Squawk of the day - Sept. 13, 2012

”If you need a good laugh on Monday, skip the funny papers and read the jail report.”

Comments

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

Actually I don't see anything to laugh about, it's a shame that the jail report is as long as it is. Before long the jailbirds will be outnumbering the law abiding citizens.

nofreeloader 2 years, 3 months ago

There's nothing funny about breaking the law.Nor should the crime that an individual commits be put to print. Sure it's public record, it's just sometimes TMI. Why would we want in sorts give the spotlight to crime, inflating the ego's of the people whom just do not have regard of the law? There's a zillion other things the Herald could use this space for that is geared to more positive things that happen around our community. Not a reminder of the pathetic dark side we know that already exist.

FryarTuk 2 years, 3 months ago

For some reason I think the squawker had his tongue in his cheek. I get the point about no humour in it but it is news and it's Albany's news. I read it just to see if #34 or an elected official is in it. Like the judges' slapping around their women at a police party.

scooby62 2 years, 3 months ago

I read it to see if someone has finally caught on to my ex-husbands BS. Also,I check for relatives of his.

bubbavet 2 years, 3 months ago

I know he's glad every day he got rid of you

FlunkyMonkey 2 years, 3 months ago

Nope the finniest thing in the paper these days are the deeds and misdeeds of the DCSS and City Commission. Jail report is nothing but "same song, different verse" every week. S

TrixibelleBento 2 years, 3 months ago

The funniest thing about that list are the interesting names.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

That may be what the squawker was trying to point out.

Fletch 2 years, 3 months ago

Yeah! ... Some of those Irish names are hard to pronounce! ...

stc1993 2 years, 3 months ago

I believe that's what he was insinuating.

jglass 2 years, 3 months ago

I read it occassionally, but I cannot even begin to pronounce most of the names. How on earth, as a child, did these people even learn to spell or even pronoun their own names? I am sure it took them much longer....................

VietVet1 2 years, 3 months ago

Most still don't know how to spell their names.

VSU 2 years, 3 months ago

I know of some that use a shorter version (Nickname) because they couldn't pronounce or spell their full name.

daisymae 2 years, 3 months ago

I love this squawk. True, nothing funny about crime but read the "names". Some of these thugs turned to crime because they have names that won't allow them a job. If the potential employer can't pronounce the name what do the parents expect. e.g., Shithead, Shitrustin...and I already know how You pronounced it and that ain't right.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 3 months ago

Shi-theed... Yep seen that name before. What about the twins "Orangejello" and "Lemonjello" pronounced, Or-an-gello and Le-man-gello, but looks like orange jello and lemon jello? There is always "Le-a", pronounced, Le-dash-a, the dash don't be silent.

VietVet1 2 years, 3 months ago

LOL got my first laugh of the day

chinaberry25 2 years, 3 months ago

The funny part is it is the same ones over and over again. They keep committing the crimes and very little is ever done. We can make all the excuses in the world, but there is more that can be done. Put them in prison and keep them for awhile. We are paying their Mamas welfare, so the money is just shifted to another place. As far as names go, I heard two girls talking, one pregnant and the other said, don't name that name, it is a white name. Duh, there is racial profiling in names. A book by a black man has even been written about it and it is very negative to name a name that cannot be pronounced by 75% of society. Moral is, you have already hurt them by naming a made up name.

TheBoss 2 years, 3 months ago

Shinedownfan...I didn't know you were so good at Ebonics

jglass 2 years, 3 months ago

My daughter is a school teacher and yeah they are not pronounced like spelled. Their mamas should be shot!!!!!

Shinedownfan 2 years, 3 months ago

Now now, jglass, you suggest death on someone, your comment might be deleted like Sister_Ruby's was on Sept 11 squawk of the day...

daisymae 2 years, 3 months ago

Sister Ruby was deleted because apparently she needed her mouth washed out with soap that day. Had she not been using such vulgar language she may not have been deleted.

bigbob 2 years, 3 months ago

Take away their scrable game and half the people in Albany wouldn't have names.

lynn227 2 years, 3 months ago

There's nothing remotely funny about making sport of another person's name. We always talk the talk, when it comes to our children and their penchant for bullying/making fun of others. Walking the walk, well, that's another matter. It has become the pasttime on this site to toss manners out the window. Ridiculing...it's not okay to do...at any age.