Squawk of the Day - Jan. 7, 2013

"Hoping the SEC wins another national title Monday night. I’m not big fan of Alabama, but I sure like them better than Notre Dame."

Comments

WJReady 1 year, 3 months ago

I am a DAWG AND HURRICANE. I could care aless about either one of them winning and dang sure do not want Saban to win another. GO IRISH...

Now the Falcons that is another subject... Come on Birds win the BIG one...

dickyboy 1 year, 3 months ago

Wow...FryarTuk ain't a Catholic...

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 3 months ago

Something tells me he's a Methodist.

Go Protestants!

waltspecht 1 year, 3 months ago

If it's anything like the Alabama - Georgia Game I'm staying up late (for me) to watch it. If not, "Roll Tide" because I'll be asleep. Bill and Odell, I know you'll be looking down watching this one, enjoy.

chinaberry25 1 year, 3 months ago

Alabama is expected to win, but who knows. Georgia almost beat them.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 3 months ago

Then Murray ran off the field to find his mommie.

FryarTuk 1 year, 3 months ago

No, he did not. I was at the game and I saw the entire game and post game events. Aaron Murray is a standup guy and you don't know what you are talking about.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 3 months ago

As soon as the game ended Murray trotted into the tunnel. He was gone before the first piece of confetti hit the turf. Period.

FryarTuk 1 year, 3 months ago

What you are saying is not true. You were watching some other game or past your med time. There wasn't a shred of confetti thrown. I was sitting on the Lower Level Section 133, Aisle L44, Row 17, Seat 16. Right above the Dawgs port. Murray had been wrongly booed by some trogs that didn't understand the plays. He was upset. Murray had signaled to Bobo several times about stopping the clock and was ignored. The final play of the game was a pass that was deflected and mistakenly caught by WR Chris Conley. Murray correctly believed Conley should not have caught the ball which added to his agitation. The ignorant fans thought Murray should have spiked the ball and they booed. Rather than react on the field he left. Of course, he did not have your demeanor of professionalism and forbearance but he was not in search of his mommie. I'll stop my narrative here so as not to insult you. I will say that he is a 22 year old young man who has completed a masters degree and has decided to return to UGA for another year in futherance of goals for the UGA team. You decide on your further babble, I won't let it rest you can damned well be assured of that.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 3 months ago

See my response on the Sports page. You do not have a UGA headset on nor do you read minds. I know what I saw. Period.

scooby62 1 year, 3 months ago

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades! What does count though,is that Georgia won their Bowl Bame! Not only that,but they did so almost effortlessly! (That's for all you Nebraska fans out there.)

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

Carefully on the bragging, Bulldog, you didn't play anyone in that bowl game

ROLL TIDE

Brother_Love 1 year, 3 months ago

And Yo Alabama didn't play nobody in the BCS championship game. Notre Dame a joke..

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 3 months ago

You obviously didn't watch the same game I did. GA pulled away in the second half of the second half. Prior to that it was a toss up.

TRUTH101 1 year, 3 months ago

The National Championship was played back in Dec.......They called it the SEC Championship.........

FlunkyMonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

YEP AND BAMA CAME OUT ON TOP, AGAIN...

TRUTH101 1 year, 3 months ago

Bandwagon fans make me SICK!!!!! If you werent a Bama fan prior to 2006.....go sit down.... Some of the same folks screaming ROLL TIDE, are the same ones that a few years ago were chomping with the Gators or yelling GEAUX TIGERS.....

Brother_Love 1 year, 3 months ago

That's the truth, some people only root for the team that is winning that year, Next year they would be a Vanderbilt fan if somehow they made it that far.

USTPC 1 year, 3 months ago

Alabama will lose tonight and it will be because McCarron throws at least one interception on the goal line. Alabama lost the game to Texas A&M because he threw one at the end of the game and they almost lost to Georgia in the SEC championship for the same reason. The Irish will shut down the Alabama running game forcing McCarron to throw and because he thinks he is better than he really is he will make mistakes. Alabama defense will keep it close but McCarron will cost Alabama the game. You now have my prediction.

RedEric 1 year, 3 months ago

Noted, checked for spelling and filed. You may be correct. It is a leftover from the Ara parseghien era, but I do not like ND.

FryarTuk 1 year, 3 months ago

Notre Dame can't bring enough pressure defensively to force McCarron into an error. Offensively they are slightly better than mediocre but just do not have the mettle to play for a national championship title. Even in the onslaught of GA's offense in the SEC Kirby Smart and Nick Saban devised an on field response that was actually masterful. They borrowed the playbook of Erk Russell, bend but don't break. The chains kept moving but so did the clock and that's why GA lost.

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 3 months ago

Oh is that game tonight? I think I'll watch The Notebook by myself instead.

TRUTH101 1 year, 3 months ago

I will be watching "The Walking Dead" on netflix........

Sherwood_Eagle_Alum 1 year, 3 months ago

I'm glad Dish has AMC now...I love breaking bad and walking dead!