Squawk of the Day - May 26, 2012

"I went to a graduation in Albany on Saturday where some people did not stand for the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem."

Comments

tocar 1 year, 11 months ago

How sad that someone would not stand for the Pledge of Alligiance or the National Anthem! Sometimes I think people just want to see how disrespectful they can be and how lazy they can be. I am proud to be an American and respect both the Pledge of Alligiance and the national Anthem. If people fail to appreciate their heritage in this great country maybe we need to send them to Siberia or one of these third world countries.

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

I second that, Amem, indeed. If you don't like this country then move to another country.

stredr357 1 year, 11 months ago

I've seen that too. Whats sad is that most of these idiots are the same ones who live on entitlement programs issued by the same government that they hate and disrespect. Maybe they should give up their entitlement mentality and move back to their roots and see how much they get. Unfotuately for us, the president and his ignorant wife disrespect the flag as well. Monkey see monkey do.

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

I have been saying this for months. They will accept welfare and foodstamps, but show disdain for the flag. This good old USA is gone like the Titanic. No pride anymore and they should have the freebies cutoff in a heartbeat. The students in school, you may have one stand and say the pledge in the morning.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 11 months ago

We have a president who didn't, and the pictures prove it. If the president doesn't salute the flag, why should anyone else?

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

This is the result of people following the president too closely. Obama is not for our country, therefore his followers are not for this country, but as Chinaberry said, they do love the free welfare and food stamps.

bigbob 1 year, 11 months ago

Their just part of the useless people in Agony. They probably thought someone else would stand up for them. We do everything else for them like supply food, housing, medical, etc. That way they can sleep all day and rob all night. It gets worse everyday.

sogalake 1 year, 11 months ago

And yet people who don't give a **** about our country and the direction it's going in will vote for him again.

Clif 1 year, 11 months ago

Those who fail to stand and pledge alligiance to the flag, unless physically impaired, have no alligiance to our country. For the most part, these are Obama's & Bishop's people who vote for an existance on the Democrat Slave Plantation. Same goes for the National Anthem. Obama said that the National Anthem was a war song and he would prefer to change it to "I'd Like To Teach The World to Sing."

alleebrin 1 year, 11 months ago

I believe it was FDR who started all this hand-out stuff. Wonder what he thinks of his ideas now! Bet he's rolling over in his grave!! Now it's too late to teach people to have pride and respect - the parents didn't know about those things! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

justme 1 year, 11 months ago

I bet Ms. Phoebe is rolling round and round in her grave over they direction some have taken in her namesake. I don't believe that what has happened to the hospital is what she and or her family had a vision of...................

billstrickland 1 year, 11 months ago

Suggestion: Stay on-topic or keep your made-up history and false witness-bearing to yourself.

Hawk59 1 year, 11 months ago

I for one, would agree with President Obama on the National Anthem. Not because it is a war song , but the song,s last verse is deceiving. The last verse starts; O'ER THE LAND OF THE FREE; The lie is that not all in this country were FREE when this song was written. We have to keep in mind that just because some fail to stand and pledge, or sing the anthem does not make them any less American than you or me, but lazy.

VSU 1 year, 11 months ago

When Obama is finished the last verse will be "O'er the land of the freebies, and the home of the poor."

erudite 1 year, 11 months ago

Perhaps they are not American? Perhaps they pledge allegiance to a god and have no false idols. And simply, maybe they do not have allegiance to the US. That's OK, you know. You may not like it but hey, in America, we all have the right to like or not like.

Somebody 1 year, 11 months ago

Yeah, but they like the food stamps. That should be the new requirement. When each person signs up for welfare or food stamps, they should be made to stand up, sing the National Anthem and say the pledge, if not they get denied.

justme 1 year, 11 months ago

How do you know that those who chose to sit are collecting food stamps?

Somebody 1 year, 11 months ago

"I'd like to teach the world to sing" That sounds kind of gay, we know Obuma's stance on gay's, so he is trying to turn the whole world gay?

rock 1 year, 11 months ago

I served this country for 35 years and I do not care if you stand for the National Athem or the Pledge of Allegiance. I do not stand for foreign Anthems except for those countries friendly to the United States. If what every old vet claims is true "that we fought for you do this" then the inverse effect of that would be it is each persons right not to stand or pledge . I cannot force my will or values on you and I wll fight you with extreme prejudice for forcing your views on me. Atheists do not have a God, Immigrants do not have a country in my view, BUT I do. I will stand for the National Anthem if I am the only one doing so, I will Pledge to mY flag and my country and will stop and stand at attention every time the Marine Hym is played and do so proudly. If you do not wanrt to stand, so what, but if you do, stand at attention as straight as your trained to do in boot camp and let everyone see your pride.

justme 1 year, 11 months ago

How can one assume that those who chose to sit are collecting food stamps and other socical assistance?

justme 1 year, 11 months ago

Well put rock. Only thing I can't figure is how food stamps play into standing or repeating the Pledge.

Cartman 1 year, 11 months ago

Well said rock. I ETS'd out of the service 35 years ago. I think that many who do not stand, are intending to provoke a reaction. I won't give them the satisfaction. And many of them truly hold no allegiances to anyone or anything. However, be comforted knowing that there are some young folks who "get it". Here's a video you might enjoy. LINK TO YOUTUBE Crank it up. Happy Memorial day weekend!