Squawk of the Day - Oct. 17, 2012

Comments

coachjohnson42 1 year, 9 months ago

This just in....Obama smashes Romney in round two of the debates!!! Mitt just could not answer the bell on 1) Libya 2) contraception 3) his tax plan 4) His pension 5) his comparision to BUSH 6) The middle class taxes 7) immigration and deportation 8) 47% 9) "the acts of terror comment"...10) foreign policy .......and finally ...keeping his composure and acting like a mature man involved in a very important debate....instead, he was rude, childish, and confrontational. VERY UN-PRESIDENTIAL LIKE!!!

Congrats to President!!!! You will be re-elected!!!

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 9 months ago

Troll drinking Kool-Aid. Please ignore!

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

no intelligent reply......PLEASE IGNORE TAX BOY!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Only CJ42 would insult someone about their tax paying status. I guess he wouldn't know anything about paying income taxes.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

Only a nerd would insult the Coach........his points cannot be stopped!!! You lose again....hehehe

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

What I read said the "Pundits give SLIGHT EDGE" to B.O. That is a L-O-N-G WAY from a smash. Don't know what you been smokin but I bet it is illegal!

WeAreThey 1 year, 9 months ago

The President spent most of the debate trying to prove Mitt is a closet moderate. Why? Does he really think that if he outs Romney then all the Repubs will vote for Obama?

Listen up, all you undecided and Independents !! Mitt is a Moderate and proud of it! Barack Obama believes it and so should you ! Vote for Mitt-in-the-middle!

sam_ga 1 year, 9 months ago

Only thing Mitt is is called etch-a-sketch; he keeps on changing based on whom he is talking to. To his supporters he said 47% are not responsible so he he is going to ignore them. Then in public he said he is for 100% of the people.

VietVet1 1 year, 9 months ago

A123 Systems was approved for a $241.1-million grant from the Obama administration three years ago and more than $125 million in Michigan tax credits in the hopes that it would create jobs and lead the country away from conventional gas-guzzling vehicles and toward clean energy. The company has drawn about $129 million of the federal grant so far. Since 2009, the company has lost a reported $857 million, laid off workers and recalled its products. A123's stock price has plunged from $4.44 about a year ago to 6 cents Tuesday morning.

This is how Obama leading America! Folks we can't afford another four years!

Now regarding the squawk - great job Sam & Bo - if there were more folks like you two in both leadership and as individuals Albany would be such a laughing stock.

Bulldawg 1 year, 9 months ago

Hey Coach, did you just not read the squawk before you commented? You must be a bigger moron than I thought. I think your Kool Aid was spiked with a little George Dickel this time.

MRKIA 1 year, 9 months ago

ONE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT ASU'S HOMECOMING GOES OFF WITHOUT INCIDENT AS WELL.

TRUTH101 1 year, 9 months ago

SMH.....It sure will do more for the local economy......

RedEric 1 year, 9 months ago

This guy was watching the cartoon network!

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

Back to the squawk. I agree 100 percent!

chinaberry25 1 year, 9 months ago

I did not attend, but I am glad for anything that will help bring money into Albany and give the young folks something to fell good about. Any race black or with need a feel good feeling!

Witchita 1 year, 9 months ago

Nimrod Johnson Always wants to pull everything to Obama. What can you expect from an uneducated poser!!!

43cop 1 year, 9 months ago

coachjohnson48: Don't know what channel you watched, but just the opposite is true. Romney kicked his a__ again and will continue to do so throught November.

Now, THANKS to Bo & Sam for an excellent weekend and thanks for your community support. Sorry, I just had to mention the above along with these community minded two (2) individuals.

jglass 1 year, 9 months ago

And, what on God's green earth does coachjohnson42's comment have to do with the squawk? He needs to be BLOCKED from commenting!!! Glad to know that the throwdown was a huge SUCCESS!!!!

nowinalabama 1 year, 9 months ago

Aw, let the coach say what he wants. I need a good laugh after my coffee.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

jglass, if you did not have the opportunity to go to the Throwdown, you missed a FANTASTIC event. First time in a long time that there was something in Albany that was not screwed up by gangs or thugs....Even the food (bbq made by Henry's Buck O'Neal) was good. Thanks again to the organizers. Ya'll did good!

rightasrain 1 year, 9 months ago

Why all the trauma about Obama? I made up my mind in 2008 that I will not vote for Obama in 2012. If blacks can (and do) blatantly say that they are voting for Obama because he's black; I vote for Romney because he's white. 'Nuff said; don't like it? Tough.

gotanyfacts 1 year, 9 months ago

Coach, like Obama, has the ability to see what he wants to see regardless of the truth. With regard to Libya: Romney was correct in that Obama and his administration attempted to potray the attacks as a spontaneous offshoot of protests over a video. Transcripts show Obama's statement in the Rose Garden to be about terrorist attacks in general. He does not call the attack in Libya a terrorist attack. The argument that the President was referring to the Libyan attack collapses when, time after time over the next two weeks, the President, and his spokespeople repeatedly identified the video as the culprit and at the same time claimed the need to wait for a complete investigation when asked if the attack was an act of terrorism. Coach reminds me of the child who closes his eyes, covers his ears and hums loudly in order to avoid the unpleasant truth.

