CRCT Tribunals set for early August

ALBANY, Ga. — The Albany Herald has learned that the first round of CRCT tribunal hearings for the 24 teachers and administrators issued nonrenewals earlier this month is scheduled for the first two weeks in August. Dougherty County School Board School Board Attorney Tommy Coleman confirmed the dates on Friday.

Interviewed last week, Coleman said he knew the tribunal dates, but said he wouldn’t reveal them until he had an opportunity to inform the School Board at its meeting this coming Wednesday.

The information leaked out after Coleman mailed a response to each of the 24 school personnel accused, detailing specific charges against them and setting a hearing date before the administrative tribunal.

A reader commented Friday that he knew a hearing had been set for Aug. 11; Coleman then confirmed the dates.

Nine people will form the tribunals. They are:

— Samuel Louis Allen, Valdosta, retired superintendent of the Valdosta Board of Education;

— Scott Chestnutwood, Tifton, retired assistant superintendent for personnel, Tift County Schools;

— Ed Dyson, Warner Robins, retired principal, Northside High School;

— Patricia T. Roberts, Waynesboro, retired guidance counselor, Burke County High School;

— Charles Stripling, Camilla, retired superintendent, Mitchell County Schools;

— Floyd D. Toth, Valdosta, retired president, Valdosta Technical College;

— Gary Walker, Atlanta, director, Educator Ethics Division, Georgia Professional Standards Commission;

— Wanda West, Macon, member, Bibb County Board of Education;

— Jack Willis, Panama City Beach, Fla., retired principal, Wheeler County Elementary School.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 3 months ago

"Interviewed last week, Coleman said he knew the tribunal dates, but refused to reveal them until he had an opportunity to inform the School Board at its May 30 meeting."

Doesn't Mr. Coleman utilize EMAIL??

waltspecht 2 years, 3 months ago

He probably faces the same frustration others do trying to call or E-mail some of the Boaed members. You would swear their phones and computers don't work.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Probably, at this point any excuse sounds good. Right?

BettyBowTie 2 years, 3 months ago

No one in government here has ever responded to a single email sent by me. They forget who the boss is. Maybe we should all remind them at the polls?

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

You need to get the facts, your opinions are gathered from only a few sources.

Outtahere 2 years, 3 months ago

This is because the emails are subject to become public information.

straightface 2 years, 3 months ago

So now we have to pay 9 people 300 a hour..for 26 cases that could take days to complete... boy these retirees are gonna be rich before the year is out! but we are broke. really?

MRKIA 2 years, 3 months ago

GET YOUR ESTIMATES FROM BUBBAVET_DEAL? MAKE THIS STUFF UP AS YOU GO?

The Real gives the Real!

Fact's or fiction, Sister gives fiction, the Real gives the Real Deal!

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

Just think if these teachers didn't cheat, we would not be in this mess.

straightface 2 years, 3 months ago

Just think these teachers DID NOT cheat and thats why we are in such a mess.

waltspecht 2 years, 3 months ago

Just what makes you think the Investigators, and those that reviewed the findings are such incompetants? For that is what most of your comments seem to indicate.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Why have you pre-judged the teachers?

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Straight, they cant handle the truth. However, keep it in their faces.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

You can't handle that you are an idiot.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

How do you know the teachers didn't cheat? Obviously you are one of those teachers afraid they may lose their job, or related to one, perhaps you are #34 in disguise, either that or you are an idiot.

hayward2 2 years, 3 months ago

straightface, so you're saying that not even 1 teacher out of 26 cheated? their all being railroaded (I'm sure because of their skin color) and every single one of them is innocent. do you realize how stupid that sounds? would you be saying that if all were white or hispanic teachers? I think not!! that's right back you're race...even if their wrong!!

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

This does not sound stupid, it's sounds real!

coachjohnson42 2 years, 3 months ago

Color has nothing to do with this at all. If a Blue teacher cheated, then the Blue teacher needs to be punished but only by a fair tribunal. Not the "blood suckers" hovering over this newspaper trying to get Terry to start up some more mess and getting the public in an uproar. Out of those 26 people involved, I am sure some of those people had to be either innocent or improperly trained. The blood suckers just want them fired without any consideration as to what really happened, or how hard it will be to replace certified teachers.They could care less about their lively hood. If you want to send a message to those teachers without an expensive tribunal, just suspend them all for a month without pay. That way the teachers will have learned a valuable lesson and the school system will not have to work so hard to find replacements. The "blood suckers on the outside looking in" will be "somewhat satisfied" that something was done, and life can continue.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Renew their contracts, get them back on the payroll. We need them teaching our kids!

