Three arrested near Westover High

Jerry Jerome Cauley

Jerry Jerome Cauley

ALBANY, Ga. -- In a confusing round of fights, marijuana and gun-toting boys, at least three were arrested and charged Thursday.

photo

Joseph William Behrend

photo

Thomas Blake Cainion

Westover High School students and non-students fought on Wednesday and Thursday, Dougherty County School System Assistant Police Chief J.C. Phillips said.

During the Thursday fight, one of the suspects beat a juvenile student with a gun, according to Phillips. Police responded and during the investigation, information from a student led police to follow and stop a white Chevrolet Cavalier on the 1200 block of Westover Drive, where they entered an apartment.

In the apartment, Phillips said, were boys with marijuana, and one had two .22 caliber handguns. Their involvement in the fights is under investigation.

According to Phillips, the following charges were filed against the teens:

• Jerry Cauley, 18, possession of a handgun and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
  • Joseph Behrend, 16, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
  • Thomas Blake Cainion, 17, possession with intent to distribute and distributing a drug within 1,000 feet of a school.

The guns, drugs and fights all remain under investigation.

The Albany Police Department, the Albany Dougherty Drug Unit, the Albany Police Gang Unit and the Dougherty County Sheriff's Office all participated in the investigation.

Comments

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 8 months ago

If the Adults in Albany do not stand up and demand harsh punishment for these punks, the next time they will not be afraid to fire the guns at each other. Draw the line in the sand or be ready to get in line for funerals.

dingleberry 1 year, 8 months ago

None of the usual "but he is a good boy who made a stupid mistake" stuff..

Abytaxpayer 1 year, 8 months ago

The lack of accountability is the reason people use "But he is a good---------------mistake" just look at Pike our great "Leader of Albany" that is all you are hearing about him. No one wants accountability, so we wind up with thieves and thugs running wild in Albany. They just follow the examples they are given and obey the laws that are enforced.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 8 months ago

Westover has been taking a beating lately.....I know Chunn is pissed

spookj6 1 year, 8 months ago

I see Albany's finest got their newspaper today I guess yall missed the Lee County drug arrests. I really missed yall's comments.

VSU 1 year, 8 months ago

You're a true bonafied idiot!

OnlyMe 1 year, 8 months ago

ACTUALLY! No gun was used at Westover. I just happen to go there. These 3 guys weren't even IN the fight. The 2 guys who were actually fighting aren't even on here. Where are their mug shots? The Guns were in the car, not on school campus. Check the school attendance records. The one who 'used' the gun wasn't even present at school.

Thurman 1 year, 8 months ago

Reading various news articles here within the Albany Herald and the comments made for each--I notice that there is no proof reading by the Albany Herald staff and foul language is easily permitted. I, for one, am tired of these type words within the comments made by citizens and permitted by the Albany Herald. Whomever "Chunn" is, he may be ill, upset, or mad about something, but not the word used in "bubbasmithredneck's" comment. Actually Mr. "bubbasmithredneck" YOU should be controlling your language in comments read by the public.

Bulldawg 1 year, 8 months ago

What's wrong with the word "pissed?" The word is just a slang expression for being mad or angry. "Pissed" is also a word used in The UK when referring to a drunk person. Grow some hide and relax.

Momof3 1 year, 8 months ago

Mr. Chunn (Coach Chunn to us who had him in elementary and middle school) is the Principal at Westover.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 8 months ago

anybody who cant handle reading the word "pissed" needs to get a life anyway. I have seen much worse than that......so, anyway, I am sorry you got "pissed".............lol

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

I thought "getting pissed" meant you were getting drunk? That's a very serious accusation against Mr. Chunn, bubbsmithredneck! You could be sued for cyber libel!

jgreen_93 1 year, 8 months ago

"Getting pissed" does not mean getting drunk. It's slang for getting extremely angry or upset over an issue.

VSU 1 year, 8 months ago

I agree with you Bubbasmith, I have seen worse words used on the site like the A word, F word, S word, even the N word. The P word you used is just a figure of speech. I have used some of these words myself, although I usually don't spell them out. Maybe you should have said pizzed.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

Seems like a simple dispute about who owns the franchise at that particular location.

bubbasmithredneck 1 year, 8 months ago

some people just wanna argue just for the sake of arguing.......so, thanks VSU.....you get my point!

erock 1 year, 8 months ago

I thought we were supposed to commenting on the thugs who somehow or another managed to get themselves arrested despite the pleas from the hoodlum community whos argument will definitely be, "oh there good boys.“

waltspecht 1 year, 8 months ago

Now, with this Federal crackdown on weapons, will Jerry Cauley be charged under the Federal Statute and do the mandatory ten on each count? I await to see just how committed to stopping potential School violance the President is. This involved Guns, School Children and Drugs. Almost makes him a Poster Child set an example canidate.

Sister_Ruby 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm sure idiots folks out there saying "no weapon formed against you shall prosper".............

whoz53 1 year, 8 months ago

Albany has a plethora of young ruffians to keep the city's reputation of being a dangerous place. Can you tone it down a bit fellas?

SlingShot 1 year, 8 months ago

Same old complainers on every post. Is sad when people's main goal is to be the first to belittle someone or some situation. But even so at least you learned to read.

VSU 1 year, 8 months ago

You expect to give these lawbreakers medals? Praise them? This is why the story is on here so people can comment on them. I guess you are one of those that thinks they did nothing wrong and that they are good boys just having fun.