Squawk of the day - Oct. 9, 2012

"I was completely embarrassed by how some Braves fans acted in the eighth inning. I would have expected that from Phillies fans. Stay classy, Atlanta."

Comments

chinaberry25 1 year, 6 months ago

Why are you surprised? Now you see why children are so bad.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 6 months ago

Those people set a terrible example for the children who were in attendance by acting as such.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 6 months ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................

PatrickY2K 1 year, 6 months ago

I knew before I clicked on the Squawk that with only 8 comments, it wasn't about Obama or the DCSS.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 6 months ago

There are only so many times one can beat a dead horse.

VSU 1 year, 6 months ago

Fans are getting rowdy these days. They egged and rolled the Bulldogs quarterrback's (Murray) house after Georgia lost to South Carolina. The fans in Kansas City cheered when their starting quarterback got injured and had to leave the game. The Braves fans had a right to be angry after that rotten call. (6 umpires and they still couldn't get it right) It was unsportsmanlike for the fans throwing bottles and stuff on the field as some fell short and hit other fans in the head, but I guess Braves fans are frustrated and the umpire makes a bad call that might have made a difference. Maybe...maybe not.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 6 months ago

If this had happened at an event in Albany, this behavior would have been deemed "thuggish."

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 6 months ago

It's a good description no matter where or when it occurs.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 6 months ago

As long as the "name calling" goes both ways. :)

coachjohnson42 1 year, 6 months ago

wow...I actually agree with you Sherwood_Eagle_Alum..........Now you see the double standard!!!!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 6 months ago

Did you see the actual people that were throwing stuff?

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 6 months ago

Not on TV, but at the game you could see the people. There were men, women, college students, and grown-@$$ adults. Let's just say the racial composition at the Braves game was not the same as a FVSU - ASU football game.

waltspecht 1 year, 6 months ago

I can remember Beer Bottles flying out on the field at Ebbets field in Brooklyn when the Dodgers played real ball. I only probably attended four games there, but did get to see the thrown bottles. The Cops applying Blackjacks to the offenders and I even remember Players going up into the stands after fans. I guess Baseball is just getting back to it's roots. Wonder if the next Bench Clearing Brawl will involve Bats?

hotdog 1 year, 6 months ago

Sounds like a Hank Williams Jr concert to me...

TrixibelleBento 1 year, 6 months ago

It's just a game! The mob mentality is so ridiculous.