Squawk of the Day - Jan. 19, 2013

"Why are the criminals in this world treated better than the veterans who have protected this country?"

Comments

daisymae 1 year, 7 months ago

Heck criminals are treated better than Senior Citizens and even the working folks. My theory is, the criminal has a better lawyer.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

Answer: Because most of them vote Democrat. Not so true for veterans, most of whom know better.

trudy2 1 year, 7 months ago

Question: How do know that most criminals vote Democrat? I would think that most criminals do not vote at all. Are you saying that most veterans vote Republican? Your answer is a little confusing, to me anyways.

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

Basically because the ACLU looks out for them, and in tern generates sources of revenue for it's major sponsors, Lawyers. Remember the best of all bottomless pits to sue are governmental entities. For they money is paid from what most consider an inexhaustable source, the American Taxpayer.

agirl_25 1 year, 7 months ago

My husband is a veteran and a military retiree and I also "did" my military time, beside him as his wife, but I must put in my 2 cents about the ACLU. I was bullied by the government and denied my rights to freedom of speech and the ACLU was the group that stood up for me. This was in the late 60's to mid 70's and you have no idea what hell I went thru, mostly while my husband was serving overseas in Vietnam. I suppose they thought a wife was more vulerable when she was alone and away from family with two small children. So say all the things you want to about the ACLU, for I too have made nasty remarks about some of the things and people they have defended in the past, but they do serve a purpose, and everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE....has civil rights...so don't ever be afraid to exercise them. Now you may throw my pennies back at me if you like!!!!! Oh, and PS...in case anyone wonders....it never made a difference in my husband's advancement thru the ranks....no one was "out to get him".......

waltspecht 1 year, 7 months ago

Just what did I say about the ACLU that isn't true? Yes, they have helped the underdog, more than once. However, they are the one group most responsible for Prison Reform. They do in fact create venues for Lawyers to persue. I never said they were all bad, or all good. Just that sometimes I think they are more Politically oriented than Judicial.

RedEric 1 year, 7 months ago

It is a numbers game. There are more criminals than veterans or seniors. Democrats call them My Constituents.

fcarroll 1 year, 7 months ago

I could not add anything more to the above comments as they are all correct, other than for the fact that if they are ever caught, tried and found guilty, what they hey!! they get 3 hots and a cot for free, we have to pay for those as well as our own. They are treated better than any of our military servants, working people or the retired. We care about our country, but we are the remaining few.

alleebrin 1 year, 7 months ago

Prove your point, Bubbasmithredneck! Would be interesting to read...!

oldster 1 year, 7 months ago

Good morning! Why are criminals treated better than Vet's? It could be moral relativism, this is where what was right is now wrong, and what was wrong is now right. And the lines between what is right and wrong are blurred. There is no longer strictly right or wrong, it is whatever the person thinks is right or wrong. We owe our Vet's a lot, we have to remember they were willing to take a bullet for us to defend our country.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 7 months ago

I dont see too many veterans wearing handcuffs and locked down for 23 hours a day...... I dont see too many veterans eating dog poo for dinner.... I dont see too many veterans being tortured by police and deprived of privacy, I dont see too many veterans being racially profiled and mis-treated by the justice system, I dont see too many veterans being strip searched and denied a chance to call lawyers...

Therefore, I conclude, THAT SQUAWK IS A LIE!!!

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 7 months ago

I told the truth...the person who wrote this squawk is a lie MISSY!!

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 7 months ago

Why don't you go LIE down on the train tracks