The Squawk of the Day - Nov. 25, 2012

These holidays would be a good time to turn these attitudes into more gratitude.

To submit a squawk, Click here

Comments

chinaberry25 1 year, 4 months ago

I am always grateful for what I have. But your implied message is what bothers me. Are we not suppose to be concerned with the direction this country is going? I am very concerned and every person in the USA should be too. It is going against Biblical doctrine and the Bible tells us what will happen. God's grace and blessings will be taken away. We see it in the past history, so we are very foolish to think it will not happen to us. Prayer is not going to set it straight. It is going to take the act of will of Christians to overcome it. God will not intervene on that.

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

I interpret the message this way: Maybe the squawker wants to see the attitude of the people changing, from always griping and exhibiting poor behavior (especially in here on these blogs). A very simple message but I don't see any Biblical doctine for not everyone reading it is a Christian so they don't get the same message. I would bet that the non-Christian is probably the better behaved contributor in here than the so-called Christian.

billybob 1 year, 4 months ago

During the 1860s were we in Biblical doctrine? Hundreds of thousands dead fighting their fellow Americans. How about during Great Depression? Were we in Biblical doctrine then? Maybe we were in Biblical doctrine during WW1 or WW2... Again scores of dead Americans. The bible has NOTHING to do with it.

fcarroll 1 year, 4 months ago

We should all show more gratitude for the blessings we have and less of a bad attitude for what we don;t.

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

I totally agree with you. I am amazed at how much anger and jealousy comes out in people here in these blogs and the terrible attitude so many exhibit. So many who call themselves Christians too. How can they possibly believe they truly are to act this way?

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 4 months ago

Be real careful about pointing the finger. I guarantee WE ALL HAVE EXHIBITED a bad attitude at one point or another. Where it be in our written words, our spoken words or our action. We can all use a major attitude adjustment.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 4 months ago

Yes for example every person of African heritage should fall on their knees every day and thank God they live in America and not in the Congo. Have you seen what is going on in the Congo right now?

rorschach 1 year, 4 months ago

Maybe every American of any heritage ought to fall on their knees every day and thank God they live in America and not in the Congo. By the way, every person of African heritage don't live in America.

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

Yes, and the native Indians are really pissed off about losing Manhattan, to say nothing of where the buffalos (used to) roam.

GG126 1 year, 4 months ago

Ruby, today is Sunday. Can you give up being so negative at least one day?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 4 months ago

My comment was totally, completely positive and sincere. You see what you want to see.

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

Probably the one that used to be smack dab in the middle of the continent of Africa and called the Belgian Congo and was mostly white Afrikaners and then it changed to Zaire and most recently it became the Democratic Republic of Congo. I don't know why but it did. Remember the name MOBUTU...and all the bloody news pictures on the nightly news about people being hacked to death in uprisings during his term as president. I think that in time we will find our troops engaged in a war in Africa, just as we are now engaged in the Middle East. I think it will be over human rights. Remember, opinions, opinions, opinions and I am entitled to mine.

Duane_Kelley 1 year, 4 months ago

Well Mr Ealum have you fallen to your knees yet??

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 4 months ago

I'm so glad the majority of America voted for a true leader of the free world and does not think like the racists here. America has spoken......Thank God!!

Sally_O 1 year, 4 months ago

When it comes to racists don't exclude yourself from that list. You're the biggest racist of anybody on here.

Jimboob 1 year, 4 months ago

I wonder, if we all met at Black Beards for lunch every Friday in one of the back rooms, would you all be as uncivil as you seem to be here?

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

I guess that was the point I was trying to make Jimboob.....why are they so mean in here? Were they the kids who were so badly bullied in school that now that they are adults this is how they get out their aggression for all the torment they endured?

TRUTH101 1 year, 4 months ago

NOPE..... typical internet thugs.....anybody can have balls over the internet.....

