Squawk of the day - Oct. 26, 2012

"I wish those poll takers would call me about the election. I have a lot to say."

Comments

RedEric 1 year, 9 months ago

I have received calls with people asking who I was voting for and when I answered they hung up. That surely isn't a poll taker. Otherwise, I don't know anyone who has been called.

Cranky 1 year, 9 months ago

How about Rachel...the credit card hussy...how many calls do you get a day from her..it has gotten so bad...those darn robo-calls......one of my friends told me that even Congress is going to get into the act to try to stop it!!...sigh....she called my sister's house last night during dinner..

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

The problem is that these guys have been able to stay under the radar by using fake numbers, stolen cell numbers, etc etc. I answered one call and punched the number to talk to someone. When they answered I said I was the FBI and requested their location. I got cussed out and so bad I could not dare print what they said here! I wish I could have reached through the phone and gotten my hands around their neck!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Not sure if I would admit to that on the Internet, sister. Haha.

lmixon01 1 year, 9 months ago

You're right! This past summer I had someone steal my cell # late at night when I couldn't do anything about it! Once I got it taken care of the next day I started receiving calls and texts from people who had gotten calls from my # all the way up to 3:30 that morning! Nothing I could do but apologize. I felt really bad explaining to all of them. Turned out that it was some so called "Preacher" that had stolen my #!!!

waltspecht 1 year, 9 months ago

Polsters call, I answer them the same each time. "How much will you pay me for my opinion, as you are surely being paid to solicit it." These Poles are money makers, and skew results according to which group is providing the funding.

Jimboob 1 year, 9 months ago

I only give my openion to Americans. Them Poles can look out for their own country...

chinaberry25 1 year, 9 months ago

Since the popular vote does not elect the president, these would be skewed anyway. This is a push to change the electorial votes and this would be a fairer way for Democracy. The majority would rule, not a few choice states, while the others get ignored.

RedEric 1 year, 9 months ago

We are a Republic. This gives the small states a good voice in how proposals will effect them. A democracy always degenerates into chaos. A good example of majority rule changing a formally stable society into chaos would be...let's see, there surely is some near example.

Jimboob 1 year, 9 months ago

Speaking of polls, what is the standard for a write in ballot to be counted? Does the name have to be spelled correctly? Must it be legable? Both first and last name? Will "Rev" work? This is just a poll...

Bulldawg 1 year, 9 months ago

I think all you have to write is "Da Rev" and it will count as a vote. I am sure that is what BSR, BVR, and Da Corch will do. Oh, wait they are the same person. Oh well...

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

I specks if you wrote "I heard it through the grapevine" they will count it.

Bulldawg 1 year, 9 months ago

They heard it straight from the 2nd Mount Olive tree that had the grapevine attached to it. :)

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

We know Da corch votes 3 times. He goes to the voting booth 3 times a day with 3 identifications. When Da Corch comes in to vote they say sup Corch. Then he comes in to vote as BSR they ask, wasn't you in here before? No that was Da Corch, I am bubbasmithredneck. Then later BVR comes in to vote. I could have sworn I saw you in here earlier. No that was Da Corch & BSR. I am bubbavet_rureel.

Cranky 1 year, 9 months ago

I read that if it is an electronic machine, the keyboards on some of the machines will not recognize incorrect spelling of a candidate's names. Also last week I was told that in the 11th District in Georgia there was a complaint about a computer chip problem in the small plastic credit card type object you insert that you are given to vote with. Maybe you voted with one in the past? Years ago I took my Mother to vote in the small rural district she lived in here in Sowega and they used the electronic machines and had a bright yellow credit card type object we placed in the machine to record her vote. It displayed her ballot and recorded the vote electronically. I don't know if they are around anymore.

herewegoagain 1 year, 9 months ago

They do not call after normal working hours....say 8-5. The are only getting the entitled ones to answer. The 53% are at work so the 47% can stay home and talk of their free phones.

Cranky 1 year, 9 months ago

I am visiting at my sister's this month and seems the newest phone scam is the free "Disney Vacation" and they tell you that you can opt out future bothersome calls if you push the #2 key on your phone. My sister tells me she is on the NO CALL LIST and renews it every 6 months but still is bothered. I wonder if the "push the #2 key to opt out" is a new tactic to bug you but to show that the bothersome people can somehow get around the law? Since I arrived the calls are coming in at the rate of at least 2 a day, one before noon and one about 5:30 PM. Now we just let the machine pick up. Anyone else getting the free trip to Disney World.? I know you would be thrilled.....yeah right....probably all you would have to pay is $995.00 for shipping and handling. BOO HISS!!

Cranky 1 year, 9 months ago

.Excuse me. Hit the wrong key. Posted it twice.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

Just tell them "Ain't none of yo d@mn business" They could be one of your neighbors trying to see which side you own. Us or them.

Jimboob 1 year, 9 months ago

Win, Loose or Draw... I'll be glad when this is all over. It's not bad here in Jawja but when we go to Panama City it's really bad... And will get worse. I'll be glad to start getting nice e-mails from my friends instead of these political lies.

Cranky 1 year, 9 months ago

Jimboob...you talking emails or cell phone calls? I use gmail and a mail filter and mails I don't want don't even hit my spam folder.....they go right to the trash bin. If the sender isn't on my list I don't even want to see it.

daisymae 1 year, 9 months ago

Another trick those Telemarketers use is for their phone number to show up as Georgia, Florida Directory Assistance.