Georgia linebacker Ogletree arrested for DUI

Alec Ogletree, who led Georgia in tackles this season despite being suspended the first four games, was recently arrested for a DUI.

ATHENS — Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree, a projected first round pick in April’s NFL draft, was recently arrested for a DUI.

Ogletree’s agent, Pat Dye Jr., told NBC Sports’ Pro Football Talk that his client was pulled over by police for speeding and committing a lane violation.

“After the officers smelled alcohol, they conducted tests and also cited him for DUI,” Dye said. “Although Alec regrets this incident terribly, he is thankful that there was no accident and that no one was hurt. Because this matter is still pending, we cannot comment further publicly at this time.”

Ogletree led the Bulldogs with 111 tackles as a junior even though he was suspended by coach Mark Richt the first four games of the season for failing drug tests.

He announced his intention to enter the draft after Georgia defeated Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl — a game where he had a team-high 13 tackles and nine solo stops.

He was also arrested for theft in 2010 and was suspended his first collegiate game.

“Of course there are some things I wish I could take back,” Ogletree told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution when he announced he was entering the draft. “But, you know, overall I feel like I had a great time here at Georgia and I’m going to cherish that ‘til I die.”

The 6-foot-3, 237-pound linebacker was projected to be selected No. 19 overall by the Cincinnati Bengals, according to NFLDraftScout.com’s Rob Rang, before the arrest.

Ogletree had 11.5 tackles for loss, nine quarterback hurries, five pass breakups, three sacks, two fumble recoveries, a forced fumble and an interception in 10 games.

Comments

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

Same S***, different year.

Tony Dungee wouldn't hire a guy like this.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

DUI has nothing to do with how good he is on the field.......He will get drafted!!!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

Right you are.......and as Tony Dungee said "it's about character" for him. This kid hasn't got it. Dungee would pass on this kid. Is this what Doctor King fought and died for? I think not.

TRUTH101 1 year, 9 months ago

LOL.... I wonder how many DUIs your husband has.....LOL

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

For chrissake, Sis. They want football players not people with character. What's this got to do with MLK's death? Dragging some red herrings in here aren't you?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

Not Tony Dungee, FT. Read his books.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

a hateful person like you has no right to speak on anything Dr. King ever believed in.......Don't even try it!!!

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

Who cares about Tony Dungee??? I could care less....The Ravens are champions!!! filled with guys who didn't go to Private Schools, stayed in the Principal's office, got suspended,made bad grades, got arrested, been to jail, broke rules, and laws....and guess what ??? The city of Baltimore could give a rat's anus if they did or not....BECAUSE , THEY ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!GIVE ME A CHAMPION ANY DAY.....you can keep your choir boys........

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

You left off "killed people" from your list

tywebb 1 year, 9 months ago

bsr, you are exactly what is wrong in society today......sell your soul and character (if you had any to begin with) to the devil just for a victory. you would rather idolize a murderer instead of a man of integrity and character like Coach Dungee. I haven't been on here in months but i'm glad to see you're still a turd. makes me wanna come back more often.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

Tywebb, you are just a weak little wimp who couldn't win yourself, so you attack me when I am right. Dungee was not that successful, I only remember him winning one Superbowl. He is a good man, but his type of coaching only lasted for a minute. In football, nice guys finish last. Football fans love winners, not losers. I only see one Tim Tebow in the league....(a self-proclaimed good guy) who cant beat NOBODY!!! This aint college football.......nice guys finish last in the NFL.....

dmyers80 1 year, 9 months ago

Yes he will still get drafted... but with the suspension at the start of the season and now this... He just cost himself some serious money, he probably just fell out of the first round!!

tywebb 1 year, 9 months ago

You need to correct the story. He is an EX Georgia football player. He can take his thugish, law breaking, P.O.S ways and get the heck out! Just like crowell.....good bye and good riddance!

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

he will still get drafted and make millions!!! deal with it!!!