Gang-leader’s funeral draws hundreds

The Albany Police Department gang Unit keeps its eyes on the funeral of reputed gang leader Dontavious Santez Luke at St. Mary Baptist Church in East Albany.

ALBANY, Ga. — Friends and family turned out by the hundreds to mourn the death of reputed Southside Bloods gang leader 24-year-old Dontavious Santez Luke at church in East Albany.

Luke was murdered by rival Rattlers gang members in the parking lot of Shackelford Shopping Center before 4 a.m. Aug. 26, according to law enforcement reports.

Four men have been arrested in connection with the killing of Luke. So far only one faces murder charges. Other murder charges are expected.

Wearing outfits from Sunday go to church clothes to T-Shirts that proclaimed “In Loving Memory of Dontavious Luke” on the front and “Money, Power, Respect” on the other, the mature and the young came to say goodbye.

“This is a humble and peaceful demonstration,” said Vondermere Upshaw, a friend of the Luke family. “Isn’t nothing going to happen like the cops think.”

The Albany Police Department Gang Unit and other law enforcement agencies stood by St. Mary Baptist Church on the 800 block of Swift Street during the funeral service. Both sides of Swift Street and streets off it were lined with parked cars.

“I have never seen this many cars out here on the street,” a neighbor who preferred not to give his name said. “It has never been like this.”

Mourners leaving the church before the body was moved to the hearse were choked with emotions. Some had other style black shirts that stated “Best in Paradise, South Side Bread.” Bread is long-standing slang for money.

“What no one will say, what no one will tell you,” Upshaw said, “is that he (Luke) gave a lot of school supplies to kids.” He was trying to get out of that. This might do some good. Wake the kids up.”

Whether older or younger very few people wished to talk about their loss or be identified. One man did say that he was Luke’s friend.

“He was cool. He had a kind heart.”

Comments

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

YEP, HE WAS A BUDDING COMMUNITY LEADER. A BOY TRYING PLAY A DEADLY MAN'S GAME.

chinaberry25 1 year, 7 months ago

Typical. Hope the cops were taking photos. This is a place to find who really belongs to the rattlers.

ladybug5 1 year, 7 months ago

its a funeral not the INVESTIGATION ROOM!!!

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 7 months ago

Do you mean interrogating room?

rightasrain 1 year, 7 months ago

What now; cannonizing a gang thug? I suppose that's their culture though.

Jimboob 1 year, 7 months ago

If the police had any B@!!s they would have topped every car after the funeral and searched it for weapons. Doesn't matter if a case can be made, the weapon’s would be off the street. They just don't take this serious enough.

tccvc 1 year, 7 months ago

jimBOOB, don't you mean any B@!!S and little thing called Probable Cause, there is a 4th Amendment in the bill of rights that's part of a document called the Constitution

WestsideMike 1 year, 7 months ago

If it gets thrown out the guns don't get given back do they? If the guns are taken away then the good guys win, don't they? He said no case, right?

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

I believe the Photo Gallery at the Gang unit got expanded by this large a turn-out. Also shows where this community places it's values

Shinedownfan 1 year, 7 months ago

"He was trying to get outta that." what, the gang??? Wasn't he the leader of it?

ladybug5 1 year, 7 months ago

DID HE TELL YOU HE WAS THE LEADER!!! EVERYTHING THE NEWS SAY "IS NOT" ALWAYS TRUE HELL!!!!

Somebody 1 year, 7 months ago

He was out at 4am fighting with gangs, he has a long criminal record, so yes, I am sure he is a gang leader. No doubt you are one of those people that thinks he was a good boy and did nothing wrong.

YOU SHOULD'A KEPT YOUR BROTHER

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

NO HE WAS NOT, HE WAS OUT SELLING BOYSCOUT COOKIES.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 7 months ago

He was more than likely trying to recruit the kids by bribing them.

daisymae 1 year, 7 months ago

He was a gang leader and his friends/family say he has a kind heart...contradictory statements but typical of these thugs. I feel sorry for his family having to deal with this. Parents need to stop being "best friends" with their kids and start being parents.

