say "Good morning" or say "Thank you"?

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

They would have to stop popping their gum to say "Good morning" now wouldn't they? Can't have that can we?

Outtahere 1 year, 11 months ago

So true! Maybe I should have appologized for interuppting her at work! I mean it's obvious, she didn't show up to be productive!

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

But the cheating scandal did not originate in Dougherty Co. It was started in Atlanta by the white supremists or whoever.

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

Are these people for real? They are smokin' some really good stuff... Edwards should have been far far away from this...

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

How could she? She had to support her daughter, after all!! And believe me, Velvet is the not the only one of her kids to have encountered legal problems.

straightface 1 year, 11 months ago

Well all I can say is lets just wait and see what the tribunals outcomes are and see what the school board is gonna do about 26 lawsuits!

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

Nothing. They have official immunity.

dingleberry 1 year, 11 months ago

Fear not, the school system has an attorney who will handle these with ease--not! Anyway, let 'em sue and don't give them a free lawyer. Watch for Maurice King to pop in with a full deck of race cards and William Wright unfurling the high flying banner "We wuz wronged".

whattheheck 1 year, 11 months ago

Trillions the "oppressors" have spent on social programs targeting the "poor and needy" and we still can't make a crack in the problem. I guess it is as the good book says, the poor will always be with us--and always be unable to pass a CRCT test, or so it seems. So, William can chase the witches, and woozles for many more years cause we will never run out of either--there is too much money at stake to let a good horse not be ridden until it drops dead!

Cartman 1 year, 11 months ago

I think there was at least one white teacher who was "nonrenewed". Secondly, its a majority black school board, stupid. Thirdly, you have a black superindentent, idiot. Fourth, we know you want this be be a race issue, but it just isn't there. If any of you are wondering why Mr. Wright isn't speaking with even NAACP credentials, here's the link to an article entitled GA State NAACP President Dubose Insults Albany Branch in White Media. MADCAP indeed. I'm not sure that black racists care about the harm they inflict on the community in their attempts to be relevant.

Justice4Moma 1 year, 11 months ago

I have to say i am so sorry to Mr. Fowler that is running for coroner,antoher Mr.Fowler got appointed to the Funeral service top person,i thought they were both the same,same name,but i just looked on this web site and saw the both of them,and they are 2 diffrent people.Maybe there is hope.I am sorry Mr. Fowler.Atleast i will admit my mistakes. I am also sorry to all of you.This just hit me wrong this morning.I dont dislike anyone,and i am not afraid of black people,i have a few good friends who are african american,i am just affraid of the ones who have power,and use it to hurt people.These teachers did wrong,no matter color.A theif is a theif.Look what they did to the guy at the airport that time.No one came to help him,oh yeah he s white.We have enough people tearing the racial lines up now.We dont need anymore,do the crime,do the time.God Bless.

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

It is hard to believe that there are still people out there that think like these folks. All of the civil rights activists have got to be rolling in their graves. I don't think this is what they had in mind when they went through all they did (even losing lives) for civil rights. I think that they would be mad that so many of their people don't want to aspire higher than government support or a dumbed-down education. I would think that having to fight for all that would make you want to acheive something more. And to prove to others that they deserve what was fought for.

sglenn63 1 year, 11 months ago

"These teachers were trying to give lower income children a degree of hope." So showing kids how to cheat to get ahead instead of studying and working harder, come on now. This guy just wants a handout given. No one cheated on test for my daughter who is from a lower income family and hearing impair, she made it, graduated and just finish her cosmetology courses at Southwest Georgia Technical College. She worked and studied for everything she has gotten.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Well congratulations to her. I hope she will go far and have a very rewarding career. Her accomplishment is certainly a reflection on you for the support and understanding you gave her I am sure. You are to be commended also.

againstallodds 1 year, 11 months ago

I am a BLACK teacher and I think that what wright said is a bunch of bs i don't agree what some of the things i read and NOT ALL BLACK PPL think this way we need to stop pulling the race card everytime mess happens I think every teacher that cheated should be punished wheather black or white right is right and wrong is wrong this should be about what's best for the children i wouldn't want anyone cheating for my child because he or she will learn nothing from it so ppl are just STUPID to facts AND THE BLAME GAME GOES BOTH WAYS change will NEVER happen with all the negative racist ppl in this world it's soo sad that children have to go hell having to deal with IGNORANTS ALL THE TIME SMH!!

