Alleged sexual assault reported

Shane Williams

Shane Williams

ALBANY, Ga. — A 26-year-old man is charged with sexually assaulting a 20-year-old woman in the back seat of an SUV as an acquaintance drove, reported a Dougherty County Police Department official.

Police arrested Shane Williams and put him in Dougherty County Jail.

He is charged with battery, aggravated battery and aggravated sodomy, said county police Sgt. Chad Kirkpatrick.

The victim was taken to the Lily Pad, an organization that assists abused women and men, Kirkpatrick said.

Staff at the Lily Pad documented the serious injuries the unnamed victim suffered, he added.

“Three acquaintances went to the store to get cigarettes. The victim and the suspect began flirting,” Kirkpatrick said

“When they left Flash Foods, R.L Davis Jr., a male, was driving and Shane Williams was in the back seat with the woman. Some of their clothes were off.”

Sometime before midnight Wednesday and into few minutes after midnight on Thursday as the 2002 Ford Explorer drove on the 1400 block of Liberty Expressway, Williams became sexually aggressive, Kirkpatrick said.

“Shane (Williams) wanted to perform oral sex,” Kirkpatrick said.

“She didn’t want him to. He ... sodomized her. Williams also bit her seriously in the neck and the vagina.”

According to Kirkpatrick, the names of sexual abuse victims are not released.

Davis has not been charged in the assault.

Comments

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

Hopefully she will learn not to flirt around with strangers.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

Nothing cold about it, she shouldn't have been flirting around with someone and then ride off with someone she didn't know. This had rape written all over it. Use your head.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Are you kidding me?! If you made this comment to me face to face, I would punch you square in the nose. I would then blame you for me punching you.

Only an idiot would blame the victim for getting raped. It clearly says in the article that the three were acquaintances, not complete strangers.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

Acquaintances doesn't mean she knew him very well, she could have met him just a few minutes before. The story also said they began flirting with each other. That should have given her a clue right there. She should never have gotten into that vehicle with that pervert.

Did anybody not learn anything from the Angela Sizemore incident? She went off with someone she barely knew and that did not work out to well for her did it?

As far as punching me in the nose punk, give it your best shot, I'll have you on the ground with broken ribs and maybe a broken neck.

I'm through with this!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

Pete, there is a little too much information (TMI) included in this report, don't you think? This is a family paper.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Agreed, I feel this was way too much information.

chinaberry25 1 year, 9 months ago

Or get into a vehicle with strangers. You are only given one life, take care of it.

Sally_O 1 year, 9 months ago

Yessiree, she put herself in that trap. What a creep! She must have been stoned to want to get in that vehicle with that creepy looking person. Poor judgement on her part totally.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

If that was your daughter you would be singing a different tune.

Sally_O 1 year, 9 months ago

We brought our daughter up properly thank you. We know she wouldn't go off with no one she didn't know very well. If our daughter went whoring around like this, she knows we would have nothing more to do with her. The creep was a jerk for doing what he did, but like I said she used poor judgement in going with that guy in the first place. If our daughter brought someone looking like that to our house, he'd have a double barreled shotgun staring him in the face.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

When a lady says "no" it means no.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

Her no came a little too late, her no should have been no to riding with those white boys.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Why bring race into this, BL? You play the race card more than Jesse Jackson, son.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

First of all I am not your son sucker, I'm just pointing out the history of how you racists post on these sites. I call them as I see them. You all think white people can do no wrong that they are little angels, and knowing these posters history, if that had been a black woman being raped, y'all would be in here talking negative trash, and don't deny it, i see it all the time. Yet this tramp hanging around this white trash and y'all think she an innocent angel.

rock 1 year, 9 months ago

SHE was raped and sodomized by a scumbag! Now she is being raped all over again here in the comment section. It does not matter if she was naked as the day she was born, it does invite anyone to forceably penetrate her.

waitforit 1 year, 9 months ago

I told you all a long time ago that VSU is a blooming idiot...do you guys belive me now?