Bulldawg 1 year, 9 months ago

I agree. I would call what Romney said an "Inconveinent truth" that Obama refuses to recognize.

TheBoss 1 year, 9 months ago

I think da Crotch must work for the Albany Hearld... cause his stupid comments never would be posted had they came from Shinedownfan.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 9 months ago

I know, right!?!?! They still monitor everything I comment or reply on. :(

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

Nothing Da Cockroach says ever makes any sense, don't know why the herald prints such garbage.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

VSU was one of those "binders of women" Romney was talking about....hahaha!!

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

Stick a sock in in coach.

mti5775 1 year, 9 months ago

Coach, I guess your defering from the squawk like Obama from the truth! You must have been listening to only Chris Matthews about the debate. Like he said when Barrack was elected in 2008, we have to do everything we can to ensure this presidency looks good. Which, if you decipher what he was saying, lie through your teeth no matter what the cost.

Jimboob 1 year, 9 months ago

It sure didn't take much to hijack the squawk this morning. Yes the organizational skills of these two fine gentlemen are evident. However I would doubt they would be interested in saving Albany from itself...

Amazed2 1 year, 9 months ago

Hope not but there will probably be so trouble during the ASU Homecoming week. Too many ego, s to many Thugs. Best of Luck

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

THE SQUAWKER SAID . . . "What a great weekend at the Georgia Throwdown. Very well done — thanks to the young folks who worked so hard to do something positive for Albany and South Georgia. Can’t wait until next year. Sam and Bo need to run for public office — we desperately need their leadership and talent!"

AMEN AND AMEN! Went to the Boy Scouts Wild Game Dinner last night and the two topics were what a great dinner and what a great Throwdown! Two events that are epochal.

scooby62 1 year, 9 months ago

I didn't get to go inside,but my husband and I shot off our cannon at the Flag Lowering all three nights. It looked and sounded like it was a lot of fun. Maybe we'll get to go inside next year. This year though, was a little too rich for my blood.

Duane_Kelley 1 year, 9 months ago

I am glad that all had a good time at the event....from what I am hearing the Fall on the Flint festival was pretty good as well....

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

Is Carlton Fletcher picking the Squawks of the Day this week??

Clyde 1 year, 9 months ago

I've been screaming "BO HENRY FOR MAYOR" for couple years now. Awesome weekend, great venue and it all happened without a single reported mugging. One of the TV10 reports had an interview with a patron who said they came because we do not have events at the Albany Civic Center anymore. It's a very sad thing when a person from out of town even knows that we've allowed such awful management at the civic center for so long that nobody who is in the bigtime will book here. The word has gotten out to them no doubt. That is so sad.

cfcarroll64 1 year, 9 months ago

I thought todays squawk was regarding the Throwdown this past weekend not the presidental race.

jglass 1 year, 9 months ago

FlunkyMonkey, everything I have heard about the Throwdown has been very positive. Given there were some who probably went overboard on their drinking, but just think....I have not heard of a single incident. And, they are already getting organized for next year!!! Yes, you can have wonderful events in Albany!!!!!

TheMember 1 year, 9 months ago

The tale of two tails, wait until this weekend when da corch and BVR get together for homecoming. Lock your doors and put all your valuables out of sight. I pray there will be a civil homecoming with no incidents. I said "I pray"

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Come on now, they gonna have a good time and they gonna behave, just wait and see.

Cranky 1 year, 9 months ago

Congrats on a job well done, Carlton and to all the fellows who worked on the Throwdown. I wonder how the morons feel who made such fun of the idea when you first wrote about it way back. If I remember correctly you had very few positive comments. Anyway, congrats and I hope next year it is even bigger and better.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

Romney said...."binders of women"..........he's so funny.....

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

You're not funny coach, go laugh at yourself in the mirror.

stc1993 1 year, 9 months ago

It would be nice to have someone like Bo as mayor, we need someone with some vision that will work for Albany not just what they can steal from the taxpayers.