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

Have you ever thought how much other City Economic Development programs rely on things like this to discredit Albany? Just how much harm have these Teachers and this School Board have done to Albany's ability to recruit Businesses. Then there are folks like Mr. Wright that don't help the cause one bit. How many of you remember the televised City Council Meetings that were used by two other Cities to show just some of the problems Albany has?

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

walt, they were also sent around and used for comic relief in other communities. I remember it was during the Arthur Williams and the little guy reign, can't remember his name but he always ran for something and they were kind of like the Laurel and Hardy of government. He either got caught with his hand in the honeypot and got out of politics or just gave up entirely. Wish I could remember his name. I don't know if it is true or not but I was told that they stopped televising them when it got out that they were being used for comic relief. Apparently they went out on open circuit and later on closed circuit so they could not be recorded.

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

Well, I know they were hilarious, and they did stop televising them, so it makes sense that becoming a laughingstock would cause someone somewhere to re-think the process. Those were the days, during the Arthur K. regime, when you could just watch the meetings on TV--you didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

WRIGHT'S IDEA OF GIVING LOWER INCOME CHILDREN A DEGREE OF HOPE IS IDENTICAL TO "IGNORANCE IS BLISS".

Black_Falcon 1 year, 11 months ago

As most of the people who have read my comments know, I go out of my way to support Black folk (sometimes too far out of the way). But not even I can support this foolishness. I have long said that the NAACP, especially in Albany, GA, has outlived its usefulness. The comments made by Mr. Wright serve to illustrate my point. As someone already commented, Albany has been run by Black folk (i.e. Black mayor, police chief, school board, city commission) for years. So what is this witch hunt he is referring to? This is what happens when racism becomes the default excuse for everything. The whole town is run primarily by Black folk and Mr. Wright wants to evoke the race card. It makes absolutely NO sense “These teachers were trying to give lower income children a degree of hope. We’re not talking about right and wrong.”---Wrong again Mr. Wright (funny Mr. Wright was wrong on several issues, but I digress). To give lower income students a degree of hope you do not lower the standard by cheating. You raise the standard so that these students will have the essential tools needed to one day break from the cycle of poverty many of them are trapped in. Too many Black children (poor and otherwise) have become proficient low jumpers. The standards in the Black community have been lowered so much that mediocre is now the new norm. So what does Mr. Wright propose? He wants to lower the standards even more. Thus ensuring that these students remain academically ill equipped to change their plot in life. Again, it makes no sense. To me, it seems like the NAACP’s agenda is two-fold. One, race bait and play the race card whenever possible even if it doesn’t apply. Two, promote a victim mindset among Black folk. Victims need a hero and the NAACP can portray themselves as heroes to the Black folk who have been duped by the NAACP’s hidden agenda.

whattheheck 1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks for the assessment. Gives a needed perspective to the dialogue.

truthsayer 1 year, 11 months ago

@black_falcon, it was refreshing to read your post. The truth contained in the sentences made me quiver knowing not all black people think like Mr. Wright. Thank you very much, have a good day.

agonized 1 year, 11 months ago

Very well said, Black_Falcon. Thanks for reminding white people and those of other races that black people do not appreciate Mr. Wright's comments. It's a shame when voices of logic like your own are drowned out by the Wrights and Bankstons of the world.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Somebody dial 911......I think I am having a heart attack......did I actually just read comments written by a BLACK MAN saying things negative about the NAACP!!! OMG did I die?? Somebody stick a fork in me...I think I am done. I must admit, I agree with every word you said Falcon and could not have said it better (and gotten away with it since I am white). I think we are so tired of seeing the race card played everytime something happens that it is nice to know someone from the "other side" feels that way too. I believe and have believed all along everything you have said and cannot add one thing as you have done it so well and I thank you very much. My hat is off to you.

