Squawk of the Day - Feb. 24, 2013

"I have not had a day off since I retired."

Squawks are submitted by readers and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Albany Herald.

Comments

fcarroll 1 year, 6 months ago

Retirment life "ain't" what it is cracked up to be. No time off, less money. I could hardly wait until retirement age, what the heck was i thinking.

waltspecht 1 year, 6 months ago

Funny, my Brother claims that since he retired he has had scheduling difficulty. With five Saturdays and a Sunday he forgets what days are for Golf and which are for taking the boat out.

oldster 1 year, 6 months ago

I have been enjoying retirement so far. I get plenty of rest, my body doesn't have all the aches and pains that working "provided", I don't have to deal with all of those whacky personality quirks of co-workers, it's been pretty good so far.

chinaberry25 1 year, 6 months ago

Yes, but the time is what you want to do, not a boss standing over your shoulder telling you all you have done wrong.

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 6 months ago

Too bad the Herald did not pick the Dumbocrat squawk for today….I would like to know, Just who does the sheeple think is paying for the lavish vacations? The people who are Paying TAXES maybe but not him. If the first family was so concerned about their sheep why not stay in Washington a little more and spend those millions to help the hurricane victims. At least he could go check on the rebuilding of their golf courses or shoot some skeet there.

PatrickY2K 1 year, 6 months ago

Seriously? Obama isn't in Washington enough? Is he spending too many months at his Texas ranch?

Jimboob 1 year, 6 months ago

I couldn't have said it better...

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 6 months ago

LOL knew the sheep would bark......It is not now much TIME they are gone from Washington, BUT how much money it is costing US the taxpayers to keep them on Vacations. But if paying Taxes is not a issue for YOU then spending tax money can't be either. Read the squawk it was writen by a TRUE Dumbocrat. BTW wise Azz they have cell phones in Texas just like they do on the golf courses....So what has Bush got to do with the big "O" spending? Nothing..... but got to Bash or Blame Bush because you know nothing else to say...