The Squawk of the Day - Oct. 5, 2012

We should not have to show our driver’s license to vote. We should have to show our W2 forms.

Comments

waltspecht 1 year, 10 months ago

I like the idea that if your not contributing money, you have no say in how it is spent. Even retired folks would have a say if we used tax returns instead of W-2's.

bigbob 1 year, 10 months ago

Their wouldn't be a dem-rat in office if they couldn't by votes with hand outs.

chinaberry25 1 year, 10 months ago

Not everyone gets a W-2. People who own businesses do not get one unless they are incorporated. My opinion you should have to own property to vote. That is the way it use to be in the beginning and this country was great! This is the reason they say a Democracy will not work. The lazy will out vote the producers and we all lose.

USTPC 1 year, 10 months ago

I disagree with only those owning property getting to vote but I would have no problem with limiting it to people who own property and/or pay income tax. If you are on welfare you do not get a vote.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 10 months ago

I know you are hoping this strategy will help get your Repubs elected, but recent attempts to block the minority vote failed in Pennsylvania .....a smarter judge rules!!!

VSU 1 year, 10 months ago

Idiots like you shouldn't be allowed to vote no matter what form of ID you displayed.

skilletsdirt 1 year, 10 months ago

bubbasmithidiot, read the entire article. The law will likely be enforced starting next year. It's not the law, rather the timing that the judge ruled against.

RedEric 1 year, 10 months ago

Ben Franklin said if you give those without property the right to vote they will vote themselves free beer. This doesn't work long as those providing the free beer quit and starting drinking. Giving everyone a "fair share" as Obama wants doesn't work if fair means some can stay at home and drink the free beer while others toil at keeping the country afloat. As George B Shaw said, "If you do not produce as much as you consume and maybe a little bit more then you are of no use to me."

tywebb 1 year, 10 months ago

how about a persons IQ score. you should also have to show one of those to get a drivers license

alleebrin 1 year, 10 months ago

Obummer came on like the real loser he is in the first debate!! Without a teleprompter, he acted like a dimwit who had just left a drug party! Governor Romney is clearly the best qualified to put this country back on track. I'm so grateful he wants to job, and I sure hope he has the opportunity to give it a whirl!!

sober_mom 1 year, 10 months ago

None of your options would work. What about the students in college who are full-time and will be entering the work world? Shouldn't they have the right to vote for what they want? The Presidency is a 4 year term.

Also, I am a full-time employee, student, mother, and wife and I do not own any property. My husband does. I have a W-2 and a drivers license. It worked that way in the PAST for a reason. It is in the PAST because it did not work and was changed. Everyone should have the right to vote. Not that a vote for either leading party is going to do any good this year anyway. There are always promises.

tywebb 1 year, 10 months ago

mine would work! if you're a college student then you SHOULD have an IQ high enough to vote

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 10 months ago

Didn't you state that you went to ASU? :)

Jimboob 1 year, 10 months ago

After reading the squawk and the comments I can see why the voting rights act was needed. Why don't you just say White Men Only will be allowed to vote. That's the way it was when this country started. White only, men only. Maybe just white men with blue eyes... It doesn't matter that this country is great because of ALL its people. This is the 21st century. Get with the program.

Mr_Heatmiser 1 year, 10 months ago

The hell are you talking about....

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 10 months ago

Based on the content of the previous posts, here are the proposed requirements to vote:

• Property Owner

• Sufficient IQ Test

• W2 (job for those who don't know what that for is)

Which of these only favors White Men? The last time I checked, everyone has an equal opportunity to possess satisfying amounts of each. Am I missing something, Jimboob?

Jimboob 1 year, 10 months ago

My point, which was wasted in this post, was that there should be no requirements to vote other than being a citizen and the proper age. I would favor an IQ test, but only for the candidates...

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 10 months ago

Why do you feel the only requirements should be citizenship and age? I'm curious of your rationale, and I failed to see anything mentioned in your previous post.

VSU 1 year, 10 months ago

Jimboob needs to lay off the sauce! Nobody mentioned anything about race until Jimboob made that racist comment.

tywebb 1 year, 10 months ago

according to the boob......i'd still be able to vote! woohoo......adios obumma!

Clyde 1 year, 10 months ago

Any predictions for the 2nd round? I expect a better prepared Obama next time but still can't say it will make it any better because you can't hide the facts, the numbers. All of the things that are not from the mouths of either one but from the facts we all have when we look at the last four years. Also, what's up with Obama refusing to actually DO something about the planned murder of U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Libya, Ambassador Stevens and three other embassy staff??? He mentioned it and then....nothing. Something is very strange to me about that.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

He won't be a bit smarter and won't have a teleprompter but He might wedge a teeny tiny hearing aid in His ear so His "handlers" can whisper to Him how to answer the questions.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 10 months ago

Obama will win in November........take that to the bank BUBBA!!!

doingwhatisright 1 year, 10 months ago

You're probably right...why give up a President who believes himself to be the divine leader? Unfortunately, Hilter and Stalin also believed they were and look what happened. Maybe, China will rescue us from the obamabond. Right, bubbasmithredneckgottagetminefreecauseiain'tbeworkingfortheman?

PJOHNSON11 1 year, 5 months ago

People who can only quote something which was not orignially said by them can be said to not have an opinion of their own, instead follow the opinion of others.