Squawk of the Day - Oct. 31, 2012

"Very simple. Turn your porch light on if you want trick-or-treaters; turn your porch light off if you don’t want them."

Comments

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 5 months ago

What if you have a trick-light that goes in and out for added spooky effect, and a scarecrow on a rocking chair by the door? Is he real or just a prop? Stay paranoid my friends...

Bulldawg 1 year, 5 months ago

I don't normally trick ot treat, but when I do, I prefer to egg the coaches house. Stay spooky my friends... Sorry, I couldn't resist. LOL

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 5 months ago

Now you're really starting to live out your avatar. Be the Avatar! That's the secret to these blogs.

tocar 1 year, 5 months ago

Take your children to homes of people you know or to some of the church's that are having Halloween events. Better safe than sorry. Stay with your children wherever they go.

waltspecht 1 year, 5 months ago

LORD, what ever happened to a time and place where kids could actually walk around their neighborhood safely?

nofreeloader 1 year, 5 months ago

Ahhh back in the day you carried a pillow case crammed full of treats that lasted for a week, an hoped that the sweet ole lady down the street gave you a homemade taffy apple , now they go to the xray dept at the hospital to see what tricks if any have been put into the candy. The reality of a deviant society with no regard for human life...That's scary enough.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 5 months ago

You trick or treaters are welcome at my house, just dont step in the chicken-poo and watch out for my hogs!!

VSU 1 year, 5 months ago

Nobody would want to go to your house coachjohnson42, we don't want the kids traumatized for life.

Bulldawg 1 year, 5 months ago

You have chicken poop in your yard? That's disgusting. In exchange for candy, trick or treaters could put a bunch on Romney Ryan signs in your yard!!

VSU 1 year, 5 months ago

Da corch would say "Now that's nasty"

Bulldawg 1 year, 5 months ago

I think Da corch would say "That's a bunch of stuff," like Joe "been a hidein" Biden!!

VSU 1 year, 5 months ago

Hopefully we can soon say Good (Bye)den.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 5 months ago

I let my chickens poop on the Romney signs!!! lol

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 5 months ago

YOU GOT CHICKEN POOP FOR BRAINS! IT AIN'T NO SECRET!

VSU 1 year, 5 months ago

coachjohnson has a brain?

lmixon01 1 year, 5 months ago

We trick or treat in the same area every year and always get way too much candy. The police patrol the area to keep everyone as safe as possible. Everyone is friendly and just out with their kids to have a good time. The only bad part is that more and more parents are driving their kids around the neighborhood instead of walking with them. Will I post where we trick or treat? No. I wanna keep the crime down in the area as much as possible.

Citizen_A 1 year, 5 months ago

Unfortunately trick or treating isn't saved for the young ones anymore. It has become common place for kids who are in high school and older to go door to door, not in costume, with a pillowcase asking for candy. And telling them "No" is risking retaliation...so for the past few years we have elected not to do it at all.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 5 months ago

Why do you you hate the little hungry children? Jesus said to love the children. The hungry little children can't help it if they mammas spend all the candy money on cigarettes and booze or worse.

jglass 1 year, 5 months ago

Yeah, back in the day................................It is unreal how times have changed! And, I do agree it is no longer for the smaller children, even parents are trying their hand at it. We particiipate with Trunk or Treat at our church, otherwise there is no trick or treating at our house.