Births - April 21, 2013

Unless otherwise noted, the following births took place at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany from April 8-13.

BAGGS, River Hil, son, was born April 11 to Joshua and Heather Baggs of Camilla.

BROWN, Zy’Nasia Zanae, daughter, was born April 9 to Brittany Brown of Dawson.

DOROUGH, Emileigh Miranda, daughter, was born April 9 to Johnathan and Leighann Dorough of Albany.

HUNTER, Samaria Shavonne, daughter, was born April 13 to Destiny Fair and Demetrius Hunter of Albany.

HUNTER, William Thomas, son, was born April 10 to Scott and Jessica Hunter of Albany.

JONES, Chyna Salia, daughter, was born April 11 to Tarmelia Bell and Quontauris Jones of Camilla.

LAMAR, John Douglas, son, was born April 9 to Kendra Lamar of Albany.

RAY, Gabrielle Marie, daughter, was born April 10 to Latoria Woodall and Antoine Ray of Albany.

SMITH, Victoria Chanel, daughter, was born April 12 to Shawn Sr. and Camyljah Smith of Albany.

SUTTON, Brantley Bryce, son, was born April 9 to Carrie Sutton of Albany.

THOMAS, Jackie Lee, son, was born April 8 to Roderick Thomas of Albany.

THOMAS, Ke’Nylah Alyse, daugther, was born April 8 to Courtney Hall and Cornelius Thomas of Dawson.

WARREN, Justyce Harmonie, daughter, was born April 13 to Bryant and Kaysha Warren of Albany.

WIMS, Samuel Jacorey, son, was born April 10 to Corey and Karenda Wims of Albany.

Birth announcements are printed Sunday in The Herald’s SouthView section. Announcements are submitted to the newspaper by Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital through a parental release. Out-of-town births with local connections can submit birth notices by asking the hospital where the child was born to submit the information by fax to (229) 888-9357 or by mail to Births, SouthView, c/o The Albany Herald, P.O. Box 48, Albany, Ga. 31702.

Comments

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

BRANTLEY BRICE, RIVER HIL, EMILEIGH MIRANDA, WHAT COMES TO MIND?

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

I don't know, give me a hint. I never read the names until someone brought them to my attention in an earlier blog but some are amusing, some nice and some downright hilarious. I personally don't see anything wrong with the names you picked out altho I probably would not name my children that. I know a Brantley and my son's best friend is Brice. As far as Emileigh goes, maybe they didn't like the traditional spelling. River .... well he may be named that because they were fans of River Phoenix..lots of parents do that. I am disturbed because of this: THOMAS Jackie Lee, son, was born April 8 to Roderick Thomas of Albany. You will notice no listing for the mother. I certainly hope it was a misprint and her name was inadvertently left out because I would hate to think the worst.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

I WAS ATTEMPTING TO SHOW A FLIP SIDE TO THE USUAL POT SHOTS TAKEN AT THE RIDICULOUS ETHNIC NAMES CREATED BY PEOPLE OF COLOR. THE NAMES I REFERENCED ARE WHAT I WOULD CONSIDER "CAUCASIAN" NAMES. "RIVER HIL" SOUNDS A LITTLE OUT THERE, JUST AS MUCH AS "TCHYWASKIE". REDNECKS HAVE THEIR SHARE OF JACKED-UP NAMES TOO.

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

Oh OK MRKIA, I kinda wondered if you were doing that but didn't say. Did you wonder tho, about the Thomas baby, where the Daddy was only named. It makes me sad to think his Mama maybe didn't make it. Hope it was an oversight. And you are correct about redneck names. If you knew some of the names the new mothers named their babies when my daughter was in the OB/GYN business you would either double over in laughter or cringe. No wonder she is working in Hospice care now.

Truthbeliever 1 year, 7 months ago

Father God, giver of life, Lord of all creation, I thank you that You are a shield for me, my Glory, and the lifter-up of my head! Lord, forgive again my sins and make new anew this morning. Lord how I love your wonderful signs that life and love should increase! These babies are your special gifts to all of us Lord, for who can look at an innocent baby and have evil in his heart at the same time. Bless them now, Father. And keep their parents and guardians in your providential care. Give them what they need to be good parents. Protect them from the evil one, for evil is so very near. We know Lord that there is sometimes more evil in seemingly normal folk than in a hoard of terrorists. Protect us from each other, even from our neighbor Lord. It is in Jesus' Majestic Name we pray. Amen.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

I NOTICE YOU DID NOT PRAY THAT THE PARENTS OF THESE CHILDREN WILL SEEK SOME WISDOM AND COMMON SENSE IN THE NAMING OF THEIR BABIES.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

tb,you'd accomplish alot more if you prayed for all babies to have 2 loving parents who will love each other and the child for their entire lives. For every baby to have a baby daddy who is married to they baby mamma who goes to work every day to provide for the family, take them to church on Sunday, etc.

All that other crap you wrote is just self righteors blather.

MRKIA 1 year, 7 months ago

LET ME SECOND THAT. MOMS AND INVOLVED/PRESENT DADS FOR ALL BABIES.

lowercasejesus 1 year, 7 months ago

TB- seriously. R u in some sort of religious creative writing contest or something? You just sound foolish.