Justice for the teachers.

God will bring them through, just ask Sister and mrkia. mrkia, i used smalled letters to match your educational level -smile. Jacob, I would like to teach you, keep following my post.

The Real Deal - Bubbavet_rureel.

BettyBowTie 2 years, 3 months ago

You must have been educated by people just like them.

gotanyfacts 2 years, 3 months ago

Coach... Your post seems more middle of the road than I have come to expect. However, nonrenewal was the only way to have enough time to evaluate the individual cases and take what we all hope will be the appropriate actions. Rest assured that there will be cries of unfairness regardless of the results. Your anger toward the "blood suckers" can be understood, but taking personal inventories would likely show that you and I have sounded like "blood suckers" at times as well.

_rureel... ? Bless your heart! ;)

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 3 months ago

Translation "Ain't he stupid!" per J. Foxworthy.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Sister, I love your comments. They keep me going!

agonized 2 years, 3 months ago

I agree that Coach was entirely correct in that race had nothing to do with this. I'm glad that he pointed that out. I also agree that no matter the outcome, feelings will be hurt and scars left on the community. But gotanyfacts is entirely correct as well. If the nonrenewal actions weren't taken, there could be nothing done about this matter, which would only bring on more controversy. These panelists sound like they have plenty of experience in education, but more importantly, they don't "have a dog in the fight". This is the closest to impartiality one will get, so in August, we'll see what takes place.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

My purpose is to stimulate and encourage the readers to think practical. This strategy is working very well; in fact several of the readers are in denial. They have resulted in name calling, and belittling my excellent writing skills.

I have allowed these attacks because I value the opinion of my not so informed audience. I will continue to provide the “Real Deal” opinions, in spite of the ridicules and harsh words from mrkia, sister, Jacob and others.

I will keep the issues out front, and i welcome your opinions.

The Real Deal – Bubbavet_rureel.

Be my friend, can you do that?

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 3 months ago

Last time we saw you, I had challenged you to get a grasp of ONE chance in FIFTEEN TRILLION that the wrong-to-right erasures on HUNDREDS of papers was accidental. It must have made your brain so tired that you had to sleep for several days recently since we did not hear from you. Now I guess you gave up on the challenge and now you and coach and straightfacedLIE decided to continue to try to baffle somebody with BULLS***. Well you're wasting time and ink because MOST of us have our mind in gear while YOU folks just keep on with that tired old Wright-Talk that's not even working on who you think it is.

B_r: Can you "HELL FIRE for a LIAR" me that?

Outtahere 2 years, 3 months ago

I would love to think that our teachers did not willingly participate in cheating but with all the evidence, don't cha think some of them probably did? I mean, I love to think positively, but it wouldn't have gotten this far without some evidence proving their guilt.

But, I will go along with you, and assume they are innocent. They deserve a fair trail and a chance to clear their name. BUT, if they are guilty AND there's proof - can we still be friends? BEST FRIENDS?

MRKIA 2 years, 3 months ago

YES BUBBAVET_DEAL I SEE YOU USED "SMALLED" LETTERS AND I'M NOT SMILING. IT'S ALL I CAN DO TO KEEP FROM BUSTING A GUT. THE DAY THE LIKES OF YOU CAN CAN OUT-THINK ME WILL BE THE DAY INDEED THAT HELL FREEZES OVER.

MRKIA 2 years, 3 months ago

" THIS STRATEGY IS WORKING WELL; IN FACT SEVERAL OF THE READERS ARE IN DENIAL" JUST WHEN I THINK THAT YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY POST ANYTHING TO TOP YOUR LAST MORONIC STATEMENT YOU PROVE ME WRONG. WHO IS IT THAT TRAINED THIS CHIPMANZEE TO TYPE UP THIS NONSENSE? COULD MAKE A GOOD CIRCUS ACT THOUGH.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 3 months ago

"Mine eyes have seen the Glory of the Coming of the Lord............." everybody sing!!

B_r....you crack me up!! "I have allowed these attacks......" The last time I heard something like that was when I was fishing in that muddy creek off'n Gillionville Road. That worm I set on my hook said to me "I have allowed you to attach me to this sharp implement......"

