As of Monday, August 19, 2013
© Copyright 2015 Albany Herald
- Share everything.
- Play fair.
- Don’t hit people.
- Put things back where you found them.
- Clean up your own mess.
- Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
- Say you’re sorry when you hurt somebody.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
- Live a balanced life — learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
- Take a nap every afternoon.
- When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
- Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
- Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup — they all die. So do we.
- And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned — the biggest word of all — LOOK.
More like this story
- BOE to get school police assessment report today ( August 20, 2013 )
- Friday Jam's first-ever music quiz ( January 15, 2015 )
- BARRY LEVINE: A rock quiz before schools reopen ( July 18, 2014 )
- Lee County School Board names lone school superintendent finalist ( June 3, 2015 )
- 500 List ( January 10, 2012 )