PeterWeeStraw 1 year, 7 months ago

@daisymae, you said a mouth full with that statement and it is true. Any time you co-sign on that lifestyle you are saying it is OK to be a gang member.

lovelyONE 1 year, 7 months ago

TO YOU AND DAISY NOBODY WAS SPEAKING ON THE GANG HE WAS IN REGARDLESS OF WHAT TYPE OF GANG HE WAS IN HE WWAS STILL A GOOD PERSON HE DIDNT MESS WITH NOBODY UNLESS THEY WAS BOTHERING HIM/// PLEASE FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME HOW BOUT IF YOU GOT KIDS GO TEACH THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG INSTEAD OF ON THE INTERNET TALKING BOUT A PERSON THATS NOT HERE ANY MORE

PeterWeeStraw 1 year, 7 months ago

@lovelyONE I do have kids and they are not a leader of a gang. They are a music engineer and a doctor thank you. You make it seem this is the only chose a kid has is to be a good person and be a gang leader. I do not know what kind of person he was you just don't relate a good person in a gang no matter how nice he seem. How about turning the other cheek instead you go kill the family because they mess with you. What kind of logic is that? I am talking to the kids that are still here. I volunteer my time to try to help kids see there are other options. That is what I do with my time. Why are you taking it so personnel did he protect your family? I have a opinion an it is mine thank you too.

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

Congrats to you on your children turning out to be fine members of the community.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 7 months ago

a t-shirt bearing the words "MONEY, POWER, RESPECT" at a funeral? What the hell kind of message is that?

iko 1 year, 7 months ago

At least we know the shirt maker didn't attend the Dougherty County Fool System. The words on the shirts were spelled properly.

mybrotherkeepa 1 year, 7 months ago

IT WAS A SONG HE LIKED IF U MUST KNOW

Amazed2 1 year, 7 months ago

Unfortunately being. Gang Thug with a long rap sheet is considered honorable by some. It is really ashamed that Luke lead a life that got himself murdered. If you live the life you pay with your life. Really sad that so many young people choose this way.

Pastor 1 year, 7 months ago

May this young man finally rest in peace. Let's say no more. This chapter of his life has ended. To the family and friends we extend my deepest heartfelt condolences. We also apologize for any ignorant statements we may have conveyed towards this young man. It's my prayer that others would make a strong consideration of the choices they make. Bad choices effect everyone far and wide. God bless.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

Who is "we", Pastor? I hope you mean you.

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

@ Sister Ruby. I really hope your name is not affiliated with being a sister of the church, because your postings does not reflect any godliness.

wino3800 1 year, 7 months ago

Tell me you're kidding....he was a gangster. He was responsible for his choices. He was stupid.

bubbavet 1 year, 7 months ago

Maybe it should have been recorded so the youth could see where it will lead them.

PeterWeeStraw 1 year, 7 months ago

@Pastor how can you say "Let's say no more"? Do we wait until a retaliation killing happens? These are young people sometimes they do stupid things as you might well remember your youth. We all need to be talking about this event helping these young people understand this is not the job for a long life.

iko 1 year, 7 months ago

Where did his "money, power and respect" get him?

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

WHAT MONEY, WHAT POWER, WHAT RESPECT? THE MOST MONEY SPENT ON HIM WAS TO BURY THIS CREEP. THE ONLY RESPECT HE HE LIKELY GOT OUT OF FEAR AND HE WAS NOT POWERFUL ENOUGH TO STOP A BULLET.

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

@ MrKia; I'm pretty sure you have been a creep at least once in your life. Oh wow! you're acting like a creep now, because you're calling someone else a creep. That's not necessary to call someone out of their name, especially when their unable to defend themselves. Did you not know he is dead?

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE UNABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES AGAINST HIM DURING HIS BRIEF RUN AS A GANGSTER?

Jacob 1 year, 7 months ago

Well, that one guy did pretty well, didn't he?

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

NO DEBATE ABOUT THAT. IN HOOD PARLANCE: HE GOT CAUGHT SLIPPIN', CHALK IT UP TO THE GAME. AND THATS REAL!