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

You're the idiot coming in here using different names. What's the matter punk, don't have the balls to use your original name? come on coward, go by your original name, Come on coachjohnson42, tell people who you really are.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

Everyone who thinks you are an idiot is not the coach. You offend a lot of people with those crazy statements. So, dont use the coach as a scapegoat.Hell the coach aint even here no more. Own up to your crazy comments and stick to it.You get more respect that way.

Your friend---Bubba

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

You just proved my point coach, because your bubbasmithredneck is another one of coaches aliases. People calling me an idiot has nothing to do with it, they are idiots and hypocrits themselves so that doesn't bother me. I know your style and it upsets you because i always find you out. You say coach ain't on here no more, maybe not as coachjohnson42, but as another person and that person is you, so why don't you own up to it. I am not the only person who knows you and coachjohnson42 are the same person. I think you are the same person as waitforit and Auntie Dee. Odd you always respond and defend each other on posts I write. Maybe people don't like to read my posts, that's fine, I don't care, but I use my one username and don't hide behind another name. If you were not the same person as CJ42, there would have been no need for you to come in here to defend him. Funny that people go off subject to call me an idiot and not mention anything pertaining the story, but I wasn't the stupid female that got into the back seat with that jerk.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

Look man....Im just saying, you made this bed....so sleep in it.....and my name is BUBBA!

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

And I wanted to apologize to you for the comments I made bubbasmith, I told myself I was gonna be nice to you following the holidays, then I did it again, so disregard the above comments, I decided it doesn't matter anymore and what difference does it make anyway. I think you are cooler than a lot of people give you credit for. I know we shared a lot of name calling to each other, but it was out of fun and not hate. I really think you are one cool dude. Go Falcons! ............Your friend VSU

Sally_O 1 year, 9 months ago

bubbasmithredneck says "You offend a lot of people with those crazy statements. Own up to your crazy comments and stick to it.You get more respect that way. "

You mean like those crazy comments you make like "Vomit State University" or "Sister Stupid" or "Obama won..Obama Won...Obama won...spike the football" or "I told you Obama would win ha ha ha another slam dunk"

Yep those comments would earn anybodys respect.......I don't think so!

Sally_O 1 year, 9 months ago

And waitforit can't you even come in here and make a constructive comment about this story other than to put out a chirldish rant calling people names? If you are not going to comment about the story then keep your mouth shut. Grow up and quit acting like a juvenile.

RedEric 1 year, 9 months ago

The future with Sharia law. Is there a Muslim in the crowd? I would like the relatives of the girl to instruct this slime. A man who overpowers a girl is not a man and deserves to be treated as such.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

White Ho messin around with white trash, I'd say she done got herself got. When you play with fire, you gonna get yourself burned.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

That was the same defense the kluxers used when lynching blacks who crossed the lines, you idiot.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

You just another racist turd on the board.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

BL, you don't even understand what the man said. Race card fail yet again.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

First of all are you Fryar Tuk? If not, I wasn't talking to you. secondly he called me an idiot, that's all I need to know. I'd like to see him say that to my face, I'd knock him so hard his name would change to Tuk Fryar.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

You are an idiot. If you had any intelligence it would come out in your handkerchief if you know how to use one which I doubt. In fact, I would wager that a DNA test on you would place you somewhere between a camel and roach dung. You wouldn't rise to the level of the missing link. Your problem is that you are so stupid and dim witted that you can only roll around in the gutter with your guttersnipe language which is an apt name for you. You are not a racist because you aren't human. You are PPP Piss Poor Protoplasm.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

You need a handkerchief to wipe that snot off your nose, cause you ain't nothing but a snot nosed punk. You so stupid you have to look at your ID to see what your name is. If your ID said FryarTurd, you'd believe it. You don't bother me white trash so don't even try, peace out snot nosed idiot.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

He called you an idiot because you are an idiot. I'm curious, what do you do for a living?

DoctorDorite 1 year, 9 months ago

My question is, why was the driver not charge also ? He could have stopped the assault then and there instead of looking on. Some important info was left out of this story and some important info SHOULD have been left out. If you drive bank robbers away from the robbery your charged with robbery also .

