Squawk of the day - May 1, 2013

"It is difficult for me to believe that a man would state that he thinks more of his pets than his grandchildren."

Comments

RedEric 1 year, 7 months ago

Yeah, what man, what pets, what grandchildren?

Sister_Ruby_Two 1 year, 7 months ago

I thought that pets and grandchildren were outlawed temporarily in order to get our economy back in shape? Are all these grandparents and pet-hoarders violating the Executive Orders of His Royal Majesty Barack O'Bama?

dickyboy 1 year, 7 months ago

I too missed that one.... although many grandparents have become parents again...

erock 1 year, 7 months ago

Have you ever met his grandchildren?

ZCorp 1 year, 7 months ago

Wait a minute ? Did the pets treat him with more affection then his " AKA Grandchildren " ? This sometimes happens, it is called Ageism, and I am only 37, young people treat me like an older citizen , so I look at all open ideas on a story, sorry. Pets at least are there for you, when friends and family couldn't care less !

alleebrin 1 year, 7 months ago

Yes, I totally see how one could prefer the company of a pet! lol And it all goes back to their upbringing!

chinaberry25 1 year, 7 months ago

I can understand it. Have you seen the way some grandchildren act? You are lucky if your love and respect you, but you also have never had many pets or you would not be here asking this stupid question.

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

Depends on the situation, and the Grandkids. I have seen some that don't belong to me that I would have difficulty claiming the children, let alone grandchildren. Grandparents aren't there to be an ATM without even a thank you. Then there is the hostility that Divorce can bring and Kids are quick to pick up on that. So yes, there are some pets that beat the heck out of some Grandkids. Hopefully they are the exception.

daisymae 1 year, 7 months ago

Heck, the pets probably treat him better than his grandchildren. I have seen some kids I would not even claim as my kids, let alone grandchildren.

VSU 1 year, 7 months ago

Maybe his pets are better behaved than his grandchildren.

erudite 1 year, 7 months ago

He can trace his dog's lineage.