Squawk of the Day - Feb. 25, 2013

"Lord, we truly thank you for the rain you are blessing us with. You have answered our prayers. But could you maybe save some for July or August? Thank you."

Squawks are submitted by readers and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Albany Herald.

Comments

dickyboy 2 years, 5 months ago

I'm with you squawker.... my vegetable garden would appreciate it.....

VSU 2 years, 5 months ago

Just continue to bring us the rain throughout the year.

Clif 2 years, 5 months ago

Lord, send the rain as you wish. Your will be done and not ours.

alleebrin 2 years, 5 months ago

And, of course, we have one who throws a wrench into the mood! lol

WTFwtf 2 years, 5 months ago

Maybe u should ask the flying spaghetti monster to help. Youll get the same results.

Bulldawg 2 years, 5 months ago

God created you and loves even you, WTFwtf. You should never be flippant about God.

wannabnfla 2 years, 5 months ago

do you really think you should be using that kind of language (whether abbreviated or not) in the same sentence as GOD? really?

VSU 2 years, 5 months ago

Perhaps if WTFwtf didn't use that as his/her username, Bulldawg would not have used those letters. Ever think of that?

I am not condemning WTFwtf for his/her choice as username, just saying....

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years, 5 months ago

Wtfwtf, perhaps you should ask the grammar genie for help. Bc ur spellin an punctiation dtractz frm ur cred, k thx.

DRTexas 2 years, 5 months ago

That is probably the second time I have agreed with you.

boog 2 years, 5 months ago

I can only assume WTF thinks he evolved from some dust ball laying in a corner somewhere.... We love you anyway bro....

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

Squawker: "Lord, we truly thank you for the rain you are blessing us with. You have answered our prayers. But could you maybe save some for July or August? "

Voice from the abyss: "Psst. I all ready did. That's why I put in the Floridan aquifer. Remember? Use it wisely."

WTFwtf 2 years, 5 months ago

Thanks bdog but i dont believe in supernatural things

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

I agree with you on the "supernatural things" but creation and creator are really quite natural.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years, 5 months ago

At least it's rain and not snow. That would be a mess!

chinaberry25 2 years, 5 months ago

In everything give thanks. You may not believe in a spiritual being and that is your right, but the Bible is embellished with many truths to live by. If you do not praise and believe in God, the Bible is a book to live by. Worshiping God is a personal thing, but we do not need people saying negative things about him. He may even get you for that.

Bulldawg 2 years, 5 months ago

Chinaberry25, the Bible is "embellished?" How so? I have never found anything in the Bible that is not true. Do tell, I am curious.

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

For starters, just throw out the historicity of the Book of Exodus. It is an absolute known and incontrovertible fact the Israelites were never in Egypt.

huts1969 2 years, 5 months ago

Nice. Only in Albany do you get someone praising God, criticizing another, threatening God's wrath and "loving" them in the same breath. Laughable.

Barny_Gumble 2 years, 5 months ago

The Bible Belt is nothing but a huge contradiction to humanity and life in general. This mass schizophrenia has infringed the rights on everybody who has the unfortunate pleasure of living in this region. Yeah, 'God', come on with the rain of blessing... lol

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

You have absolutely no idea what the other three quarters of this earth live in.

Barny_Gumble 2 years, 5 months ago

Are you telling me this mass hysteria of fanatics are populating 75% of the Earth? Oh God help us all...

WTFwtf 2 years, 5 months ago

Sherwood. Im not worried about my cred bc of my typing skills. Too busy to worry bout proofreading. Your cred is questionable though. Didnt sherwood baptist tell everyone that rock concerts at the civic center r the work of the devil back in the day? U guys handle snakes too? Hollier than thou BS. Watch this.....god..... jesus. May he strike medown for improper caps.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 2 years, 5 months ago

You do realize that you can click the "reply" button, right?

I don't attend, nor have I ever attended, SBC. My parents simply chose private schooling over the DCSS.

WTFwtf 2 years, 5 months ago

Ok lets get it out there. Only in usa and primarily in the south do people still believe in creationism. Its sad really. Dont fear science its a wonderful thing that u should thank everyday.

DRTexas 2 years, 5 months ago

Not true. Do you think that progressives and Europeans(also progressives) are the only ones in the world besides you?

The vast majority of the worlds religions believe in creationism. Many of the worlds scientist are people of faith.

I would rather believe, and find out I was wrong, than not believe, and find out I was wrong.

At some point, even atheism becomes religion to it's most ferverent followers.

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

wtfX2, so I clearly know what you are meaning, please offer your definition of creationism and in general "god" (or as you perceive the generally understood definition). thnx

RedEric 2 years, 5 months ago

I can't wait for this, but do it soon wft I have an early bed time.

WTFwtf 2 years, 5 months ago

Creationism-not the reason we are here. Outdated make belive wrong headed ( not widely accepted worldwide btw look it up) antiscience completely disproven drivel. That should do it.

As to what god is. Thats a coping mechanism invented by early man that helped provide a healthier emotional outlet that ironically was key to their survival, bonding and evolution into our current form. Gods take many forms worldwide. Religion helps a lot of people but dont ask me to dumbdown the truth to match yer narrow beliefs.

RedEric 2 years, 5 months ago

Wow, so what is your favorite scientific theory of creation? Big Bang, constant state, yoyo theory? Be careful.

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

There are two things which struck me about your response. The first is you didn't give an answer as to your meaning of creationism and secondly you made your own goal when you said "Creationism-not the reason we are here". Some folks definition of creationism is assigning a "reason" in existence. So let's start over. I'm not interested in definitions of the internet contributors, I am interested in yours. It's not a trick question. I simply want to understand where you are coming from in your previous remarks and it is essential I know what the term creationism means in your understanding. Let's for get about the question of god for the moment.

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

Hmmmmm. Well. Maybe another time.

dickyboy 2 years, 5 months ago

Wow... how a squawk about rain...can take a turn..God bless you all...

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

Hrumph. There you go bringing god into again. Don't be a trouble maker. (lol)

jglass 2 years, 5 months ago

Goodness!!!!! Thank you God for the rain and thank you God for the sunshine this morning!

darnette0101 2 years, 5 months ago

All that over an innocent thank you and a simple request?! Can we say waaaay overthinking the entire situation?!

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

A country with free speech comes with free speech.

FryarTuk 2 years, 5 months ago

A country with free speech comes with free speech.