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Do we know that the driver didn't stop it?

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

Bunch of racists at it again. If that had been a black woman getting raped, you white people would be in here saying she just partying around trying to get a baby to get a welfare check. In your mind, white women can do no wrong. You don't ride with the devil and expect to come out an angel. One woman dating her respectible christian boyfriend who brings her home at a decent hour, another woman acting like a ho riding with people she barely knew and gets raped. You tell me who the smarter woman. Y'all a bunch of fools. Yeah, no means no, but her no should have been no to riding around with those white boys she hardly knew.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 9 months ago

Really? You need to change your name, son.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

And you one of the leading candidates that needs a little love in their life, you always full of hate.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 9 months ago

Brother Love aint messing around!!!

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

Because he or she is an ignorant idiot full of hatred towards white people.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

And you just an ignorant idiot full of hatred towards everybody, you always wanting to argue. You one unhappy sob.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm quite happy actually. Reading comments from people like yourself are as good as the comics some days.

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 9 months ago

How can anyone judge when you have never been in that type of situation? It is NEVER the woman's fault. Maybe she liked him and wanted to date him. Flirting doesn't give the go ahead to rape someone.

It's people who say it is the woman's fault why a lot of rapes go unreported. I still think some of these comments are VERY harsh about the victim. Shame on some of you!!!!

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 9 months ago

My name is Tami McCoy and you are welcome to contact me, VSU. You are the coward because you have never stated your name in a post. I could explain what I mean if you want to contact me.

VSU 1 year, 9 months ago

How do I know that is your real name? Plus it is nobody's business what my name is and how many commentors on this site state their real name? Why don't you call them cowards? Huh? What is Sister Ruby's real name? What is bubbasmithredneck's real name, why don't you call them cowards? Huh? I can't hear you. Answer that question. What's the matter? is waitforit his real name? is his first name "Wait", middle name "for" and last name "it"? I looked in the phone book and didn't see waitforit listed in there. Why don't you call him a coward?

KaosinAlbany 1 year, 9 months ago

Believe it or not but most rape victims know their attacker very well.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

What I like to know is since when is it a crime for someone to voice an opinion? Too many haters hating on people. Nobody can voice their opinion without some fool calling them an idiot. You don't agree with them is one thing, but they ain't idiots because their opinion different from yours. I think you all ignorant fools. bubbasmithredneck is the only sensible comment I read, the rest just spewing hate as always. Y'all sure enough republicans, y'all couldn't negotiate yourself out of a paper bag without turning on each other.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Folks are supplying a lot of information not in the article. Regardless of the woman's social standing she doesn't surrender her right to say no to a sexual act nor does she surrender her right to complain if attacked. It doesn't sound irregular for 3 acquaintenances to ride to the store together and frankly for two people to flirt or partially disrobe and one to say no, that happens as well. When one doesn't that's assault. Some of the statements made on this subject sounds like comments by knuckledraggers.

hotdog 1 year, 9 months ago

Oldguy 1 year, 9 months ago

A situation that got out of hand. These were young people with hormones running wild, probably do not attend church and had permissive parents that did not properly train them about right and wrong. When she said "NO" he should have stopped. She should not have put herself in a position for it to happen. I agree that the driver should have also told him to stop but he may have been waiting his turn. Was alcohol or drugs a contributing factor? If he is convicted he will become a registered sex offender and that will impact him for life. She will have the memory of it and that may haunt her for the rest of her life. Young people in these days and times just do not realize that one stupid act can follow them for life. I also agree there was to much explicit information in the story and not enough concerning contributing factors. This sort of thing happens all the time and is not reported. I pray for both of them.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

"She should not have put herself in a position for it to happen." She didn't. "It" doesn't just "happen." These situations are not the result of "things getting out of hand." Rape involves an attacker who needs nor requires a circumstance only an opportunity which he frequently creates. This is not adolescent hormonal impulsiveness it is violence and most often premeditated violence which makes me very suspicious about the driver not being charged.

