Squawk of the Day - Oct. 15, 2012

The Georgia Throwdown is one of the best things to happen in Albany in a long time. The music was great and the crowds were friendly and orderly. It was a great experience.

Comments

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

No gunfights, or gangfights ruining things like they did the 4th of july shows.

Bulldawg 2 years, 1 month ago

How is stating a fact about the fights on the 4th of July ruining it? Sometimes, the truth hurts.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

Exactly Bulldawg, I am stating the positive about how nice it was to have an event without any fights going on and Da Cockroach accuses me of ruining it. Then again what else would you expect?

Bulldawg 2 years, 1 month ago

I agree. I had a great time. I am with you, I think CCR would be an awesome addition to the already great line up.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 1 month ago

LOL!!! Da Cockroach! That's better than Da Crotch!

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 1 month ago

That's what happens when you can't get in unless you pay for it.

Albanite 2 years, 1 month ago

There was a lot of crime. Our car was one of about a dozen that were broken into Saturday night - that we know of. Drugs were EVERYWHERE.

FryarTuk 2 years, 1 month ago

No negatives please! Every aspect from ingress to egress can be described by superlatives only. Best 3 day rock show I've been to since Atlanta Fest at a Byron soybean field in 1970.

tocar 2 years, 1 month ago

There was organization and decent people who appreciated the throwdown came and enjoyed. We can have events without gunfights or gangfights. There were charges for tickets to see this and streetwalkers will not pay to get into anything. It is sad when free events cannot be held without idiots destroying the moment.

RedEric 2 years, 1 month ago

I am very happy for the success of the event. Mostly for Albany, but also for the organizers. It is a great reward for all of the effort that they obviously put into it. Congratulations and thank you very much!!

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 1 month ago

My family had a very enjoyable evening Saturday night. Other than a few curb crawling drunks, the people were there for one thing--to enjoy themselves and for just a moment, escape the real world. No worries about guns or thugs or gangs or any of that. Well done, Albany, well done. Can we get CCR next year?

chinaberry25 2 years, 1 month ago

Bring in rap and rock and see the difference. Most of you folks had good raising and that is a great life skill that you need to have a happy fulfilling life. This is not a hard thing to do with a little love. Great happenings.

cfcarroll64 2 years, 1 month ago

It is wonderful to see positive comments here for a change.

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 1 month ago

Great job to the organizers! Nice to see an event be successful in Albany!

KaosinAlbany 2 years, 1 month ago

The REAL rock show was at the State Theater. Thanks, Stone Stephen!!

jglass 2 years, 1 month ago

I some how knew this would be a successful event. Now the headlines state they will begin planning for next years event!!!!!

Amazed2 2 years, 1 month ago

Congrats to Sam, Bo and crew!

terihdfxr1 2 years, 1 month ago

The event was great. I’m sure all of us have some things we would of liked to see, and comments of how to do it differently, but these folks went all out and it is appreciated. I went all three days and have nothing negative to say. I can’t wait for next year. Let’s get that revenue from Alabama's Bama Jam crowd. Great Job Everyone! .

FryarTuk 2 years, 1 month ago

I vote for CCR too! LS was absolutely fantastic. I'll be supporting M Acres, H Campbell & H Moon. Great job by all of you. Good vibes & karma still strong.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

I would throw in a vote for CCR as well.

alleebrin 2 years, 1 month ago

What does CCR stand for here?

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

Well it used to be Creedence Clearwater Revival, but since John Fogerty is no longer with them they are known as Creedence Clearwater Revisited.

Bulldawg 2 years, 1 month ago

I have seen revisted in concert, and they are great. If you close your eyes, you would think John Fogerty was singing. Also, Rush would be great as well. I can always listen to Rush play Tom Sawyer.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

I saw Rush in Atlanta on The Vapor Trails tour, the show opened with Tom Sawyer. it was awesome, but I don't know if Albany could get them. Yeah Revisited still has Stu cook and Doug Clifford and they sound like the original Creedence. I wouldn't mind seeing Atlanta Rhythm Section (If they are still around) come to Albany as well. I saw them a long time ago.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 1 month ago

Everyone knows who I want to come to Albany, but that's not gonna happen... they have already been here before and James "Doubledown" Howard is no longer here to bring it about. :(

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

Let me guess....Shinedown?

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 1 month ago

Almost forgot. Ate the best barbeque in my life Saturday night. It was prepared by Buck O'Neal, the chef at Henry's. He was feeding the whole working crew. His fiance is a very lucky woman. Buck not only cleans house, but LORD what that man can do for barbeque!!

ObjectiveEyes 2 years, 1 month ago

Great weekend of music and food. Orderly crowd (ok, there were a few that had too much to drink), plenty of parking (kudos to Exchangites!) made for a great weekend! Along with the headliners, some very good talent on the other stages. My family and I can't wait for next year!

Cartman 2 years, 1 month ago

The organizers worked hard and it showed. They deserve a huge pat on the back and a thank you. Bringing something positive to Albany instead of complaining, was a worthwhile goal. Great job!

Roundman 2 years, 1 month ago

This is what happens when people work -- These organizers have worked day & night, invested their hard earned money, taken the risk & produced a great weekend for all of us that enjoyed it. Best of luck in the years to come. You are right -- People will pay for quality shows. and also it keeps the trash out as they want someting for nothing. My family loved it. Great job fellows & performers were wonderful. Love seeing the young group coming up.and also -- still love the oldies that i grew up with!!!

Hoodie 2 years, 1 month ago

Didn't go nobody there was qualified for the ticket price asked....Pics on FB seemed to reflect that crowds seemed small

Bulldawg 2 years, 1 month ago

What on earth are you talking about? Have you ever been to a concert lately? Lynard Skynard and drivin and cryin alone would cost at least $75 to $100 per ticket to see them. I don't know what you mean by "not qualified," but you are sadly mistaken.