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

When the day comes; will you be able to defend yourself? You talk like a coward, so I'm pretty sure you would be defenseless. Peace!

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

I'VE MANAGED TO SURVIVE SO FAR. HAVING RUN ON SOME OF HARDEST STREETS OF S. FLA I'M NOT EASILY INTIMIDATED. USUALLY IT'S ME MAKING ONE OF YOU HILLBILLIES CALL FOR ASSISTANCE BUT I DON'T LOOK FOR TROUBLE. BUT IF YOU GET ON MY RIDE, YOU DON'T GET OFF UNTIL I SAY SO. DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME.

Somebody 1 year, 7 months ago

What? No 24 glock salute? They are treating him like he is a national hero. A national hero is someone fighting for our country, not our local gangs.

johnwallace 1 year, 7 months ago

I don't feel sorry for this young man he got what he planted or say you reep what you sew .yes I am a black male and comming up in the late 80's was tuff I live with my late mother and my late grandparents and the made sure I went to school and got an education .they were so strick that they knew where I was all the time even my neighbors had the right to get on to me when they seen me acting up I use to get mad .but now as and Adult I thank God for my Mother And Grandparents and my Neighbors they keep me honest and made me a man all of them have past on but I love them all .you see people young people don't have parents they have friends they grow up seeing there mon and dad in gangs and robbing ,drinking smoking cheating the system saying white america owe them. white america don't owe black america nothing we owe ourselves .we need to stop this gang thang. we need to as Black people need to come together you take any other race they don't kill each other hurt each other they love there race of people .What I am trying to point out that is our black race will soon destruct we will be come instinct we are our own time bomb let stop this gang thang TODAY !!

lovelyONE 1 year, 7 months ago

nobody ask you to feel sorry did this artical ask you to say if you feel sorry or not yall need to do better . find something else to beside being on here talking about someone that is gone. gots to be more careful and you black shame on you his family didnt ask for no sympathy and the type of person he was he wouldnt want that neither. speak on what yall know about

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE BROKEN DOWN DRAMA QUEEN. LUKE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CAREFUL.

PeterWeeStraw 1 year, 7 months ago

You are out of control sista, you are the comment patrol person seem like you have a vested interest in everything being said. You cannot undue what has been done. You can't explain or defend it away. Despite everything said I have moved past this because we can't and won't bring him back. There is nothing more that can be added to his legacy. We can talk about his legacy because it is interesting. People do have a right to disagree with how you feel. I hope he is resting in peace.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

NOW THIS IS A TRUE "BLACK""MAN" COMMENTING.WELL SAID SIR, YOU HAVE MY RESPECT.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

JUST WATCH, IN A MOMENT THIS WON'T BE MURDER; THIS KINDLY YOUNG GENTLEMAN WHO GAVE THE CHILDREN SCHOOL SUPPLIES WAS ASSASSINATED. $50.00 WORTH OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES AND HIS CHARACTER DOES A 180*.

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

Whether it was $50 or $5; what have you given to the needy, besides negatives post and you do that by hiding behind your computer.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

THE SAME AMOUNT YOU GAVE. IS SM1716 YOUR REAL NAME? HE MUST HAVE GIVEN YOU SOME SCHOOL SUPPLIES. I WOULDN'T ACCEPT A SHEET OF PAPER FROM THIS CREEP. NEXT HE WOULD GIVEN THEM CRACK.

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

It seems you know much about crack. How much crack did he give you or shall I say how much crack have you given to others, since you know so much about it.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

I KNOW IT KILLS THE BUYER AND THE SELLER.

