The Squawk of the Day - Nov. 26, 2012

The Flint River walk and park is such a blessing for Albany to have. It is beautiful right now.

To submit a squawk, Click here

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 12 months ago

That's why I have a Carry Permit attached to my powered wheelchair along with a loaded S&W .357 Magnum when I go down there. I would carry a .44 but I can't hold it steady in my diminished condition.

AlbanyIsTooDarkDuringTheDay 1 year, 12 months ago

Glad to see another positive squawk hijacked by the regulars!

PatrickY2K 1 year, 12 months ago

I almost said the same thing! Someone did the same thing to the article about the Christmas Parade. Criticizing everything must make them feel smart.

Are these people miserable in real life, or just when they are online and can hide behind a fake name?

VSU 1 year, 12 months ago

So your First name is Patrick and your last name is Y2K? Really?

PatrickY2K 1 year, 12 months ago

I don't turn every Squawk into an opportunity to bash someone. I read the SOTD every day, but go days (sometimes weeks) without commenting - sometimes because I have nothing to add, sometimes because I just don't have the energy to argue with some extreme opinions, connected to closed minds and deaf ears.

I didn't say I was using my real name, but I haven't said anything on here that I haven't said in the appropriate social settings (you know...with real people). We could all list the people who regularly bash Albany, Democrats, the DCSS, and minorities. They are the same ones who can't allow a positive Squawk to slip through without unleashing another negative comment.

MRKIA 1 year, 12 months ago

WHY WOULD YOU CARE TO GO TO A PLACE WHERE YOU FELT YOU NEEDED A GUN ? .357 MAG? EXCELLENT CHOICE.

FryarTuk 1 year, 12 months ago

Just go there during day light hours. There are a lot of good things in the area but you have to be cautious. Two hoods shot somebody in a neighborhood business this weekend. I think you are right to pack a hawg leg, Sis. A lot of solid citizen types are toting now.

waltspecht 1 year, 12 months ago

The trick to concealed carry is to not let folks know it is there until you need it. Advertising it's presence is equivilant to brandishing. Brandishing is a crime. Just some food for thought. The rest of the story is to have a good Lawyer on speed dial, and be the first to call 911 and ask for an ambulance. Then remember this "I will speak with you just as soon as my Lawyer is present. Plus, let the Lawyer tell you what to answer, don't blurt anything out".

chinaberry25 1 year, 12 months ago

Hopefully they have cleaned it up and the male and female prostitutes are no longer working down there.

fcarroll 1 year, 12 months ago

The Judge (gun) works well also. Just point, aim in their direction and pull the trigger.

Amazed2 1 year, 12 months ago

The local banks should install ATM's along the River Park walkways every 1000 feet so WHEN you get mugged the robbers won't have kidnap you and make you go to another location You can cash out for the Thugs along the trail. That way All those Camera's they have downtown the crime can be almost immediately solved by Chief Proctor. Also being so close to the police headquarters it lowers the risk of a police officer behind the wheel running over ot into you while responding to a 911 call. Maybe they can just give the pictures to the local sheriff to pick up the Thugs once Chief Proctor has the camera pictures. The Sheriff and DCP depts are btter atdriving cars.

Roger879 1 year, 12 months ago

hmmmmm......sarcasm, very good Amazed2...hahaha.. enjoyed a bit of laughter with my morning coffee.

bigbob 1 year, 12 months ago

I'm sure it is nice but going there alone is just plain dangerous. It really is to bad because it would be a great walking path if safe. I would like to hear from someone who goes down there often & feels safe if their is anyone.

Jimboob 1 year, 12 months ago

How about we meet at Riverfront and get some BBQ sandwiches to go, take them with us and check it out? Needs to be a little warmer for me though.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 12 months ago

Yes, people in a group are much safer.

alleebrin 1 year, 12 months ago

Only with about ten bodyguards!!

Amazed2 1 year, 12 months ago

Heck the police cant even protect the Veterans Park Monuments. The Ray Charles Park removed the small sculpture ( piano I think) and placed it inside the welcome center for safe keeping. Guess they figured it would be stolen too

FryarTuk 1 year, 12 months ago

We need another police force. That will do it. Let's let the parks department have their own police department. Yes, that will do it just fine.

AlbanyIsTooDarkDuringTheDay 1 year, 12 months ago

I personally go to the park every week or so to run and soak up the sun. I'll bet most of the negative squawkers are old and have never been to the park.

jglass 1 year, 12 months ago

So sad that a positive squawk has been completely torn down and turned into something negative.

LoneCycler 1 year, 12 months ago

The river walk is a great way to get to Chehaw on a bike. Ride from Oglethorpe/Hilton Garden Inn to Cox Landing and then up Philema to the Chehaw entrance. I've done this on the week-ends many times alone and have never seen any dangerous people around.

SMHgain 1 year, 12 months ago

Haven't been down there in quite a while now but can someone tell me if the demolition of the bridge is affecting the beauty of the area?

VSU 1 year, 12 months ago

I have walked through there a couple of times, and all I saw was other people walking or running, course that was during the day, but I found it very relaxing.