Squawk of the Day - April 3, 2013

"Superintendent Mosely and the school board members are working hard to make the needed improvements in the DCSS. Next, look at savings that could be made at the bus barn. We are moving around too many students."

Squawks are submitted by the public and are not necessarily the opinions of The Albany Herald.

Comments

Jimboob 1 year ago

They have been down so long anything begins to look up. I believe everyone in the county that pays taxes are hoping for the best. Good luck to Superintendent Mosely in his quest.

FryarTuk 1 year ago

They just closed 2 schools and re-purposed another. There is going to be a lot more student movement. I don't know if they still do it but under Sally Whatley students were assigned a school at the beginning of the year, presumably in a home district, and they kept going to it for the entire year. Many of the students' families moved several times during the school year causing missed days and re-orientation issues at each move. The idea was to maintain continuity for the child by busing the students back to the original school.

GeeGee 1 year ago

The mobility buses were still running last year. Probably still are. Some of those kids do not get home until 5:00 and this is too late. Le them change schools, they use the same book and the lesson plans are all the same. This was foolish to begin with.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year ago

How can funds be saved by busing students from East Albany to wherever on the west side of the river? While the school board is making improvements, they need to stop listening to these outside consultants who think they have an answer for everything.

Somebody 1 year ago

They could save money by having those buildings closed down. I imagine the utility bills are pretty high at these schools.

Abytaxpayer 1 year ago

My apologies to the person I offended.

Seems if is ok for some to be offended by a group meaning well but not doing a dance to your “Standards” but it is NOT ok for others to be offended when your “Standards” includes male dancers with their pants down to their knees. Sadly for the offended person the City of Albany has an ordinance against such behavior, so it is not just me! It is a bad example for our youth! Hope this helps me get off “submitted for monitor review” list.

Holding my breath hoping I get released from the penalty box.