Pastor 1 year, 7 months ago

@PeterWeeStraw I have been there. The consequences are relevant everyday you are involved in wrong activities. We cannot add to or take away anything this young man has done. He has to deal with that with his maker. It's no secret that he didn't live a spotless life. None of us have. Everyone can do some good for someone else even though they may be in a bad situation. When I said say no more I would like to suggest we try to find something positive that can come from this instead of ridiculing their efforts of mourning. No one from any entity was there on a large public scale at the funeral trying to reach these kids. This was a prime opportunity if they wanted to make a difference with at least one. It's easy to hide behind the keyboard and say belligerent things. How many people here posting are willing to step outside of their comfort zone. Not many. How many are willing to offer them jobs. Not many. How many are willing to be a mentor. Show them how to start a business. Draft a business plan. Etc. Where are the role models showing them what success truly is. You must deal with their morals and values to change the learned behaviors they have attained. Who's willing to show them something different. There are 90,000+ individuals in Dougherty County. These alleged gang members (kids) make up way less than 1% total population. Are we to major on the minor or can we use the negative energy to bring about a positive change? These kids are human beings and not animals. They are not waking up everyday trying to figure out who they are gonna rob or kill. A few do stupid things and they suffer the consequences. In any organization you have a few bad apples. That's life!

PeterWeeStraw 1 year, 7 months ago

@Pastor, I am just saying we can't sort or kinda address this. Either its wrong or it is right. We can talk about the good he did it was not the good that got him in trouble RIGHT? I do volunteer and I talk and mentor young men. I hate it when the community say lets not talk about this situation when it is all over the news. You have people on here saying the police, media and everybody is wrong about this young man. Everybody WRONG only the people in his circle really know what really was going on with him. C'mon. I am not calling anyone out and I am sure you are a good person with good intentions. PASTOR, I am saying this should be a mens conference topic where we can talk about what went wrong here with the young men of the community. Listen to what they have to say and show them this is not as good as it might seem. This young man can't impact that anymore we can use his life as an example. PEACE...

tommybeall 1 year, 7 months ago

This whole story is a joke, right?...

BLUWANNA 1 year, 7 months ago

HOLD UP!!!!THIS IS STILL A SON & A FATHER TO SOMEBODY!!! HE HAS DID ALOT 2 HELP HIS COMMUNITY..NO ONE IS PERFECT AND ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE HIM...JUST BE GLAD YOU WASNT OUT THERE THAT NIGHT!!! SOMEONE IS DEAD & GONE AND ALL WE CAN DO IS FIND NEGATIVE THINGS 2 SAY ABOUT THIS PERSON..HIS CHARACTER AS A PERSON DREW HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE NOT HIS AFFILIATION..

USTPC 1 year, 7 months ago

Just be glad I was not out there? It was 4 AM...a time when most law abiding folks are home in bed unless they are working the graveyard shift. What was he doing out there?

Jacob 1 year, 7 months ago

the ability to get some ignorant welfare queen knocked up does not make one a father. if he was a father, even a little bit, he would have not been in a criminal gang. he would have been taking care of his child, working, and showing him how to be a man, instead of a thug

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

Yessssssssss........you told em Jacobbbbbb....!!!!!!!

Margie 1 year, 7 months ago

It is a very sad story, and his physical death may not have ended his life of hell. 24- years old, still a young man that should have been doing something better and good with his life. The newspaper article sends a terrible message, and attention need not come with this type of life style. I offer my sympathy to the family for their loss. But, it will be a good time for this young man's family to begin the process of trying to make something good come out of his death as a result of gang participation. Begin to speak to his friends, and other potential gang members and convey to them the pain of their loss of a life wasted. Maybe seeing the tears of a mother, father, sister, brother, or grandparent will reach the core and the heart. And if nothing else, if one young man or woman turn away from the gang life style and give his/her life to Jesus, the angels will rejoice. Life on earth is not the end. There is eternal life, either in heaven or hell. One might might ask, who says, and I repsond the Word of God, and if that is not enough to convince anyone, my only other recommendation would be to die, and find out. But, that will be taking a gamble, because those who have died before hasn't returned to say otherwise.