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

B_r: Can you "HELL FIRE for a LIAR" me that? Sister, you keep calling me negative names. I respect your opinion, please try and clean up your act.

I'm not qualified to call people liars, in fact the Bible speaks to this, you are fighting against yourself, I'm on the winning team.

Who cares about being called negatives, the teachers are smiling because the can smell justice. We are praying for you Sister, we hope you find peace in your heart.

You know the Deal, it's the Real Deal, bubbavet_rureel

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Teachers, help is on the way:

 Keep a song in your heart.  Keep your eyes on Jesus  Keep praying for God’s will  Keep busy  Keep volunteering  Keep your faith  Keep attending church  Keep a smile on your face  Keep your head up  Keep praying for the negative commenters Teachers, please check these off each day. We love you and remember help is on the way. What the devil meant for your bad, the Lord will make it, for your good. Your hard work in education will not be in vain, keep, keeping on!

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

i welcome and value your comments; this is part of the healing process. my goal is to turn you around!

Mrkia, I will not turn back now, i see justice on the horizon. People like you need prayer and encouragement. We love you brother, just know that we have you in prayer. Every negative comment you make is being recorded in Gods book, the same people you put down are turning the other cheek, keep being negative, then turned from your wicked ways and served the Lord with goodness and gladness.

The Realllllllllllllll Deallllllllllllllllllllll - Bubbavet_rureel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revolutionnow 2 years, 3 months ago

" For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine , but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." That is the real deal.

Happy 2 years, 3 months ago

On this Memorial Day weekend I am especially thankful for living in a country where we as citizens have rights and freedoms. This is all due to the men and women who have sacrificed their lives to protect our freedoms. One of our freedoms is the right to due process. The media does not know all of the facts, nor are all the facts shared with them. Unfortunately, several commenters on here are using their 1st amendment rights to public ally persecute teachers before their are given the chance for due process. I do not have an opinion of the teachers who were involved in the cheating scandal because I was not there. This happened under Superintendent Whatley's watch. It's unfortunate that Superintendent Murfree is having to deal with it. I believe that we should all save our judgement until due process has taken place.

Let’s See What the Bible Really Says About Judging:

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa 37:30 "Judge not lest ye be judged"? (Matt 7:1)

MRKIA 2 years, 3 months ago

BUBBAVET SAYS HE TEACHES ENGLISH AT "A" SCHOOL. NO WONDER PEOPLE IN THIS AREA TALK LIKE STUMBLING BUMBLING BACKWOOD HILLBILLIES. THE STUDENTS ARE INCULCATED BY HIS HORRID ENGLISH AND SPELLING SKILLS. THIS GUY AND MANY OTHER TEACHERS ACROSS THE NATION ARE TEACHERS IN JOB DESCRIPTION ONLY. EDUCATORS?? NOT BY A LONG SHOT. THAT IMPLIES THAT THEY ACTUALLY EDUCATED SOMEONE. THE TERMS TEACHER AND EDUCATOR ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Happy, I hope and pray, mrkia understands the Bible verse you quoted "Judge not lest ye be judged"? (Matt 7:1)

Amen

MRKIA 2 years, 3 months ago

ANOTHER FALL-BACK POSITION; QUOTE BIBLE VERSES.

bigbob 2 years, 3 months ago

I am so glad i am retired because no new companys will ever move to this dump after they read the paper. You people just set home, write stupid comments in the paper & collect you free bees like everyone else in agony. Love to watch you destroy yourselves.

Outtahere 2 years, 3 months ago

Well, bigbob, some of us actually enjoy coming here and interacting with other posters. Most of this is in just good fun! And by the way, I work full time and I think a lot of us here do. If you don't like us, then by all means find another website!

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Okay mrkia, we see where you're coming from. God bless you and your comments. I will fall back, forward, and sideways when it comes to God's word.

You keep showing interest, I will help you get back on track.

God loves you!!

Ask the Real Deal - Be Bless!

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 3 months ago

I think I will abandon this Ship of Fools and, as Happy appropriately says, await due process. Somewhat like waiting for the return of the Man on the White Horse who will be the Righteous Judge of us all.

Some folks wallow happily in their ignorance. Some folks just don't have the mental acuity to deal with REAL REALITY, some folks are just obstinately ignorant. Some are all three.

