Bright of the day - April 24, 2013

"Great job, Boston police officers."

For more Brights, pick up a copy of today's Albany Herald.

Comments

Pappa 1 year ago

The FBI knew the older bomber for years. Don't think they deserve any thanks on this one.

USTPC 1 year ago

So now we are thanking our government for initiating a police state by locking down Boston for 12 hours and violating citizens rights by going house to house and insisting on searching the premises? Oh and just in case you all missed it, the last terrorist was caught only after the lockdown was lifted and resident of the city spotted something out of the ordinary so the lockdown accomplished nothing except violating citizens freedoms.

I would also like to ask the question - Where was Homeland Security in all of this? Didn't we create this department to specifically "protect" us from terrorist attacks? Billions of dollars and the Patriot act later and we are no safer than we were prior to 9/11.

VSU 1 year ago

My thoughts exactly! We are thanking them for allowing this attack to happen in the first place? Like you said, where was homeland security? After 911, wasn't it America that said we would never forget? Well I guess we forgot.

Bulldawg 1 year ago

The government new about one of these clowns for a while. I guess they were just gathering "evidence."

VSU 1 year ago

Took them a couple of years to gather the evidence, it was too late now.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year ago

How many attacks have been thwarted since 9/11?

I am thankful that local cops did their jobs and risked life and limb to protect members of their community.

VSU 1 year ago

Several terrorists plots have been thwarted since 9/11. Even in Canada just the other day Canadian authorities thwarted a terroist plot on that train. Course that just shows they were more on the ball than American authorities were regarding Boston.

VSU 1 year ago

Thanking and saying great job to the Boston police is like thanking and saying great job to a relief pitcher in baseball for getting credit for a win after blowing the lead in the first place.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year ago

Nice try, but that's a "swing and a miss," VSU. Try again. :)

LindsE 1 year ago

As a Boston resident, I did not personally have a problem with the city being shut down. None of my friends that live in Watertown felt their rights were violated, even the ones that had a dozen heavily armed individuals knock on their doors and ask if they were being held against their will. This was a scary series of events, and there's no handbook as to how to handle such situations. I think all of the law enforcement did the best they could given the circumstances and danger to the public was minimized as much as possible.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 12 months ago

I think you hit the nail of the head, LSP.