Downtown venue hosts erotic poetry reading

ALBANY, Ga. — Local citizens 21 and over are being invited to prepare their senses and release their inhibitions tonight at the adults-only “Lover’s Lyrics: Sensual Bazaar” erotic poetry gathering at 230 W. Broad Ave.

The evening includes Love and Lover’s poetry, live music, a full dessert bar, door prizes and vendors whose goods will stimulate all six senses.

Tickets, which are $15 a person and $25 per couple, are available at Odyssey Records, Salon Sophisticates, Moe’s Southwest Grill and Phillip’s Men’s Clothing, all located in Albany.

VIP tables are available, but seating is limited.

Hosted by Capucine and presented by SheWrightz, Lover’s Lyrics II will feature music by the Brandon O’Neal Band featuring Levi Marie and poetry by such artists as featured poet Breeze ILife This Tha Poet, O’She Tyght, Acoustik Money, Trenda B. Poetry, Aquom Phoenix and Victor Carroll.

Cocktails will be served starting at 7 p.m., and the show begins at 8.

Tickets will be available at the door, and information is available at http://shewrightz.wix.com/shwrightz#!lovers-lyrics-iic1ja.

Comments

dickyboy 1 year, 2 months ago

Wow....erotic poetry.... orgy to follow?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 2 months ago

You must have meant "meteoric"?

dickyboy 1 year, 2 months ago

There once was a man from Nantucket...........

Ihope4albany 1 year, 2 months ago

While it is important to generate downtown businesses, this type of poetry is going to lead Downtown to the wrong place.

I hope this does become a trend.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 2 months ago

I feel like there is a dirty joke in here somewhere.

Cartman 1 year, 2 months ago

Downtown Albany is ever the source of entertainment! Erotic poetry. Please. rofl.

RedEric 1 year, 2 months ago

Wow, Naked Beatniks! What will they think of next.

FryarTuk 1 year, 2 months ago

Why would you pay $15/$25 to go and listen to that in a group when you can have a private session on the internet?

Bulldawg 1 year, 2 months ago

Next week, there will be a workshop on gangster rap and breaking and entering 101. Anything to make a buck. The names of the participants bring back memories of Soul Train.

agirl_25 1 year, 2 months ago

I dunno.......consider this....it seems some or most of the participants are the same group that put on the Pen Stroke Festival in Albany last year, a literary event encouraging literacy through the art of poetry, as well as encouraging literacy and love of literary arts. They encourage reading, writing, story telling, singers/songwriters...so they are, in my opinion a good influence. One of the members is an instructor from Darton College. The poetry reading is not something I would go to, I am not a poetry lover (the only poetry I have ever liked is an audio gift, Poe's Ulalume by Jeff Buckley). If it is your cup of tea you may enjoy it. Who knows...from the looks of the web page for last year's Pen Stoke Festival it appears a good time was had but then it wasn't erotic poetry. Tuk is right tho, if it is dirty talk you want you can get it on the net and for free.

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 2 months ago

15 dollars to hear someone read dirty poetry? I will save my money and have my spouse talk dirty to me....