Goodbye on this TOPIC until the Tribunal (who I believe WILL understand ONE in FIFTEEN TRILLION) makes their FINAL determination. As far as COST is concerned, well if the GUILTY would just admit their GUILT, then the cost would stop (as it should).

I must conclude with this Biblical Observation (from a Major Prophetess!) To "judge not" does not mean that we must happily accept all mannor of evil (immorality, lying, killing, stealing, etc etc.) So what does it mean? Think about it.

Answer: God has established Governmental Authorities to be responsible for oversight of Human behavior (and misbehavior) on this earth. Consult the Holy Bible at Romans Chapter 13. Government is a Minister of God. And I pray the Tribunals, as a Minister of God in these wrongdoings, will arrive at the TRUTH and DO THE RIGHT(EOUS) AND JUST THING FOR EACH AND EVERY WRONGDOER. Amen and Amen.

MRKIA 2 years, 3 months ago

SISTER RUBY I'M ALREADY IN THE WATER. LET THE TRIBUNALS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. FRIENDS ON THIS

agonized 2 years, 3 months ago

Sister, thank you for explaining the context of the Bible verse, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." I think many people, Christians included, love to invoke that verse whenever anything bad is said about someone.

coachjohnson42 2 years, 3 months ago

I am not attending ANY church SISTER RUBY even walks by......

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Please, pray for the people that condemns others on a regular basis. Even though the opinions are sometimes harsh and seem unfair, there is a work to do in getting love, peace, and happiness in the hearts and minds of Sister, mikia, Jacob and other special commenters. These issues will continue to unfold, there are no winners with these issues, and the teachers will fight for the protected property interest. Most of them have impressive work record. They do not have a pattern of misbehaving. The CRCT should be look at from the stand point of what is there to gain, and what will we risk to gain it. Sister is right, we have beaten this one in the ground and we hope that the tribunal will be impartial and fair. If, the teachers feel that the process is not fair, the appeals will be costly for the people paying the bill.

Outtahere 2 years, 3 months ago

I appreciate your zealousness and I have notice the name calling aimed in your direction. Even though I may have different opinions than you, I recognize your positivity and overall interest in our school system. I can relate, because I care about the DCSS and how it impacts our kids. I want a fair hearing and hope this issue with be resolved soon!

agonized 2 years, 3 months ago

I appreciate your positive outlook, Bv_r, although our opinions on this subject are polar opposites. I do agree that there are no winners in this, but the most unfortunate are the children and their need for a quality education. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, the people paying the bill for all of this process are the taxpayers. And that is why people are very, very angry.

Read how Valdosta School System dealt with the 2009 CRCT

14th amendment - Equal Protection Under the Law

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Valdosta has it figured out, their teachers are still working. The investigative results are simular to Albany's results.

Read it again, and you tell me, whats up?

gotanyfacts 2 years, 3 months ago

In Valdosta, one school had a "moderate concern" finding. The investigation indicates the higher than expected erasures to be due to improper training which led teachers to repeatedly remind students to check their answers. How can you say the results are similar to the Dougherty County results? Other than mentioning erasures, CRCT, and teachers, I don't see much. Please feel free to point out a significant similarity.

Terry.Lewis 2 years, 3 months ago

I would love to see your "similar results." So would Mike Bowers, Robert Wilson, Richard Hyde and the GBI.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

The results have been published, "repeatedly reminding students to check their answers" what else due you need. Look at DCSS report, what do it say about the teachers that repeatedly remind students to check their answers?

Research this, I'm sure you will offer a fair comment.

gotanyfacts 2 years, 3 months ago

You should tell us what it says. Quote, in context! Should the similarity exist, there are still differences that have to be accounted for. These are the differences you turn a blind eye to. "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

They called this cheating in DCSS, they said it was a testing violation. However, the PSC did not sanction Valdosta for these procedures.

You do the math, no media coverage, no public opinion, no problem. Study equal protection under the law 14th amendment, if you get one, you better get them all.

Justice will prevail. Go back and read the Governors cheating report, open your eyes this time.

Later friend! The real deal.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

Objections at the start of the hearings, this will set the stage for appeals.

Bubbavet_rureel 2 years, 3 months ago

APS teacher cleared of test-cheating allegation

Source: wsbtv.com

An Atlanta Public School teacher is fighting to get her job back after she was accused of cheating on several standardized tests, a charge she is now cleared of.