Albany Habitat builders do their own 'Harlem Shake' video

ALBANY, Ga. — A group of Canadian college students are shaking it up downtown with their version of a popular Internet fad.

The students from Wilfrid Laurier University in Ontario, Canada, took time from their busy schedules working on a Habitat for Humanity build to put together their own Harlem Shake video.

MOBILE USERS: Click here to see the video.

The students are working inside vacant buildings on Front Street.

Comments

VietVet1 1 year, 6 months ago

Years ago was watching WALB when a hefty Afro woman said, "I'm so glad I got my home. My olda sister got her home last year and my younger sister will get hers next year."

Haven't supported Habitat since.

Jacob 1 year, 6 months ago

Why not? Because she was fat, because she was black, or because she was poor?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 6 months ago

How is there such a thing as a "fat poor person"? Riddle me that one time!

Jacob 1 year, 6 months ago

Food high in fat and sugar is cheap. It is easy and inexpensive to be fat. Kind of like being racist and literate. One is not exclusive of the other.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 6 months ago

The last "Harlem Shake" I wanted to see was when O'Bama sang up 'err and errrboddddy crapped they pants up 'errrr in The Apollo.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 6 months ago

hahahahahaha I guess they were the original shakers.

rightasrain 1 year, 6 months ago

WELL! I see that the "moderator" didn't want to publish my comment. The moderator must be a wussy. And my comment wasn't even as stirring as Sister Ruby! Wha'cha got going with the moderator Sister?

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 6 months ago

Nothing 'cept they just know the TRUTH when they see it and being objective journalists, they have a hard time hitting the DELETE button on TRUTH.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 6 months ago

AWESOME!!! I love this dance craze!!! I would love to see it at the next Nights @D'Town.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 6 months ago

I will even join in if anyone is interested in doing this. LOL

chinaberry25 1 year, 6 months ago

To me it seems that Habitat builds only for black people and you NEVER EVER see any black folks volunteering. You see a token few because they have to in order to get the house. Go up to Americus and take the Buena Vista Highway and look at this one house. They have destroyed it and has at lease 3 cars sitting on blocks all over the yards. I feel Habitat is a good thing, but it is only a one sided venture. Gimmethats want it all. When Jimmy Carter is gone, it will all be over in this area. He is in his late 80's, so get ready.