BLUWANNA 1 year, 7 months ago

THIS MAN STILL WAS A FATHER & A SON 2 SOMEONE..A MAN IS DEAD & GONE AND ALL WE CAN DO IS SPEAK NEGATIVITY...HE HAS DONE THINGS 4 HIS COMMUNITY..NOONE IS PERFECT SO GOD IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN JUDGE HIM. ITS PLENTY OF PEOPLE NOT IN A GANG BUT STILL CAUSE HARM TO ONE ANOTHER...SO IF U CANT SAY NOTHING POSITIVE THEN DONT SAY NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

Y'all didn't watch the movie "American Ganster"? All the gangstas give stuff to the lil chilllrunnnsss for two reasons. One, to get on their good side and trick them into trusting the thugs. Two, so that the kids will take the grass, the crack, the heroin, etc when they are older in order to keep that income coming in.

This town would be better off if EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE GANG MEMBERS IN DOUGHERTY COUNTY TOOK A BULLET IN THE HEART TONIGHT.

That would be something worth celebrating right there.

lovelyONE 1 year, 7 months ago

you look like you a church going person so how can you set your mouth to wish death on someone thats not right its gang member all over the world somebody in your family might be apart of one of these gangs no matter what you shouldnt wish death on someone

lovelyONE 1 year, 7 months ago

i wish y'all would let him r.i.p yall dont know the story you guys dont know him personally and for you guys to be on here judging him and his family dont make you guys any better. you guys are only going by the rumors and what the new say. let him REST. WHO ARE YU GUYS TO JUDGE SOMEONE ANYWAY? AT THE END OF THE DAY HE ONLY HAVE TO ANSWER TO God if some people would mind their own business then this world would be a better place. how about go out and help instead of speaking about what you dont know about. he was a good person hes also my niece father. and its not right that all of you grown ppl are so judgemental no he was not the perfect person. but his family helps out with the community ALL the times just before school started they gave out school supplies to the kids and free hair cuts not one time did the new mention that , and they do it every year he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time things happen stop dragging him thru the dirt. what if this was one of you guys son then how would you feel and you cant say you want be in this situation because you dont raise your kids this way smh what they wore to funeral is their business you guys steady talking about what they should could and need to do how about get together and help make something happen

USTPC 1 year, 7 months ago

First, it is unfortunate that the young man was killed but he put himself in that situation. Who is out at 4 AM?

Second, it is a fact that he was the leader of a gang...the Rattlers I believe is what has been reported. That in and of itself indicates that he was not a good person.

Third, it is a fact that he was a convicted felon.

Fourth, the fact that his family does good things in the community does not make him a good person. What my brother, sister, father, mother, aunts, and uncles do does not carry over to me...good or bad.

Fifth, the t-shirts they wore at the funeral sent the wrong message. Money and Power does not get you respect. I know tons of people who have no money that I respect much more than the majority of people who have money and power (examples of peopel with money and power but no respect....members of the DCSS board and Obama). Respect is earned, not bought.

Finally, which is it? Do I mind my own business or do I get involved? Can't do both..

lovelyONE 1 year, 7 months ago

its probably best that you mind your own business thats what probably best for you or we can sit on this thang and go back and forth all day, but at the end of the day you and everybody else thats on here trying to judge him like yall knew him personally that say alot about yall. i see that you guys make time to go out yall way to have a full conversation about someone that has past. that really shows how intelligent you and the rest of you people are. now you make the decision since you so call trying to be smart

lovelyONE 1 year, 7 months ago

all of your facts are wrong no he was not a convicted felony all those charges they said he beat all of them second of all no he was not a rattler if you wanna speak on something make sure you look deep into the details before you start speaking on something you dont know about clearly this artical says what gang he was aprt of and so what , hes gone now and yall still mad what you mad for is he apart of your family? is he your son? is he your father? is he your brother? i dont think so NOW DO YOU WANNA CONTINUE TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION BECAUSE WE CAN GO BACK AND FORTH ALL DAY I DONT HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME JUST LIKE YOU SINCE YOU TOOK THE TIME OUT TO SPEAK ON THIS

USTPC 1 year, 7 months ago

Your right, he was not the leader of the Rattlers. He was the leader of the Southside Bloods. My bad. Did not mean to associate him with the wrong gang.

