As of Thursday, April 18, 2013
© Copyright 2013
The Albany Fire Department responded to a fire at a residence on Lovers Lane Road Thursday.
ALBANY, Ga. — Firefighters with the Albany Fire Department were dispatched to a fire at 128 Lovers Lane Road just before 2 p.m. Thursday, fire officials say.
According to Battalion Chief Kelly Harcrow, neighbors of the mobile home resident Nicholaus Hancock, had seen smoke coming from his structure and called 911.
Hancock returned home just before firefighters arrived and attempted to put out the fire, Harcrow said.
The fire damage was contained in the bedroom where the fire originated, Harcrow said, although there is smoke damage throughout the mobile home.
While an official determination of the cause of the fire had not been made, Harcrow said the blaze appeared to have started at the foot of a mattress, possibly by unextinguished cigarettes. No one was injured in the fire.