Squawk of the day - Feb. 3, 2013

"With all the drama of the DCSB, you would think they would be present for important voting meetings. That is part of the job to be present. They should not be paid, nor hold the position if they cannot attend and participate as with any other job. Another waste of taxpayer money."

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 2 months ago

They's alot of BS that should and shouldn't have been happening with the DCSB. But well you know how it is..........................

But I think the situation has been remedied for the time being. There is now a majority who will do the right thing, be decisive, show up, earn their pay, and be professionals. That's all I ask. Those that don't can ....... ........... ..............

dickyboy 1 year, 2 months ago

It's obvious that black commissioners are not going to vote on negative black issues... that's the reason that James Bush stepped down... I am not a prejudice person.. but that's the way it appears.. if I'm wrong.. so be it..

RedEric 1 year, 2 months ago

My wife was president of school board for 12 years up north. There was no pay for SB up there. The members were there for the children and had children in school. She left when ours graduated from HS. She felt it was time to turn it over to someone who had a more direct interest in the school operation. I don't think having children in school should be a prerequisite to be on the school board, but they must have the education of children foremost in their reasons for being there. Race and ego appears to hold sway with many here.

waltspecht 1 year, 2 months ago

With Junebug being the poster child for that education?

chinaberry25 1 year, 2 months ago

If they do not bother to show up and vote at least so many times, then they ought to be removed from the school board and Congress or Senate. They actually voted, they just were not there. They would have voted to keep him. Men have never been touched by a woman against their will, it is a very degrading thing. Glad to see him gone. He should not be a educator ever again.

Thurman 1 year, 2 months ago

So what would be the process to have the DCSB board members on a "Pay only for meetings attended" citeria? And let's also add that if a member misses a certain amount of meetings during a one year time frame they are automatically discharged from their duites. I also like the idea of a school board member, a City Commission member, and even a Dougherty County Commission member NOT being paid. They should be there to serve the communities best interests.

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

I don't care if they show up and I don't care if they vote on a single item. They will cash there checks and that is fine too. Just get this school system fixed for the students, families and communities sakes.

PS: I really don't care if I ever see a one of the non-participants' mug or babble in the media.

bigbob 1 year, 2 months ago

Shows how dirty it has been for years, when they know they can't save one of their own they don't show up. Hopefully that happens alot for the next couple years.