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

And as one who has been known to have been called a racist by many on this board, may I ask.....was he married to the mother of the child to whom you said he had a child by or was the child yet another statistic on the DOCO welfare rolls? How sweet of him to buy school supplies and give haircuts to children but did he SUPPORT HIS CHILD OR DID MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORT THE CHILD?? Do NOT come in here telling me what a wonderful person he was if he was too damn sorry to support his own child!! Apparently he was a sorry little boy who wanted to be somebody and thought he would look all important if he joined a gang and impressed the other little boys by acting all studly. He met his match and look what it got him...a bullet and a quick blurb on the 11 o'clock news. As far as you asking the question "what if he was one of you guy's son?".....pleaseeeeeee!! I cannot even imagine the thought. To even think the day would come that I would even allow a child of mine to even get involved in a life like that makes me want to throw up...to literally scream until my head burst and I wonder how a child ends up in a situation like that. Who do we blame? Do we blame a sorry azz mother or a sorry azz father? Do we blame society? I am so sick of blaming society so why don't we blame the parents. There are so many programs available today to help people and yet we have so many people like Punky who end up with a bullet in their chest and people boo hooing and Mama saying "he was my baby, he was a good boy." Sorry, there is no sympathy here, but if you want some go to the Merriam's-Webster Dictionary and look between sh*t and syphilis.

FryarTuk 1 year, 7 months ago

Albany community has to clean up the criminal element. I believe the crime factor and school board debacle feed off each other. The school board signals to the community at large that corruption, theft, permissiveness and other antisocial behavior is accepted and excused. Two messages have to be sent clearly to the gangster elements. The first is that the police are going to aggressively enforce the laws to protect the public. To do that local governments have to reorganize policing startegies and administration. The disorganization and waste in police management in DoCo plays into the strategy of the lawless. There are at least 5 police forces paid for by strapped city/county budgets. There at least 4 more state-federal departments. There is no need for money to be spent so haphazardly. Forget the state and federal agencies, we cannot control them. The school police, county police, city police, sheriff patrol and marshall need to be consolidated into a single unit. Let the Sheriff run the jails, court house, mashall duties and civil obiligations. The taxpayers in this county cannot afford the useless spending for the policing units. When the citizens wakeup to that maybe we can do something about reducing the criminal element here. We need a Rudolph Giuliani startegy in Albany. The other message is that the DCSS rule of the corrupt rogues is over. With a little luck the voters may have just put the school board on a new footing for change. As a taxpayer and business owner I am praying.

DoughertyHighAlumni 1 year, 7 months ago

yall ppl mad cause alot of ppl showed up at a deceased person really?? C'mon ppl do better!!!

monkeyman 1 year, 7 months ago

Another young man who took the wrong path in life. I find it sad and pathetic at the turn out for a gang member. They should attend funerals of the kids killed by gang violence.

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

He was a kid that was killed by gang violence. And if his family and friends came out to support his mother and loved ones, that is their business. The people attending the funeral were friends and family. Why comment about someone attending a funeral. Please allow this kid to rest in peace and allow God to deal with his sins. Let us not forget that we all sin and no sin is greater than another. All the negative posting will not make a difference in our community, however working together to mentor troubled youth, educating youth, and being role models is more helpful than ridiculing the youths.

yemisilewis101 1 year, 7 months ago

WALB and The Albany Herald have made this man look like he was an awful person..no matter what he has done ALLEGEDLY he didnt deserve to die....whatever they had on their shirts they had the right to do so because that is their shirt...it was out of respect..what about making our streets better instead of criticizing the life, death, and homecoming of this man...no one deserves to die in this manner...And as far as the comment about culture is concern all black people are not in alleged gangs and its not about a persons culture when it comes to death and killings. Instead of making negative comments try helping make a difference in whats going on.

VSU 1 year, 7 months ago

One could make a very long list of people that didn't deserve to die.....

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

For everyone whom wants to post negative comments or to know more about the deceased and what type of person he really was, I'm sure it is not hard to contact his family to get more details about Mr. Luke. The newspaper, the news, the police, and the critics on these post does not have all the facts and neither do they know all the facts. So to get the most reliable source, just contact the family and try doing it face to face, instead of hiding behind your computers. Please post the most reliable details after you meet with the family and get the truth, maybe that will stop so many of these cruel and bitter posts.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

WHY DON'T YOU POST SOME OF THOSE "DETAILS" YOU SEEM TO KNOW EXIST.