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

Don't be mistaken. A LOT of black people feel this way. However, they allow clowns like Wright, Riggins, Junebug and other entitlement race baiters to speak freely and don't contradict them. This silence leads others to believe that all black people want something for nothing and have no drive or ability to succed on their own merit.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Jacob, succeed has two e's. Check your spelling, you must be a friend of The Real Deal - smile.

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

Wright is exactly the type person that is wrong with this country. I couldn't agree more with what Jacob said, people like Wright are the ones that keep the fire of hatred burning. Just when the fire is about to go out, you have idiots like Wright that add fuel to it to keep the fire burning. It's all about agitation, people like Wright, June Bug do these things because they know it agitates the white folks.

Cartman 1 year, 11 months ago

Wright is a racist. He is as one-dimensional as a Klansman. He just happens to be black.

iko 1 year, 11 months ago

But what if blacks can't pass tests unless they cheat? Isn't that what Mr Wright is saying when he says the teachers "give a degree of hope" by cheating?

Doesn't that mean blacks are academically "hopeless" UNLESS they cheat? It took the NAACP to say it, but the truth finally came out.

I'll be mailing a $1.00 donation to Mr Wright over the weekend.

ghostofkarelia 1 year, 11 months ago

This guy was removed by the NAACP because his branch wasn't paying its dues to the national organization. Some clown has played the race card because his people are being held accountable for their actions? No way. Stuff like this never happens in Albany. I'm actually shocked that he didn't have the balls to go ahead and say that white people are behind the "witch hunt." That's really the only thing missing from his inane ramblings. The ignorance displayed by these "leaders" never fails to amaze me. The fact that Riggins still sits on the board is proof enough of how far these people are out of touch with reality.

"We paid a Macon attorney $10,000 to tell us something we already knew (in the lunch fraud cases). So we paid $10,000 to get back, what? $300? It don’t make no sense." The lawyers wouldn't be necessary if fraud hadn't been committed. Yes, Mr. Wright, lawyers are expensive. Welcome to reality.

“Tell me this, why were all the teachers involved black? All of this so-called testing needs to be thrown out.” Excellent non-sequitur, Mr. Wright. First of all, they aren't all black. Secondly, Dougherty County is 80% black. Do the math. All of the people who were nonrenewed should be thankful that's all that has happened. Some educators in Atlanta have actually had their licenses revoked, and the CRCT saga up there isn't even close to being over.

“If we want to stop cheating we ought to give the children pencils without erasers on them." This guy realizes it was the teachers doing the erasing, right? If the children had done the erasing, it wouldn't have been called "cheating"; it would have been called "checking your answers." Does this mean he thinks it's against the rules for a student to change an answer on a test? This is kind of awkward.

“We are still operating under the oppressor’s curriculum" Who is the oppressor? Is that a No Child Left Behind dig? Yes, NCLB is deeply flawed, but blaming Bush was so 2008. Your community should collectively take a look in the mirror. There's your oppressor. Stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution. It's not too late.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

Some of the most honest and forthright assessments of Albany and its problems are found on YouTube, posted by young black men (some are hard to understand because they talk in typical street talk----'yo bro sort of stuff) but they do tell it like it is. They are hilarious to watch and interesting at the same time. You should give it a look. I just typed in ALBANY, GEORGIA and up popped a ton of videos by online Dr. Phil wannbe characters.

Cartman 1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks for the tip. I'm off to Youtube.

dingleberry 1 year, 11 months ago

Muarlean and William are a matched pair who don't see anything wrong as long as a "leg up" goes to the right people, over and over, but certainly no leg for the "oppressors". Muarlean's little apple likely didn't fall far from the tree hence the need for Velvet's "leg up".since she was only feeding her hungry children something other than Girl Scout cookies--not a matter of right and wrong, as Wright rightly points out,and "it just don't make no sense". Witch hunters!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

From the comments that were contained in Mr. Wright's "speech" and the tripe that has been posted on Herald comments in the past, I see a distinct similarity to what Mr. Wright has been saying and what either Bubbavet_rureel or coachjohnson43 has been saying. From the poor English language usage used by Bubbavet_rureel, I'd say HE is Mr. Wright.

fatdaddygamer 1 year, 11 months ago

why do you not show my comments on here? there are some things on here as bad as mine, but yet you wont show my comments. what are you scared of. whats wrong you just cant take the truth? I am going to talk to your boss and show him what I say and the comments of others and see what he says.

agirl_25 1 year, 11 months ago

fatdaddygamer...I have seen your comments posted on here in the past....or do you mean particular posts pertaining to this topic now? Maybe you recently made a post to this thread and it did not post properly and you didn't wait to see if it did.....do you think that could have happened? Why not try reposting?

