The Squawk of the Day - Oct. 6, 2012

It’s quite humorous seeing all the political posts on Facebook from former high school classmates. I can’t help but thinking, “You were in idiot back then, what has changed to make you think anyone cares about your political opinions?”

Comments

LuLu 1 year, 11 months ago

Yikes. Maybe Facebook isn't the right place for you.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 11 months ago

Maybe this squawk is for the younger demographic.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 11 months ago

I think all of us who are on Facebook can attest to having acquaintances on FB who clutter our news feed with misguided political rambling. .

chinaberry25 1 year, 11 months ago

What gives you the right to judge your classmates? If you think they are idiots, what do they think of you? Surely out of touch with reality. From this statement, let me tell you what I KNOW about you. You are most definitely a control freak, most likely many failed marriages, (imagine that) and probably a bitter person who has never enjoyed life. So my advice to you is to unfriend those idoits, God forbid that they disagree with you, and move on with your bleak life. You are one of the reasons I never attend any class reunions anymore. Same old crowd that has never gotten over themselves.

AlbanyIsTooDarkDuringTheDay 1 year, 11 months ago

The squawker is not the only one with friends on Facebook who have stupid political rants. I have a lot of friends who post stupid things about Obama and/or Romney. I dont think the squawker was saying his/her friends were stupid or that he/she was better than those misguided Facebook friends. I took it that the squawker was fed up with seeing those stupid political posts.

waltspecht 1 year, 11 months ago

Must be about the same way I feel about Actors and Athletes expressing their Political expertise, and getting media support to spread it. I can well remember when Ragen was running. A Nicaraguan friend asked if we knew we were voting for an Actor? He was absolutely astonished that Americans would believe anything the man said. Afterall, he existed in a fantasy world.

revolutionnow 1 year, 11 months ago

I'm beginning to think that we are voting for actors in every election!

daisymae 1 year, 11 months ago

I see all the political ramblings too on Facebook and think, Good Lord, this is what drugs do to the brain.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 11 months ago

I post nothing about this dumb squawk.