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

@MrKia; His obituary was posted in the Albany Herald, so there' s your details. Now you have the details that is needed to contact the family, so stop being a coward and go meet and talk to them face to face, since you have so much to comment about the deceased.

USTPC 1 year, 7 months ago

I think I will rely on public records. thanks.

Moe 1 year, 7 months ago

Does anyone think we could get Judy Bowles to hang out in that parking lot at 4am?

BLUWANNA 1 year, 7 months ago

AS I STATED BEFORE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A GANG DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE GOING TO HELL OR THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD...PEOPLE ..ANYBODY CAN CHANGE...YOU GOT PEOPLE THAT WORK 8 TO 5 MONDAY THRU FRIDAY BUT GO HOME AND MOLEST A CHILD....ALL THAT JUDGING...ARE U GOD??? AS THEY STATED DO SOMETHING TO HELP BECAUSE TALKING BOUT A CONVICTED FELON..JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS BEEN TO JAIL DONT MEAN THEY DONT DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE...DO I BELIEVE IN A GANG.?? NO AND PRAY MY SONS WILL NEVER ATTEMPT TO BE IN ONE AS LONG AS I HAVE BREATH IN MY BODY...BUT IF THEY DO SOME STUPID WILL I JUDGE THEM AND TURN MY BACK ON THEM...NO BECAUSE IF GOD JUDGED US WE WOULDNT BE HERE....YOU IS PERFECT I GUESS!!

Jacob 1 year, 7 months ago

"JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A GANG DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE GOING TO HELL"

Sure it does. WHere do you think he went?

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

YOU MEAN THE SCHOOL SUPPLIES WON'T GET HIM WINGS? SHOULD'A HAD A RED BULL.

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

The Red Bull will be saved for you, because I'm sure you will need that and much more.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

lovelyONE how dare you criticize my church. At my church we teach the young mens to live a pure life, not run around all night hanging out at the clubs, not to knock up every girl they see and then runnoft to the next Ho, to work hard, get married, do more than is expected in order to get ahead at work and in life, to not lie, not cheat, not steal. And when they achieves the inevitable success, to share with the less fortunate, helping lift them up to a higher plane rather than just handing out free stuff to lazy bums.

YOUR church must do the exact opposite.....standing tall for the liars, cheaters, thieves, fornicators, and drug dealers whether they be in a gang or work for the DCSS.

lovelyONE 1 year, 7 months ago

and you a church going person ? i just laugh sooooo loud but you talking bout "ho" lol ok sister ruby thats what the church teach but does everybody in the church go by those rules? if they did then we want have the type of ppl we have in this world today im pretty sure every church teach that. what church do you attend that got you talking bout "ho" very intelligent and for your FYI i wasnt saying anything about your church i was talking about YOU but you just prove my point though you enjoy SISTER RUBY

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

I am a Major Prophetess. I don't GO to any one church, the church comes to ME.

one_love 1 year, 7 months ago

With much respect prophetess, govern yourself accordingly. I too stand in the office of a prophet and knowing the God I serve, you may as well be in a gang along side the Bloods or the Rattlers. One sin is not greater than the other...they all will send you to hell, we are snared by the words of our mouth, the power f life and death lies in our toungue. This young man was a living breathing soul and deserves respect,compassion, love and understanding, because obviously the "church" dropped the ball, stop waiting for the lost to come to the church, the church is suppose to be going after the lost. When a person has not been taught better in any fashion ( spiritually, morally, ethically) how do you expect better? God said his grace is sufficient.... He looks not at the outward appearance of man, but of his heart. He has his own faults to hold account of, who are you to judge? Will the streets be safer if gangs were not there...possibly...you don't wish death on anyone unless you wish the same sentence on yourself. The same God you love, loves you and every other sinner in this world. The same God that says vengeance are mine is the same God that is fair and just. He reigns over the just and the unjust. So, Prophetess, lets take a look at our hearts and not the title it will be a sad day if the people that come to you spend eternal life with Jesus and you spend it in hell. It is time to evaluate self. My deepest sympathy goes out to the families and friends. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Take the time and energy you have in your time of mourning and channel it to educating the lost and the children in the city, not just your community, because the problem is bigger than just one community. God bless