TD31707 1 year, 11 months ago

I hope he says you need to learn to capitalize the first word of each sentence you make.

Amazed2 1 year, 11 months ago

II guess the NAACP was on a WITCH Hunt too because they basically removed Mr. Wright from the NAACP Albany operation about a year ago according to published reports.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Attention: Some teachers will be cleared after their tribunals; some will be cleared through the rigorous appeals process. There must be cause identified before a non-renewal can be issued, the materials are being reviewed in hope of finding cause.

The civil right activists are entitled to their opinions; they are entitled to freedom of speech. They are responding to what they feel are injustices.

How can we as a community move forward, when we can’t respect each other’s rights.

Can we be friends? Can you do that!

The Real Deal – Bubbavet_rureel

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

B_r.........you're the Real Spiel.

BTW, spiel is a german word that means "playing circus music".

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

Billions and Billions of dollars going to these "oppressed groups" has barely moved the needle and instead has created a new Plantation of Votes, funded by taxpayers and run by Democrat Overseers.

We should have picked our own cotton (or brought Mexicans in to do it....they don't mind doing a day's work).

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

This just in, the NAACP announces support of same-sex marriage. I'm not making it up!

The Democrats must be just a little bit worried.............

Justice4Moma 1 year, 11 months ago

Well of course,they want Obama back in there.Plain and simple.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Sister_Ruby R U part of the rechtsextreme? This is German also, I'm the educated friend.

Be my friend, can you German that?

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

sister_Ruby, it's all about the constitution, people have rights including black, white, Gay, straight, same-sex, etc..

Learn thewhole constitution, not just the freedom of speech part.

Bubbavet_rureel

be my constitution friend

The Real Deal

revolutionnow 1 year, 11 months ago

Yep, they all have rights. So do thieves, murderers, illegal aliens, terrorists, and perverts. I'ts ironic that so many wrongs have rights. What about the rights of law abiding people who don't want to feel threatened when they go out. Who want teachers and public officials that they can trust. Who want to exercise their liberty without violating the liberty of others. There needs to be a righteous revolution in this country. People need to stand up and defend what is good and moral , not just what is profitable for them. 1 Cor. 6: 9-12

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Wright for school board, we need strong leadership, public opinion will cost $$$.

This was to justify:

Funding for chartered schools Less local money power ETC...

The Real Call It Like It is - Bubbavet_rureel

It to shall pass, God will lift the teachers above this. Sister_Ruby, Cartman and the other right wingers you can take this to the bank.

be my friend, can you bank that?

stc1993 1 year, 11 months ago

"It's not the things you don't know that make you ignorant. It's the things you do know that just ain't so." ---Mark Twain

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

Remember, I'm educated.

Why dont you be my friend, and if Mark was here, I would ask him also!

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel

I have been away, have I gained any friends?

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

I think if MLK, Jr. were here he'd be really disappointed. I don't think this is what he had in mind when he gave his life for Civil Rights. I don't think he would have considered cheating to give kids hope a step forward.

And nope...no friends yet....

gotanyfacts 1 year, 11 months ago

He knows so much, yet understands so little!

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

They threw out the teachers because they do not want their children growing up like you speaking poor English grammar as you do. NAACP, don;t you think it is time to find a new leader so you can be taken more seriously?

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

NO BUBBA_RU NO FRIENDS YET. IN FACT YOU NOW OWE SOME FRIENDS TO MAKE YOUR FRIEND ACCOUNT BALANCE OUT TO 0.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

Bubbavet_rureel = William Wright. That has become obvious.

Either that or they share the same brain (a small one).

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SHARE WHAT DOES NOT EXIST.

