Porter named replacement judge in Heard suit

ALBANY - Superior Court Judge J. Richard Porter of Cairo has been appointed to hear Lorenzo Heard's suit against the Dougherty County Board of Elections.

Heard, the pastor at 2nd Greater Mt. Olive Baptist Church, claims he was wrongly denied a spot as an independent to run for the school board's at-large seat against Democratic nominee Lane Price.

South Georgia Judicial Circuit Chef Judge Harry Aultman appointed Porter to hear the case after all three Dougherty Circuit Superior Court Judges, Stephen Goss, Willie Lockett and Denise Marshall, voluntarily recused themselves.

This story is developing.

Comments

whattheheck 1 year, 10 months ago

Mix it up and bring it on! Get this puppy on the road.

MRKIA 1 year, 10 months ago

A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 10 months ago

He had plenty of time to announce his candidacy. I am not buying his excuse at all. It is a waste of tax money and time.

DIVABROWN24 1 year, 10 months ago

He moves on God's time!!! He does not move when you all want him too!

waltspecht 1 year, 10 months ago

Another reason for loser pays through an in place Bond Tort reform. Yes, it would make it more difficult to sue for people that don't have money. Iif it were a good case, a Lawyer would pay the Bond instead of pushing a loser suit to try and get a settlement. With the Taxpayer being the one footing the bill in this case. Or the sued individual losing money defending themselves against a frivilous suit.

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

Is Heard a REAL pastor? Huh, is he.....huh? I notice you didn't say Pastor Heard or Reverand Heard and I THANK YOU for that.....my hat is off to you.......keep up the good work and I shall keep up my constant battle to make all the pseudo (for all you honor ASU grads that means sham, fake) reverands and preachers feel a bit ashamed for trying to push themselves off as the real thing. But then I suppose they feel no shame, huh?

RedEric 1 year, 10 months ago

No he just claimed to be a minister. Not much imagination, huh? Personally I want to be a Baron...Baron RedEric, yeah, I like that. Or in the realm of made up religion I could be a Bishop. Into my chambers young lady and the Bishop will minister to you. This Heard guy is onto something. Five million to send children around the block on a bus. You gotta admire his chutzpah.

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

He sure is...lol..you should see the excuses I get from Bishop's office from his lackeys as to why there is no grant money available..hahahaha...for white folks like me..altho they don't say it that way the inference is there..or else they give me the URL or pass me off on someone else who they know can certainly help me with my question...sure they do...lol..the lying morons....they either don't know what I am talking about or the name Sherrod in my email scares the bejezus outta them...I love it..I hope it makes them wonder what I am up to. I did find a great web page that some fella has that hates and despises government waste and all this grant fiasco and am on his mailing list..boy is he a wealth of information. Oh and by the way, Bishop RedEric.love the title....maybe I can be a titled person to...whatcha think..?....LOL..I do kinda like Queen of the World...

USTPC 1 year, 10 months ago

I personally like Baron Rederic better. ;-)

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

If we change the names, we can be a chess board......and all play....you can be Knight USTPC......how about it...wanna?

DIVABROWN24 1 year, 10 months ago

agirl_25 he is a real pastor!!!!! If you do not like it so what! You people always trying to find the fault in others, you all need to get off of your lazy BUTTS and help make the community better. But hey you might not even stay in Albany!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

divabrown24 newbie......a_girl has said a million times she does not live in Albany.

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

No miss divabrown, i don't be stayin in albany....thank goodness.. i be stayin elsewhere....but i am sorry, I do not believe for one second that Mr. Heard is a REAL pastor... I think he is someone who just decided to get up and preach and figured he may be able to use it to his advantage and if what I have read in other accounts is true............(snicker snicker chortle chortle)<(dem be laughs in case you didn't know)........... it worked. Does he really have several children by different women? And was he really married when one of the women became impregnated? Do pastors spose to do that? Looks like you got some splainin to do, Lucy....hehehe...and I be all eyes and ears so start splainin.....you sho nuff seem to know lots bout da boy and is ready to defend him so let the defense begin......

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

A-girl.....don't you realize that if Heard "moves on God's time.." that allows him to do almost anything without any repurcussions at all, especially from the Ladies in his entourage (aka "church") ??

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

Gasp!!!!!! so then it is OK that he has moved on his God's time and than "maybe" the tales I read about are true? Must be nice, huh? Now I can see why there are so many "Reverands" and "Pastors" around. I am sure Miss Divabrown will soon splain it all to us. She does have a way with words.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

This could.......and SHOULD.......be the shortest proceeding in History.

mnavie1111 1 year, 10 months ago

A girl 25 go back to darton or go to vsu wit sister ruby.

chinaberry25 1 year, 10 months ago

Oh and I quote King, he will be on the ballot come Nov. Funny if he isn't.

DIVABROWN24 1 year, 10 months ago

Amen!! And I am praying to God that he his name does appear on the ballot and if so I am voting for him!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

What if God don't like liars like Heard? "Original document shredded" what a crock! You know, diva, that God's Holy Word say "A liar not gonna tarry" right? Apostle Revills taught me that a long time ago!

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 10 months ago

This is such a wast of time. By the way, Porter has a reputation for being...lberal. He will rule in Heard's favor AND order his attorney get his fees paid at taxpayers' expense. He will admonish DoCo that "it should have known better." If this does not happen, I will be greatly surprised. But, if it does, you heard it here first.

tocar 1 year, 10 months ago

If Heard had been serious about running he would have filed everything timely and taxpayers would not have the expense of his lazy self. Seems like he is just trying to cause problems for the system. What a waste!

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

But does he know how to think for himself, tocar, or does he have to wait till someone pulls the right string?

DIVABROWN24 1 year, 10 months ago

You must be a major FOOL tocar!! He is serious and he filed when he felt it was time. But you people do not want to see a good man have the job. But it is okay because if God is for him no man and I mean no man can come against him.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

They's sho some crazy ass peoples here in this town.

Citizen_A 1 year, 10 months ago

Why would anyone with forged signatures on a petition push for his case to be heard by a judge?

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

I know, I know...can I answer that one...can I, can I......??

Cause they are really, really stupid and do exactly what they are told to do.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 10 months ago

One thing I have to hand it to corch, b_r, bsrn, hotdog, and divabrown24. They have figured out a way to have one person with multiple screen names on this sight. Well done, mindless morons!

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

Well if I thought any one of them had any tech sense I can see how easy it would be for them to set up proxy servers. That is if the Herald checks IP's to see if more than one person is signing in on one IP. If the Herald generates "System Hashes" based on hardware information on the users PC it transmits them each time the blogger logs on. That is usually only done tho if a user is going to be penalized for something, like maybe silenced for a period of time etc. I have been on programs where system hashes were used and punishment was meted out by gagging a person for a specific length of time. No, I wasn't gagged, as hard as you may find that to believe...but learned a lot of stuff from the program owner.

agirl_25 1 year, 10 months ago

No not really but I did learn some neat stuff from some neat fellas. One was/is still a programmer/developer and an all around nice guy. He used to explain things to me in plain English which I appreciated. He taught me about encryption and how all the information that went between my PC and his servers was safe from any hackers and made it nearly impossible for them to reverse engineer the protocol. To date none have, and plenty have tried. He taught me about "social engineering", and I have done it as a job, for a short while, but not as a "hacking" tool.