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

MR. LUKE WAS FINALLY JUDGED BY THE PERSON WHO KILLED HIM. NEXT WEEK THIS EVENT WON'T MATTER ANYMORE. EVERYONE WILL GO BACK TO DOING WHAT THEY NORMALLY DO AND THUG LIFE WILL CONTINUE. GET READY TO SEE MORE OF THESE YOUNG MEN BURIED OR IMPRISONED, WHICH IS A LIVE BURIAL.

Shinedownfan 1 year, 7 months ago

Just like The Offspring says in their song "One goes to the morgue and the other to jail, one got wasted and the other's a waste.".

one_love 1 year, 7 months ago

I am against drugs, violence, gangs etc. I educate my kids about the consequences spiritually and the consequences of death and prison and everything else involved. As a woman of God I must be truthful. We have no heaven or hell to put anyone in. People say he is going to hell because of his behavior, but then that goes against the reason why Jesus Christ died on the cross.... He died for every sin we could ever commit. God says his grace is sufficient and then He goes on to say that God looks at a man's heart. It also says you can't work yourself into heaven. I think that to pass judgment is the wrong thing to do. You are entitled to your opinions, but I don't think it is worth the trouble that will come your way for not knowing how to love one another unconditionally. God loves us all, believers and unbelievers and he will avenge us all. When all is said and done and the world ends, no one will be concerned about little Johnny on the street corner, you will be concerned about what is written in the book of life under your name. Change starts inside and can spill over into other areas that need change. It is sad that you can get on here to talk about a person, you are too a part of the problem in this world. No love for human life. This is the world you want your kids to grow up in....there is no change, because you have yet to see the answer and that is the love of Jesus Christ. The world didn't change until Jesus was born out of love for us and died out of love for us. That is why very few is going to make it. It's not just about how much you love Jesus, but it is also about how much you love each other. So many people have so much hurt and frustrations and fears in their lives that when you squeeze them all you get is lemon juice and some you get nothing at all because you are all dried up from being all cried out. In Christ there is freedom. God bless

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

sm1716 1 year, 7 months ago

@agirl_25; please read " one_love" post

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

sm1716, please read the last line of my prior post...thanks and have a nice day

Jacob 1 year, 7 months ago

just checking in to make sure the leader of the violent street gang is still dead. cool...

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

I think he is 6' under, if that is still the standard depth......

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

God say "Your sins will find you out......". This article is proof that God don't never lie.

VeryDisgusted 1 year, 7 months ago

Everyone will have a comment wether its good or bad and I understand. The problem that I have is that no one is taking into consideration that this is someones child! Did you stop to think that maybe the family is reading these nasty comments. I may not like the life this young man lived but I have deep compassion for the family that will never see his face again. This could be any one of your children. How would any of you feel if a group of people spoke that badly about your deceased child?

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

Yes we have made comments, both good and bad. Glad you understand. Yes we take into consideration that he was someone's child and yes, probably someone from his family has read the comments. I am sure many of us, along with yourself, did not like the life this young man lived and I am sure there are some among those who expressed opinions here who feel compassion for the family who will never see him again. I disagree tho, when you say it could have been any one of our children. I would not have ever allowed a child of mine to sink into the depths of a thug life and am sure that among the many bloggers who commented on here they would agree with me. I have no idea what kind of home life he had. I know he was a son, he was a brother, he was a father....he chose a path in life and apparently it was the wrong one....and he is dead. The End.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

Errrbbbbooooodddddyyyyyyyyyy is someone ccchhiiiiiiiiillllllllllllddddddddddddddddd! Oh Sweet Lord Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if you do wrong, you got to pay the Piper.

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

There ya go VeryDisgusted.....you dun been schooled by Sister......