Justice4Moma 1 year, 11 months ago

I now believe that Bubbavet_rureel does work in GOV. My reason for this is,they all try to be friends all the time,instead of doing there jobs.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Only true friends talk about me, I'm the Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

IT APPEARS THAT THERE ARE 2 REAL DEALS TO CONTEND WITH : YOU HAVE REAL DEAL BUBBA_VET AND REAL DEAL MUARLEAN EDWARDS. YEP THEY ARE THE REALLL DEALLLL.... AS LONG AS YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE DEAL YOU ARE GOING TO GET STINKS LIKE..

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

MRKIA and friends, the truth will come out, the teachers side of the story will be presented to the tribunal board. Due process will be served, the people who have wrote the grat teachers off, will have a chance to say "Sorry".

It does not matter who I am, just know that justice will not sleep until it's served. The process will be challenged at every level, including:

• Local Tribunal
  • State Board
  • County Superior Court
  • Ga Appeals Court
  • Ga Supreme Court
  • Federal District Court
  • Federal Appeals Court
  • SCOTUS - Look this one up!!

Can you be my friend? can you deal that?

The Real-Deal, Bubbavet_rureel

Remember, I'm back in town, let's get busy. Keep it coming!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

These matters are not subject to jury trials so your list cuts off after "State Board". Good try, tho!

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

NEXT WEEK THE NAMES OF THOSE REQUESTING A HEARING WILL BE COMING IN AND THE REST WILL BE MOVING ON. BUBBA_VET RU, DON'T LOOK FOR ANYONE ELSE BEING REINSTATED, IT'S TIME FOR A HOUSE CLEANING. THE MASTER BEDROOM IS THE NEXT TARGET.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Federal - AppealStrong Hearn v. Bd. of Public Ed., 191 F.3d 1329 (11th Cir. 1999)

Ga Court of AppealStrong Velma Jean Moulder v. Bartow County Bd. Of Educ., 267 Ga. App. 339 (2004)

These cases started at the local tribunal, then the state board, followed by Ga Superior then Ga Appeals, finally, constitutional complaints will be filed in Federal Court.

This ladies and gentleman will be costly, justice will be served.

Sister, please goggle these cases, school is in, you need to learn something, to keep from looking bad. You are my friend now, therefore, I must do my part to help you!!

MRKIA - You really are in the dark, the process have just begun, it will take years to get justice, however, it will be worth every penny.

Be my friend, can you tribunal that?

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

I'm back, let's have class. Please send questions, and I will provide factual answers to my friends.

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Sister, the only Court that has an option to hear cases is SCOTUS, Homework look SCOTUS up, thanks.

You will be suprise at what the accused has to say, you have only heard one side of the story.

Due Process, Fair Impartial Hearing, Appeal, Appeal, Appeal.

Homework Questions: Who normal pay the tribunals? Who provide protection of liberty, property, and freedom? Who has the burden of proof?

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel

I have freedom of speech too. Be my friend, can you do that?

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

WHY DON'T YOU ACT AS AN ADVISOR TO YOUR SCHOOL TEACHER FRIENDS WITH ALL THIS LEGAL KNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE? THEY NEED YOU AT THAT HEARING BUBBA, I'M POSITIVE YOU WILL MAKE THE RIGHT IMPRESSION ON ANY TRIBUNAL THEY MIGHT FACE. DO IT FOR THE OL' GIPPER. WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION THE TEACHER'S OUTCOME WILL BE ASSURED.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

The only surprise I will get is if you somehow get lucky and accidentally write a complete sentence with correct grammar and no miss-spelled words.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

NO IT WON'T TAKE YEARS, IT WILL BE OVER FOR THE MOST PART IN THE NEXT 60 DAYS AND THE CASES WILL BE CLOSED. THE NONRENEWS NEED TO LOOK FOR WORK ELSEWHERE AND NOT WASTE THEIR TIME OR MONEY FOR LAWYERS, THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY ARE NOT WANTED. YOU TOO VELVET.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Sorry but justice, doesn't work that way. This happen in slavery time, but not in Bubbavet_rureel time.

Learn the constitution, public opinion is not mentioned.

The teachers vill find justice, no matter how long it takes. The Lawyers are paid up through all the appeals process. Check it out.

