Squawk of the Day - Oct. 14, 2012

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Shine a light.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

Is that you bubbavet_rureel........ coachjohnson42........ bubbasmithredneck.......... lynn227????

It's dark up in 'err where you head is and there ain't enough room to get a flashlight up in 'err!

lynn227 1 year, 10 months ago

Having a different opinion than you is a good thing. We are not robots or clones. Keep my handle out of your dirty mouth!

chinaberry25 1 year, 10 months ago

If you are trying to imply that we are ignorant because we like Romney, then it is not shining through. Folks in this town are not deep thinkers, so you need to just say it not hint at it for it will go completely over their heads. No, Sister Ruby, it is not Coachjohnson or bubbaredneck, they do not think any higher than the first hierarchy of need.

RedEric 1 year, 10 months ago

Maybe he means like giveaway degrees. I can get a Phd for a few hundred bucks and then I will be smart. There is a lot of schools that will do that. Some local. Then I could get a new job...no, a position. I could be head of a large group of people and a great big office. Or maybe he means I can find an empty building and start a church. Call myself Bishop or Apostle or whatever. Women love that, I could minister to them. I can't believe they still fall for that. Then I could get myself elected to public office, or sue to get in, and then all that government money would be mine. Is that what squawker means?

waltspecht 1 year, 10 months ago

Why not credit the author? D.J. Borstein being one to claim at least partial authorship. It is a fact of human life that people are educated beyond their ability to absorb and understand so they use opinion as fact.

1d2ec 1 year, 10 months ago

That explains A LOT. Like The Peter Principle.

dmyers80 1 year, 10 months ago

WOW... Its amazing what gets turned it a political argument... I just took it as pretending to be smart isnt the same thing as being smart.... Well said waltspecht!

TheMember 1 year, 10 months ago

i have read all the comments over and over, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I have yet to see anybody making this political. What are you talking about???????

watchman 1 year, 10 months ago

Having lived on this earth for many years, I will readily admit, I am not nearly as knowledgeable about many things as I though I was years ago and so now, I watch and keep quiet most of the time.