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

I have been reading these blogs for a while now and the ones I take serious are written by those who don't exhibit the "look at me I am somebody" personality. There are only a few like that on here who are worth following so I mainly skim thru, then read a few regular columunist, then exit. You are correct tho TRUTH101..anyone can have a set, huh?

Sally_O 1 year, 4 months ago

That statement applies to you too TRUTH. What makes you think you are bigger, badder and tougher than anybody else hiding behind a username?

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

I don't think he implied his were bigger, but he did speak the truth. Go back and look at some of the posts and tell me that what he said isn't a true statement of fact. You will see it all the time...the posturing and name calling by internet thugs as he so aptly put it.

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

Whose got a bigger, bladder and tougher. Stop talking about measuring anatomical parts or I'll be forced to embarrass all of you.

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

Oh pleaseeeeeeee...bladder!!!!.....we know who can hold it longer...do NOT even go there. Or if you meant "badder" I guess I could be snippy and say "use spell check" huh?

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

Be what ever you want to be, dweeb. I said bladder and I meant bladder. I'm not the one that brought the subject up. As for using spell check how many eeeees are in please? You dweeb.

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

About meeting at Black Beard's - are you buying?

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 4 months ago

I think the squawker's point has been made, Even with a squawk about negativity, there are many negative comments. WE can ALL use some work, can't we?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 4 months ago

Y'all are making a mountain out of a mole hill. If we've gotten to a place where you can't saying anything, even positive, about a certain demographic then our freedoms have already been lost. There was nothing negative about my initial comment except to reference what dire circumstances certain people in the Congo are experiencing. Who knows anything about it? Who cares? Me, for one.

VSU 1 year, 4 months ago

You're right sister, when the day comes you can't voice your views and opinions whether people agree or disagree, you have lost a freedom. Not everybody views the world wearing rose colored glasses or drinks the same flavored kool-aid.

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

Look at what you are reading...these are called opinions. It is the manner in which they are given that I have commented on. At least no one is doing it in the manner in which it is usually done, are they? Yes, everyone has a right to their opinion and so far isn't it nice that these opinions are given in such an orderly manner? Who said you could not voice a view or opinion, positive or negative? I don't remember seeing a rule. It is nice to see adults acting like adults.

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

Screw nice. It's over rated.

Roger879 1 year, 4 months ago

My, my someone got up on the wrong side of the bed huh?

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

No, I slept in my recliner. No bed was involved. Quit jumping to conclusions.

Jimboob 1 year, 4 months ago

Actualy, everyone has a right to MY opinion... :-)

Duane_Kelley 1 year, 4 months ago

VSU...I DON'T usually agree with your posts but...I agree with that one we do have the right to voice our opinions, yet do those by Sister have to be as divisive all the time? Most historians claim we all originated from Africa so if that is the case we all should fall to our knees.....Congo is jacked up now though

VSU 1 year, 4 months ago

Well, I admit maybe her Congo comment was a little off the chain, I could think of several other places I would not want to be as well. Which gets back to America, as the squawk the other day said our country isn't perfect but compared to being in other countries, we should be thankful. With that being said, I feel our country is slowly heading downhill, and things will only get worse. I hope I am wrong. They claim things are looking better, but the fact is businesses are still closing and people are still losing jobs. Proctor & Gamble in Augusta is laying off several employees due to some changes.

Jimboob 1 year, 4 months ago

Opinions are like Mercedes Benz in Albany... Everybody has one.

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

With a bit of rust, a broken head lamp and smoking tail pipe.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 4 months ago

Is that you Murfree? Or is it Sabbs?

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

Sister, I do appreciate your timing and sense of humor.

Amazed2 1 year, 4 months ago

Did Sabbs every buy a Business License. Only in Albany can you contract with the Public School system that is tax payer funded and not have a business license You would think that would be at the top of the non existent checklist.

FryarTuk 1 year, 4 months ago

I wonder if they sent him a 1099.