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

I will be your friend. I will start with some friendly advise. If you will have someone you trust to proof your comments before you post them, you will appear less ignorant. Make sure the person you get to check your work has a real education, and not a DCSS or ASU free pass diploma. In just this post, the most glaring errors are as follows:

"You will be suprise at" "Who normal pay the tribunals?" "Who provide protection of liberty" "Homework look SCOTUS up"

Subject verb agreement, sentence structure, and coherent thoughts are all good starting points for your homework. Maybe one should consider getting past 6th grade English before tackling the USSC and their lofty opinions... friend.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

You get the point, never mind the sentence structure, I want you to get the point. Respond to the point, not to the grammatical error's, they come with my comments, they are pointed at throwing you off, you would be suprise at my true writting skills.

Look at the substance, not the author of the comments. Answer the questions, my ignorance, miss-spelled words, Subject verb agreement, sentence structure, and coherent thoughts are not up for discussion. I have arrived, I'm traveling the Globe, I stay off the computer when I'm traveling.

I know you guys are lost for words, my next post will reflect my writting abilities, I promise.

Be my friend - can you spell that?

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel smart thrill.

Jacob 1 year, 11 months ago

Of course your lack of writing skills are up for discusssion. That is the point. I'm trying to help you. You can't seem to understand that your thoughts lose all credibility when you write like an uneducated simpleton. Obviously, though, you simply wish to post nonsensical tripe and are unwilling to listen to sound advise. Carry on with your nonsense and we will continue to laugh at you...

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Hello friends, I will give you a class on subject verb agreement. There are several rules associated with this subject.

Less look at Bubba’s basic rule The basic rule states that a singular subject takes a singular verb, while a plural subject takes a plural verb . The trick is in knowing whether the subject is singular or plural. The next trick is recognizing a singular or plural verb.

Verbs do not form their plurals by adding an s as nouns do. In order to determine which verb is singular and which one is plural, think of which verb you would use with he or she and which verb you would use with they. Lesson 1 Bubbas, Bubba Which one is the singular form? Which word would you use with Bubba? We say, "Bubba talks." Therefore, Bubba is singular. We say, "Bubbas talk." Therefore, Bubbas is plural.

Be careful - Bubba is a person, and he would be the verb.

Bubba -He, Bubbas -They

Friends – what does this have to do with teachers fighting for justice? Don’t you love him –The Real Deal – Bubbavet_rureel Can you subject verb agreement that? Can you be my friend?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

B_r, you do realize that "blogs" are just somebody else's opinions, not real, fact-based NEWS, right?

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Jacob, you miss-spelled succeed, surely you're not what you called Bubba -ignorant are you?

Your Info:

TD31707 1 year, 11 months ago

You misspelled "miss-spelled".

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

Just trying to keep it simplifed for my nearly illiterate "friends". Too many consecutive 'ss'es and 'll's would only have baffled B_r.

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

@ Bubbavet_rureel....Have you ever heard the saying "less is more"? Your posts have become so clogged up with nonsense and self-importance, most of us just skip you anyway.

If you truly want to be heard and get those friends you keep BEGGING for, try the "less is more".

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

My point, I used a word spelled by Sister, who is my friend.

She corrected me on something else, what does this have to do with the teachers seeking justice. The truth will come out, their side of the story will be disclosed.

Sister you misspelled, miss-spelled. Your a true friend. Sister_Ruby10 hours, 17 minutes ago

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel, I'm back and I'm educated.

Kepp it coming, or is it keep!!

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

Citizen, respond to the teachers appeals process, dont get away from that.

Can you less that? can you be my friend?

Education and information, will give you something to voice your opinion on, some call it substance. Trying to come at me will not work, I'm the Real Deal.

What do you know about teachers appeal rights? Maybe you want to skip over this, this question may be over your learning curve. Ask Sister, she will comment without thinking or knowledge.

Be my friend, can you begin to do that?

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

What you seem to have missed in all the "commentary" you have heaped on us is that the discussion of this article has nothing to do with the teachers and their rights to appeals. It has to do with the fact that Williams' statements like, "These teachers were trying to give lower income children a degree of hope.", were as stupid as they come. And, the thinking put forth by those in the article is backwards.