Oldguy 1 year, 9 months ago

The male of the species is the aggressor in the mating ritual, look at wild animals the male is the aggressor. After all we are animals also and when "Things get out of hand." the male hormonal reaction is to become aggressive. The difference is that humans are taught to belay those emotional responses with common sense and respect the female and her wishes in sexual situations. What I was attempting to get across was that they obviously did not have the teaching in Church, School and by parents to handle these situations in a normal human manner. It is a result of the time that we live in. I still pray for both of them.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Where is it written that males are "aggressive" harmonally toward a female partner. We are looking at an incident of violence which is not harmonally natural or culturally normal regardless of Sunday School teaching. If you are so smitten with the wild kingdom review the mating rituals of the black widow spider. Males are competive with other males they don't have to attack their female partners. Rapists are not normal they are abnormal this is not just the absence of religious experiences.

Oldguy 1 year, 9 months ago

Fryar Tuk Thank you for your relies. I believe between us we have covered the full spectrum in this case. I am still curious if alcohol or drugs were a contributing factor. I do feel pity for both of them as this will haunt both for life. I still pray for both of them.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

Or maybe a little whore action.

agirl_25 1 year, 9 months ago

This is very disturbing...what have we become......archaic misogynist that devalue women (like those from certain specific immigrant backgrounds).......and everyone involved has agreed that she had brought the violence upon herself by not abiidng to his dominant volition? Quite frankly the attacker should not get off lightly, even if she did willingly get into the vehicle. NO means NO. This is just another example of how society seems to forgive abusers and lets the blame lie on the accuser. The abuse contines tho and the violence against women continues in an unhealthy way, and the real issue is: when will we stop making excuses for this abuse?

billybob 1 year, 9 months ago

One only need read the comments on this article to see glaring evidence of what is wrong with large segments of this community. It is completely immoral and improper to imply that this woman should have or shouldn't have done x,y or z and she would not have gotten raped. There is only one reason this woman was raped, and that is because her attacker chose to break the law and commit a terrible crime. Period. All of this victim blaming is simply stunning.

agirl_25 1 year, 9 months ago

Excuse me, but I did not imply she committed an improper or immoral act by getting in the car...I merely stated she did willingly get into the vehicle...no where in the article do I recall it saying she was forced. I also stated that NO means NO. I was stating an opinion, not trying to be offensive.

billybob 1 year, 9 months ago

Yes. And I was addressing you specifically in my comments.

agirl_25 1 year, 9 months ago

Then apparently you misunderstood me...for I am at a loss where you think I have implied I blamed the victim and I challenge you to point it out to me. I merely stated that maybe she did willingly get into the vehicle-- a huge mistake on her part-- in my opinion. I also stated that NO means NO. How do you know that among us reading and responding there are some who have made the same mistake of taking a ride with someone we should not have taken one with or know someone who did and were able to walk away without suffering the consequences the young lady suffered? We all do foolish things when we are young, and we all have regrets and among us I bet we all have tales to tell. Still..I think you misunderstood me.

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

If she'd been sitting at home watching TV like a good little girl instead of whoring around, she wouldn't have been in that car to get attacked.

FryarTuk 1 year, 9 months ago

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

You sound like a broken record with your dumbass talk, you a true idiot FryarTurd, take a bath or a breath mint or something cause you smell like something that belongs in a toilet.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 9 months ago

The article had too much info we didn't need to know and not enough info that we did need to know. What was the driver doing while this was going on? Why isn't the driver being charged if he did nothing?

Brother_Love 1 year, 9 months ago

You always seem to think you know all the answers, you figure it out.

Mr_Heatmiser 1 year, 9 months ago

How is it possible to bite someone in the vagina?

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 9 months ago

@ hotdog12 hours, 33 minutes ago

THANK YOU you have said more in a few words than anyone Else.

"I feel for the victim and I pray for her and her family....I hope if the guy is convicted he is punished to the full extent of the law.....black or white ,I have no compassion for a rapist or thief or child molester"

Compassion is a word lost on many here!