Squawk of the day - Feb. 14, 2013

"Don’t some people know we have a leash law in Albany? What has happened to the dog park we were supposed to get?"

Comments

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years, 1 month ago

I hope everyone has an excellent Valentines Day!

FryarTuk 2 years, 1 month ago

And for goodness sakes buy your ladies (mama too) a vase of roses. Stay with the local florists don't call 800 - - - billionaire buds.

Sister_Ruby 2 years, 1 month ago

Happy VD everybody! Be sure to wear protection to prevent communicable diseases and also to prevent bastard chilllrennns off of the Births section nine months from now who have Names that should be Against the Law and will only lead to stupid crimez and hopefully arrests a few years from now. Ref: Red Hoodie Bust Haid Newport dude.

Shinedownfan 2 years, 1 month ago

I used to say "Happy VD" all the time, but now they are called STD's and it doesnt have the same impact or humor that it used to. :( I still like your comment tho. :)

sowegap 2 years, 1 month ago

Of all the quotes I read here, yours are always the raciest and nastiest. A child is a blessing from God. It is the parent's job to raise their children and if the parent fails at that job, then blame then, not the entire race. Sorry, you haven't had enough LOVE in your life. Go hug a tree or crocodile. Starting out with a nicety and following up with a nasty doesn't fool anyone.

chinaberry25 2 years, 1 month ago

Not one word was said about race by Sister Ruby. She is stating a fact. 90% of black children are born out of wedlock. Have not heard how many whites, but they are high. Children need both parents and you can watch any day of the week on talk shows about fathers ignoring or disowning their own child. It is a sad situation to have a child just to get welfare. Go after the baby daddy first and foremost. Do not let them off the hook.

waltspecht 2 years, 1 month ago

They would remember it was there if it was enforced. I would guess it isn't high on the City's list of concerns, or those charged with enforcement would handle it. About like an obsecured tag sticker due to a license frame. It isn't enforced due to the number of ASU plate frames that do just that. Isn't politics wonderful. Make a law, don't enforce it and the Politician wins on both sides.

GG126 2 years, 1 month ago

The doggie park is under construction and is located on Gillionville.

fcarroll 2 years, 1 month ago

What good is a doggie park if dog owners does not obey leash laws after the dogs return home from the park. Also will the owners clean up the poop in the park? I live in a small community where there are strict leash laws only enforce on Who owns the animal.

KaosinAlbany 2 years, 1 month ago

Trust me, your concerns about the dog park will be handled the right way. The park is going to GREAT!!! It is much needed here.

RedEric 2 years, 1 month ago

I like dogs better than I like most people. Dogs think it is good manners to poop in other people's yards. There are dogs raised by bad people who should be destroyed and the dog also.

FryarTuk 2 years, 1 month ago

Leave the dogs alone. Let 'em poop where ever. It's good fertilizer and it dissolves in a few days. How would you like somebody to be yanking your chain while squeezing one out.

FryarTuk 2 years, 1 month ago

On second thought, don't answer that Red, I can imagine what your response will be.

KaosinAlbany 2 years, 1 month ago

Boy that was harsh! Destroy people and their dogs? WTH!!!

KaosinAlbany 2 years, 1 month ago

Sorry didn't mean to post twice

agirl_25 2 years, 1 month ago

Me too RedEric, I LOVE animals more than people. They are wonderful companions, my best pals, never talk back, and as far as pooping in other people's yards, well mine have no neighbors so don't do it....but I still love them anyway but would not want them to do it.

bubbasmithredneck 2 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for the Valentine Day wishes everyone.....Have a great day!!

Bulldawg 2 years, 1 month ago

You have a Valentine, Bubba? That's just amazing.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

Actually quite scary. When I think of bubba having a mate, the only thing comes to mind is Halloween.

VSU 2 years, 1 month ago

That too! But his mate's baby might be more like that baby on "It's Alive"

Thurman 2 years, 1 month ago

The doggy park on Gillionville Rd. is a private venture, not City owned. But then again--maybe it is a City funded private venture.

KaosinAlbany 2 years, 1 month ago

It's private no city funds needed for the park.

Landofthefree 2 years, 1 month ago

I my opinion, this sounds just like a democrat at it's finest. You do wonder about the leash law, but then demand to know why the dog park isn't ready. Don't worry about the park, worry why the people can't obey the law. Just because a dog park is coming doesn't mean the law can't be followed. Also, this is a private venture so don't be disappointed when you have to pay to enter.

Landofthefree 2 years, 1 month ago

I can't seem to get my comment printed, not a bad one either.. what's up with that???

FryarTuk 2 years, 1 month ago

What is it and I'll print it.