Phillip Phillips releases album cover, title

Phillip Phillips new album cover.

Phillip Phillips new album cover.

ALBANY, Ga. -- Leesburg native and American Idol winner Phillip Phillips released the title to his highly anticipated album Monday, along with the album cover.

"The World from the Side of the Moon," is Phillips' first album since being crowned American Idol earlier this year.

Phillips' first hit "HOME" shot up the charts and was the theme song for the U.S. Olympic gymnastics team during this summer's 2012 Olympic Games in London and ended up on the soundtrack of Clint Eastwood's latest movie, "Trouble with the Curve."

Comments

terihdfxr1 2 years ago

Love this cover. Cant wait to get this album/ CD

RedEric 2 years ago

Phillip has unlimited potential, and I think the best thing is we will see Phillip on this album and not a committee album.

VSU 2 years ago

The album title has a Pink Floyd ring to it from Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" Can't wait to buy the CD and listen to it.

Sister_Ruby 2 years ago

I thought that a "release" included music!?!? I've never heard of releasing a title and an album cover!?!? If iTunes ain't got the album for sale (which it don't) then it doesn't exist.

I see that Philli Philli is still wearing that gray t-shirt.

KaosinAlbany 2 years ago

That's his signature, Ruby... a T-shirt. That's his style.

ittybittyme 2 years ago

Phillip beats Luke Bryan in the talent department hands down!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

Neither one are great artists. We are all quite biased for obvious reasons. The true talent from this area lies with Mr. Posey. He won the batting title and is favored to win the MVP.

KaosinAlbany 2 years ago

That's just your opinion...

alleebrin 2 years ago

Sherwood, what talent do you have? lol All these youngsters are making big money! GOOD FOR THEM!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

I didn't say they didn't have talent. They obviously have talent, otherwise Phillips wouldn't have won American Idol. I am simply saying that everyone in SOWEGA is only jumping on the Phillip Phillips bandwagon because of where he is from. You haven't even heard his album yet. You don't know if he writes his own lyrics or plays his own music.

People who can't write, play, or produce are a dime a dozen. If he can't do these, then he will only be the flavor of the week until next years Idol.

Tonto 2 years ago

Wow, what a truly narrow-minded comment.

KaosinAlbany 2 years ago

Yep, I have to agree. Some people lack being open minded in this town.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

Tonto, since you didn't click REPLY or include the screen name of the person to which you are referring, I assume you are either talking to me or Sister Ruby, as these were the only negative comments.

Would you care to explain why you feel that way?

DebBruner 2 years ago

Sister...FYI Album titles and cover art are released before the music all the time. Sherwood. Each of the young men are very talented in their fields. You are comparing apples and oranges and they are all very supportive of each other.

Amazed2 2 years ago

But Phillip does not make me go Boom Boom like Luke!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

I am excited to see what his first album will sound like. I enjoyed "Home," so hopefully he will have others on the record with that similar style.

Jacob 2 years ago

"Neither one are great artists."

"I am excited to see what his first album will sound like"

How many personalities do you have?

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

Not every artist or band that has a label is a "great artist." Talented artists like Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, Rush, Aerosmith, Coldplay, U2, The Rolling Stones are "great." I'm sorry for not grouping Phillip Phillips into this category before his first album is released.

If you all would get over yourself and learn how to comprehend what is being said, you wouldn't have your panties in a wad over nothing. I never said he wasn't talented; I DID say that it is too early to crown him the "Leesburg Rock God." It IS appropriate to say that Posey is great due to his accolades both past, present, and to be anticipated in the future.

Jacob, I only have one personality. Admittedly, perhaps I should have phrased my first statement as, "Neither one are great artists, YET."

DebBruner 2 years ago

Sherwood. If you follow Phillip you know that he does in fact write his own songs and plays on his debut album. He has written co-written a majority of the songs on this album.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

I don't follow Phillip too closely. I listen to his music whenever it is on SiriusXM. I DO know that his hit single was co-written by Drew Pearson and Greg Holden and not Phillip himself. This is why I said that I hope his album is good.

DebBruner 2 years ago

George Strait doesn't write or product his songs and he has made tons of money for those who have that talent and is top in Country music.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

Britney Spears didnt write her songs and she made tons of money. Does that make her a "great artist?"

Before I get slammed by the Albany Sheep, I appreciate the talent that Strait possesses. I was pointing out the flaw in Deb's logic.

DebBruner 2 years ago

Flaw in my logic? I was actually pointing out the flaw in yours that an artist has to do all three to be successful and not just the flavor of the week as you stated. There are a lot of successful and yes even great artist that don't write or play instruments.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

Deb, please work on your reading comprehension. I never said or implied that Phillips or anyone else had to do all three to be great. There was a word I used; that word was "or," by using "or" instead of "and" means that he doesn't need to do all three.

A person who sings, but doesn't play an instrument or write his or her own songs is a singer not an artist or musician.

FryarTuk 2 years ago

Look, when Steven Tyler of Aerosmith and Dave Matthews of DMB label Phillip Phillips' talent and performances as great you can write it down. They are after all the essence of summa pop art achievement. You can take their words for it over say, someone whose only show of talent has been the winner of a booger eating contest at a bible skool.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

If Dave says Phillip is solid, then Phillip is solid. If Fryar lets us in on his deepest insecurities by continually trying to insult someone with a private school education then it is simply another day.

Stay pathetic, my friend.

- S.E.A.

Jacob 2 years ago

LOL Speaking of pathetic, you sure spend a lot of company time explaining what you really meant to say, backtracking and rephrasing. Once again, thanks for the entertainment.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years ago

I have to find something entertaining to do while on conference calls. It's almost a full time job explaining to people like you who have little/no reading comprehension skills.

Keep trolling my comments, my friend.

- S.E.A.

FryarTuk 2 years ago

Snerwood, you don't have an education, private or otherwise. You have a diploma.