Dog attacks, kills 4-year-old

ALBANY — A 4-year-old boy in Seminole County died from a dog attack Wednesday, said GBI Agent Steve Turner.

Bryton Cason’s body was found before 11:30 p.m. in the deep grass of his 7986 Acorn Drive front lawn near Donalsonville, Turner said. Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, began searching after Cason’s mother, Samantha Roland, reported him missing before 8:30 p.m.

“Articles of clothing were found first. The body had bruises, lacerations, bite marks,” Turner said. “It was blunt-force trauma from a canine attack.”

The boy’s four dogs were taken into custody and examined for any evidence of the attack, Turner said. No evidence was found, he said.

Other dogs were also examined and no evidence they had participated in the attack was found. The search for the killer dog continues, Turner added.

Once the dog is found, the GBI will consult with the Sheriff’s Office on how to proceed, Turner said. Charges against the dog’s owner were not mentioned. Typically a dog that kills faces euthanasia.

Comments

jglass 1 year, 7 months ago

This has been the strangest story. Could noone hear the dog/dogs attacking this child? If the family had dogs, were they not barking at a strange dog in their yard? This is so unusual!!!

TRUTH101 1 year, 7 months ago

Something is not adding up......... How did the boy get outside? Why werent the doors locked? How did she not hear the doors open?

VSU 1 year, 7 months ago

This does seem odd, only thing I can think of is if the dogs bark all the time the barks could have been ignored as just everyday barking.

lsmitty 1 year, 7 months ago

I can't imagine a 4 yr old outside by himself, especially with dogs. Some children do not know how to behave around a dog. I am not blaming the child. The neglect falls solely on the parent(s). If the child was outside alone & the parent(s) heard dogs barking, you'd think they would check on the child. I wonder, was the child able to scream for help? If so, the parent(s) should have responded to that! Makes me wonder what the parent(s) were doing? Sleeping? So sad there are so many children dying needlessly.

TRUTH101 1 year, 7 months ago

Did she not hear her child scream?

alleebrin 1 year, 7 months ago

I sense something odd going on here. I hope this investigation goes beyond the possibility of a "dog" attack!

hometowngirl 1 year, 7 months ago

Why was a 4 year old unsupervised outside at 8:30pm? Why was the grass so tall that a body could be hidden in it? Why didn't the mother search her own front yard before contacting police? Something is off here.

TD31707 1 year, 7 months ago

If the grass was so high that you could not see the child in it, that indicates a general sorriness on the part of the people living there. Some people are too lazy to care for their own children, no way they'd worry about a yard! The difference of last names from mother to child leads me to form an opinion about them as well. It;s just sad that a 4yo lost his life due to parental neglect, this could have easily been avoided!

VietVet1 1 year, 7 months ago

Such a sad way to lose a life at his early age.

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

Let us see where this investigation goes over the next few days and weeks. In the mean time, let us grieve for a life taken at to early an age, by to vicious a manner.

tywebb 1 year, 7 months ago

having a 4 year old myself.....stories like this just turn my stomach. i can't help but imagine it was my kid. anytime i see these stories where these young children are killed, no matter how it happened, i feel sick!

ASUALUM 1 year, 7 months ago

my thing is...if indeed she was concerned about the where about of her child, wouldn't she have looked outside if he wasn't in the house? and if she indeed had looked outside, wouldn't she have seen her child laying in the grass of her FRONT YARD!!!! Something in this pot doesn't smell right!!!

tocar 1 year, 7 months ago

I grieve for the life of this precious young child and at the same time, I wonder why the Mother or an adult did not watch this child. A 4 year old is too young to go outside without physical and visual supervision. How sad! I think that this child probably cried out if attacked by a dog.