I don't think anyone wants to deny any of these teachers their due process. The question is whether or not the DCSS can provide it and if it can get done in due time. That is what everyone is upset about.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

BUBBAVET_RU: ARE YOU VOLUNTEERING TO ACT AS AN ADVOCATE FOE THE FIRED TEACHERS? OR ARE YOU JUST GIVING LIP SERVICE TO THIS ISSUE? YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A LAWYER TO SHARE YOUR VAST KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITH THESE TEACHERS YOU ARE DEFENDING. ON YOU NEXT POST EXTEND THIS OFFER TO THEM. THEY ARE LOST WITHOUT YOU. SHOW EM' WHO THE REAL DEAL IS.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

MRKIA, I stand for justices; injustice is not legal in America. My efforts are for what is right, and if you’re honest with yourself, you and others have not given the teachers a fair deal. You have publicly humiliated then, you have discredited their profession and station.

They have numerous rights and appeals that will be heard by the judicial process, the tribunal is the first phase, and the outcome will set the stage for future appeals. The court reporter will play a major part in the appeals process.

Finally, I am writing to the audience level of intelligence, I deploy different strategies to capture my audience attention. Your attempt to discredit my grammar etc... Will only make you look bad.

Trust me; I’m the Real Deal – Bubbavet_rureel. I’m prepared to go the distance. I have the money and the resources. However, they have super lawyers. Justice is on their side, public opinion will never trump true justice.

Can we be friends? Can you worry about that?

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

BUBBAVET_RU WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MIS-EDUCATION OF THE STUDENTS? IS YOUR ONLY CONCERN ABOUT THE TEACHERS LOSING THEIR JOBS? THE SCHOOL SYSTEM DOES NOT EXIST TO PROVIDE JOBS FOR TEACHERS AND "ADMINISTRATORS".

Yes, Justice for the following:

Children Teachers System You Me Everyone Bubba's friends

The teachers are certified and license, the deserve ttell their side, before the name calling and discredit. Then my friend you will have justice for the students and teachers.

Which means closesure.

Be my friend, I heading to lunch with friends.

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel.

Black_Falcon 1 year, 11 months ago

All the other distractions aside, if students, teachers, whoever, have to cheat to pass the CRCT, a test in which 64% accuracy would give you the score of 800 required to meet standards, there is a problem. A huge problem. The 800 pound gorilla in the room is that these kids did not know enough to meet minimum standards. That, alone, should be cause for serious concern.

Citizen_A 1 year, 11 months ago

You are spot on!! Maybe if Williams and his friends stopped to think about it that way, they might not have embarassed themselves by holding this little press conference. So many people in our community dwell so much on "oppression" that doesn't exist, they can't see that it is their own point of view that holds them back.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

I agree in part, and disagree in part. We must work together, we cant keep fighting the same battles.

We must be friends, can we oppress that?

The ___Deal, Bubbavet_r__.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 11 months ago

What will one tribunal cost: See my estimate base on a 8 hr hearing, these are just estimates based on free speech and opinion, the cost may be less or more.

Court Reporter$,2400 Lawyer$6,400 Teacher Lawyer$6,400 Tribunal Panel$7,200 Building & Utilities$ 300.00 a day Other$500.00

27,000 daily x 24 =$648,000 each level of appeal will cost.

The question is, who will pay the true and accurate cost?

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

BUBBAVET_DEAL YOU ARE THE POSTER CHILD FOR THE LOW-JUMPERS AS DESCRIBED BY BLACK FALCON.

MRKIA,

You have met your match, oviously, you're not aware of the appeals process. Dont waste your time, the teachers are in God hands.

I close comments out, you must dont know about the Real Deal. Keep them coming.

Let's talk about the issues! What about the cost?

Can we be friends, can you cost that?

Jacob 1 year, 10 months ago

"you must dont know about the Real Deal"

LOL. Idiot.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

BUBBA_VET DEAL " THE GREATEST ENEMY OF KNOWLEDGE IS NOT IGNORANCE, IT IS THE ILLUSION OF KNOWLEDGE" STEPHEN HAWKING. YOU MUST BE THE POINTMAN FOR THE ENEMY.

MRKIA 1 year, 11 months ago

AGAIN. THE "ILLUSION" OF KNOWLEDGE.

TrixibelleBento 1 year, 11 months ago

What I want to know is how Wright makes money. He's been around forever with his Traveling Show of Racism and Reverse-Robin Hood rhetoric. He never seems to actually work.

He and the POTUS do have something in common, being "community organizers". All they do is continue to wage war against The [White] Man, blaming him for their own inadequacies. I'm surprised Wright hasn't brought up the "fair share" BS yet.

Wright fully supports cheating as a way for blacks to get ahead. When is someone else in the black community going to stand up and say, "this is NOT what we believe"? Because no one does, I'm forced to believe that the black community supports The Village Idiot.

I'm happy to read Falcon's comment though. It's refreshing.

agonized 1 year, 10 months ago

Actually, in my opinion, I believe many hard-working black people do feel the way that Falcon does, as there have been posts upthread. They'd like to move forward, as MLK envisioned, but a subset, a very vocal subset, of the black community are the ones protesting over teachers losing jobs (in some cases, rightfully so), and not the bigger issue of students getting a poor education. I think it's really a certain "entitlement" mindset that transcends racial lines in America (like the Occupy Wall St stupidity), but in Albany, that's not the case.

However, I think it's difficult to speak out. I'd equate it to a doctor speaking out against Phoebe. Of course, this is all my opinion, and I'm not black, so I don't presume to speak for the black community. It's just my observations of my friends and living in this area for most of my life.

MRKIA 1 year, 10 months ago

I'VE SAID BEFORE, THE SILENCE IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY AND THE BLACK ELITE IN PARTICULAR SCREAMS LOUDLY THE WRONG MESSAGE.

Outtahere 1 year, 10 months ago

Good point! It seems as though when they get to the top they turn their heads to what's going on around them. Where's the support for the younger generation looking up to them?

cdeiter1 1 year, 10 months ago

WOW! Exactly why we left Albany Ga. Tired of getting blamed for what some black folks do. Always my fault because I'm white. White people forced them to cheat.? Cant be me now because I'm gone. Not coming back either. Why would you put william wright in the news? Has he ever accomplished anything positve?? Now you add another racist's comments. That is the problem with Albany, negative racial news all day long. No wonder no one gets along and Albany is sunk.!! Not sinking ,,SUNK!!

buddy 1 year, 10 months ago

William "I'm Never" Wright should be banned from Dougherty County....no....he should be banned from the state of Georgia!!!

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 10 months ago

No, Wright should run for Governor of georgia!

Move georgia forward, equal rights for everyone!

The Real Deal, Bubbavet_rureel

Jacob 1 year, 10 months ago

"Governor of georgia!"

The first letter of Georgia should be in upper case. You will look less stupid if you have someone help you with English. I will help you until someone else does. Don't bother thanking me. I am sure you are grateful.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 10 months ago

Governor of Georgia - Look, I'm smart now!

Still the Real Deal - Bubbavet-smart_rureel

Thanks Jacob!

Wright should run for president of the United States.

Please help me with this one Jacob.

Note: you're out of your learning class.

Bubbavet_rureel 1 year, 10 months ago

Teachers, help is on the way:

 Keep a song in your heart.  Keep your eyes on Jesus  Keep praying for God’s will  Keep busy  Keep volunteering  Keep your faith  Keep attending church  Keep a smile on your face  Keep your head up  Keep praying for the negative commenters Teachers, please check these off each day. We love you and remember help is on the way. What the devil meant for your bad, the Lord will make it, for your good. Your hard work in education will not be in vain, keep, keeping on!

stc1993 1 year, 10 months ago

Bubbavet_rureel1 week, 1 day ago “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” Martin Luther King, Jr. Remember, I'm educated. Why dont you be my friend, and if Mark was here, I would ask him also! The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel I have been away, have I gained any friends?

Bubba, it's the folks that think they are educated that end up being the most ignorant in the real world. Most of them don't have a lick of common sense.

“Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.” Lord Chesterfield.